Will Penisini talks about his mate Suaalii after extending Eels deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Penisini talks about his mate Suaalii after extending Eels deal

Penisini is sure to get in touch with Sydney Roosters ace Suaali’i, whose fullback plans at the Bondi club have been stalled by the world’s best No.1 James Tedesco.

Penisini and Suaali’i have known each other for a decade and played First XV rugby at the prestigious King’s School. Suaali’i was even spotted in the sheds after last year’s grand final supporting his Parramatta pal.

Penisini knows he would be doing the blue and gold faithful a favour by trying to sell Suaali’i the Eels vision, but could not promise anything. Suaali’i has clauses in his contract that allow him to negotiate with rival clubs each year.

“I don’t think he’s going anywhere soon, but I’d love him to come and play with me,” Penisini told the Herald. “It will be a tough conversation trying to get him into the blue and gold.

“We played together when we were younger. We’ve got a close bond, we’re like brothers, and our families are close. I think he’s happy where he is at the moment.

“The Roosters have a good problem with three fullbacks in their backline. It makes them more dangerous. You can see Joey Manu lurking around the ball, and ‘Teddy’ ... I’m sure they’ll come up with a plan to get them all more involved.

“He’d probably laugh at me if I tried to convince him to come out here now. But you never know.”

Yes Joseph is going to give up his life in Rose Bay so he can go live in Parramatta and play for the team that never wins anything. Not to mention the fact that they have a good fullback who’s now on a long term contract. I think they’d have to offer him 2 mill a season and a limo and driver every day to get him there.

Comment

He's a good winger and well worth keeping, but I fear because of his contract status we're going to go through this circus every year.

Comment

Ha ....... yeah sure

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
          He's a good winger and well worth keeping, but I fear because of his contract status we're going to go through this circus every year.
          Yes we will be. But I’m sure he will be respectful about the process and let management know early. I’m sure he remembers how quickly mudguts’ contract got pulled.
          Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Working...
          X