More Training Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Training Injuries

Just read that Manu sustained a back injury in training and JWH also some kind of injury while training which has them grounded for how long no idea. I lost the link to the article. But there’s got to be something wrong with our training methods as this is a regular occurrence. It’s unfair to fans and the game that training is causing this problem when we have enough difficulty keeping our best side on the field.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Minor “niggles” to keep them out of the all stars match. Nothing to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by TryColours View Post
      Minor “niggles” to keep them out of the all stars match. Nothing to worry about
      This. I wouldn’t be concerned
      Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I remember listening to the bloke in a bar podcast with SST and he said he was blown away when coming from the warriors and talking about the first training session with the chooks. He said they absolutely smash each other in every session.

makes sense we get some injuries

Comment

Originally posted by nayfo View Post
          I remember listening to the bloke in a bar podcast with SST and he said he was blown away when coming from the warriors and talking about the first training session with the chooks. He said they absolutely smash each other in every session.

makes sense we get some injuries
          Probably why we win comps and they win nothing.

Comment

Both players involved happen to suddenly get injured.

Comment

Injuries really starting to mount now. Tough to win it from here.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                Just read that Manu sustained a back injury in training and JWH also some kind of injury while training which has them grounded for how long no idea. I lost the link to the article. But there’s got to be something wrong with our training methods as this is a regular occurrence. It’s unfair to fans and the game that training is causing this problem when we have enough difficulty keeping our best side on the field.

JWH suffered a flare up of a lower back injury as well as his hamstring

Manu suffered a minor facial fracture during a training drill

Both have been ruled out of the All Star Match

Comment

JWH's hammy and lower back injuries are chronic- plenty of players can play despite pain but he is one of those few who can perform at his usual high standard as well. He will start the year as fit as what he was a decade ago....but at 34 father time will come knocking so i'm sure Robbo has a plan to manage his time on the field

If i could choose 2 players to have a outstanding seasons it would be Collins and Lodge. If these 2 fire we will win the comp- if they dont then for all the brilliance of the halves and backline we will make the top 8 and not much further

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                    JWH's hammy and lower back injuries are chronic- plenty of players can play despite pain but he is one of those few who can perform at his usual high standard as well. He will start the year as fit as what he was a decade ago....but at 34 father time will come knocking so i'm sure Robbo has a plan to manage his time on the field

If i could choose 2 players to have an outstanding seasons it would be Collins and Lodge. If these 2 fire we will win the comp- if they dont then for all the brilliance of the halves and backline we will make the top 8 and not much further
                    Good call on Collins and Lodge. We can expect Jarrod to miss a chunk of the season with injury. Behind Collins and Lodge there is only inexperience so these guys are hugely important.

Comment

Here we go again. I don’t know why anyone would be surprised as it’s the same every season.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                        Late today Manu was listed as having a facial fracture and JWH as having a back problem and hamstring injury.
                        Both were dropped from the Maori All Stars team.

Connor Watson will miss half the season with a knee injury, radio news announced.

Charming.
                        There's obviously something wrong with our training methods.
                        We can't even start the season with our best team on the field.
                        ...and there's more of the same training...and trials to go yet.

Yes, same thing happens every year.

Comment

Working...
                        X