8 from 10 - not a bad little run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 from 10 - not a bad little run

I'm not sure how many of you know this but out of our last 10 starts in the NRL we have won 8 of them.

If you throw in the trials, which I am reluctant to do, we are sitting at 10 from 12.

Whichever way you look at that, we actually aren't traveling to badly. Plus, as every one seems to be saying, we aren't even playing anywhere near our best.

All in all, its a good sign for the future and it's also a good sign about the teams mental aptitude. Winning becomes a habit and it is a habit and hopefully we can continue on with it. I'm not overly impressed with the way we have been playing, but the fact is we have now won 4 from 6 this season and still have a mile of improvement in us.

I think we are having a crack, will not win a comp this year but with a number 6 next year we will put some more points on the board and should challenge.

Also happy at the spine shown in not resigning Xianni Anastasiakis

Comment

The only statistic that counts from last year is we missed the top 8. And much like 2007 and 2009 we missed out because the players are mentally weak. The complete opposite of what you are trying to imply.

It is good to see them winning and trying. But until they show some ticker for an extended period then I will continue to consider this team mentally weak.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
        The only statistic that counts from last year is we missed the top 8. And much like 2007 and 2009 we missed out because the players are mentally weak. The complete opposite of what you are trying to imply.

It is good to see them winning and trying. But until they show some ticker for an extended period then I will continue to consider this team mentally weak.
        You seem to really enjoy your footy Diced Carrots...

Comment

Yes we beat the Storm with 2 of their greats out but looked what happened when those two greats came back. Last year's last 4 rounds mean SFA as do the trials.

Comment

I'm just waiting for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              I'm just waiting for next year.
              why are you waiting for next year.....these are the good old days just wait and see. we do need to let go of some things and start to let the newbies have a crack. not all at once.5/8 is important. morts has to run the ship with pearcey with ant mitch and jake floating around. lets work on no $bw and build on what is. really was carney here as a package deal for his bro. he shine in one game then pisses on the flame the next. rotate moga thru with bj and cannon ball.
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Dice the last thing the roosters are this year is mentally weak...they've showed great mental toughness to still win games and not loose conferdence in them selves after making a heap of mistakes and giving away penaltys or copping bad calls against them....if anything they are mentally strong but lack decipline and patience which will get better with more game time experience for a young squad.

They look hungry to win no matter at what cost and im loving it. GO U CHOOKIS!!!

Comment

Mentally weak teams dont win games in the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    Mentally weak teams dont win games in the NRL.
                    Especially scoring 2 tries in the dying minutes against the Vermin in Round 1. I think it's some of the fans who are mentally weak...they don't understand getting 2 points for a win, no matter how ugly, is actually a good thing. All I hear about is how our wins are 'ugly'. If you want to watch something pretty on the weekends, go to a flower show!
                    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                      why are you waiting for next year.....these are the good old days just wait and see. we do need to let go of some things and start to let the newbies have a crack. not all at once.5/8 is important. morts has to run the ship with pearcey with ant mitch and jake floating around. lets work on no $bw and build on what is. really was carney here as a package deal for his bro. he shine in one game then pisses on the flame the next. rotate moga thru with bj and cannon ball.
                      wow

Comment

Certain wooden spooners in 2007 to premiership contenders overnight when Freddy took over. Wooden spooners in 2009. Grand finalists in 2010. Wooden spoon contenders in 2011. Going well so far in 2012.

They are hardly the signs of a mentally tough team. They are the signs of a team with some talent who only perform when they in the right mental state.

Let's see revisit this later in the year and decide if in 2012 we are Jekyll or Hyde.

Comment

Originally posted by narners View Post
                          I'm not sure how many of you know this but out of our last 10 starts in the NRL we have won 8 of them.

If you throw in the trials, which I am reluctant to do, we are sitting at 10 from 12.

Whichever way you look at that, we actually aren't traveling to badly. Plus, as every one seems to be saying, we aren't even playing anywhere near our best.

All in all, its a good sign for the future and it's also a good sign about the teams mental aptitude. Winning becomes a habit and it is a habit and hopefully we can continue on with it. I'm not overly impressed with the way we have been playing, but the fact is we have now won 4 from 6 this season and still have a mile of improvement in us.
                          COnfuscious (The Gibbons Chinese penfriend) say, when water fall in a winters frost, the spring will bring a flood !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                            Certain wooden spooners in 2007 to premiership contenders overnight when Freddy took over. Wooden spooners in 2009. Grand finalists in 2010. Wooden spoon contenders in 2011. Going well so far in 2012.

They are hardly the signs of a mentally tough team. They are the signs of a team with some talent who only perform when they in the right mental state.

Let's see revisit this later in the year and decide if in 2012 we are Jekyll or Hyde.
                            Add in 06 and the debacle that was the whole pRicky-gate/MrHandyshake affair and our pathetic efforts on the field that year.

And who has been the constant in all this mental weakness mate???

It's in the eyes I tellsya, it's in his breath, it smells weak.

Hopefully we rid the club finally of that mental weakness at the end of this season.

So many, coaches and players, in his time here have been the scapegoats and have been moved along, but the same headspace has prevailed. Interesting isn't it, the one constant that's remained.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Dice why would u bring up previous years when we were going so badly because of afew distractions in the team and those scums are gone now,,,anyways stop living in the past its 2012 now and we are far from mentally weak geez if you'd actually watch any games this year you would know!!

Comment

Working...
                              X