No announcement yet.

Robbo is shite thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think Trent needs to put his hand up when it comes to injuries and head knocks - it's not bad luck, it's poor preparation and fielding a team not mentally ready to play out there which is making us prone to it, also prone to dumb football period. Mentally we are just way off way too often - that's on the coaching staff period.

Comment

Here's a scoop.....Trobbo is shite.....over-rated has-been

Derp never learns

Comment

So many low percentage plays, no look passes from our halves, I want to know what this hardest style of play is supposed to look like.

You've got to win.your position in the game, trying to Harlem globetrotter your way to ascendancy will not work.

12-6 and we play like 30 down. Get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
          So many low percentage plays, no look passes from our halves, I want to know what this hardest style of play is supposed to look like.

You've got to win.your position in the game, trying to Harlem globetrotter your way to ascendancy will not work.

12-6 and we play like 30 down. Get rid of it.
          Responding to this part of your post stringaz - "I want to know what this hardest style of play is supposed to look like."

This is the new way of saying "Roosters footy" because the old way has lost all meaning and credibility, unless "Roosters footy" still means high error/low completion, bumble-headed, soft at times, low IQ, impatient, bystander syndrome footy.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
            I really think Trent needs to put his hand up when it comes to injuries and head knocks - it's not bad luck, it's poor preparation and fielding a team not mentally ready to play out there which is making us prone to it, also prone to dumb football period. Mentally we are just way off way too often - that's on the coaching staff period.
            You think the head knocks are a result of not being mentally ready to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

You think the head knocks are a result of not being mentally ready to play?
              Absolutely.. poor form/ poor technique.

That requires defence training.

Which i have serious question marks over since fitzy left us.

Comment

Originally posted by FREEMAN89 View Post

Absolutely.. poor form/ poor technique.

That requires defence training.

Which i have serious question marks over since fitzy left us.
                So poor form and technique or mentally not ready to play?

Didn't Cordner & Friend both medically retire during Fitzy's reign as defensive coach?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

Responding to this part of your post stringaz - "I want to know what this hardest style of play is supposed to look like."

This is the new way of saying "Roosters footy" because the old way has lost all meaning and credibility, unless "Roosters footy" still means high error/low completion, bumble-headed, soft at times, low IQ, impatient, bystander syndrome footy.
                  Its cart before the horse philosophy. With the obvious fact of a new hooker, sam and luke needing more time together (imo) the desperate play is all too common. It could totally change next week. Hell, they flit in and out of it all game. We are allergic to possesion and building momentum.

This has been a trait of the last couple of seasons.

Comment

After today's disgraceful showing, bump.

Comment

There's only one logical way out of this predicament.

Momo for Captain/ Coach rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
                        I should have been on that list.
                        Really good coach, probably really good fella.

I’m saying that, no coach should be immune from criticism from the fans.
                        Not that our voices matter……
                        Politis is the only opinion that counts and you can tell they are tight.
                        Would take a lot to shift Trent from Bondi.
                        Keep making basic errors & completing sets just above 50% & a Bondi Wall that's built by shonky builders the last few years.

Starting seasons under prepared & under done which is Rooster norm these days....makes yesterday's hero credits running low & getting tiresome.

Comment

Robbo is not shyte.... but he's no guru super coach either. Buying star players on big money doesn't form a TEAM. We should have kept Verrills, because Cheese is NOT what we need. We should have developed more DEPTH from juniors. We should have higher standards re completions, errors, defence. When we had a REAL suoer coach back in 1967, with a team of nobodies, I WAS THERE when we lost our fist game to Cronulla at the SFS, it was their first game in First Grade. but we made the semis after not winning a single game in 1966. We did it through teamwork, DEFENCE, kicking game, and belief and HARD WORK.
                          These pampered players on huge money need a real good wake up call, and it shouldn't have come to this..... it wouldn't have if we had a REAL super coach.
                          And the big thing is..... it was NO SURPRISE..... you could actually see it coming.
                          Yes it's time for a change, thanks Robbo....... bon voyage.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                            Robbo is not shyte.... but he's no guru super coach either. Buying star players on big money doesn't form a TEAM. We should have kept Verrills, because Cheese is NOT what we need. We should have developed more DEPTH from juniors. We should have higher standards re completions, errors, defence. When we had a REAL suoer coach back in 1967, with a team of nobodies, I WAS THERE when we lost our fist game to Cronulla at the SFS, it was their first game in First Grade. but we made the semis after not winning a single game in 1966. We did it through teamwork, DEFENCE, kicking game, and belief and HARD WORK.
                            These pampered players on huge money need a real good wake up call, and it shouldn't have come to this..... it wouldn't have if we had a REAL super coach.
                            And the big thing is..... it was NO SURPRISE..... you could actually see it coming.
                            Yes it's time for a change, thanks Robbo....... bon voyage.
                            Same with Dominic penis hands, not what we need. Disgraceful signing unless he is on minimum wage.

Comment

K. Not taking a shot at Robbo... coaches general.
                              ​​​​​​
                              Comes a time when players stop hearing the message.
                              Don't think that's the case with us.

Comment

I’m not convinced with the coach and captain combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X