Spencer Leniu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Tallis is in the media only because they need a quota of one eyed controversial Queenslander mouthpieces.

Queensland is i'd argue the main market for NRL despite population differences. Everyone and his dog is NRL mad up there. In NSW you've got reasonable competition from AFL, Union, Soccer. No one in QLD gives a shit about anything else but League.

I 100% guarantee you if Tallis was a New South Welshman he would have never got within a mile of a microphone or a TV camera.

The bloke makes Blocker Roach sound like a scholar, that's how bad he is.
    100% Although Tallis is not alone here. Vossy and of course opposition fans echoes his sentiments, and that is just par for the course in modern sport.(sorry modern sports journalism)

However it's that article by rothfield (players salary speculation) that i believe serves no constructive purpose other than to rile up those who like to throw shade at the Roosters, and is a precursor to our treatment by the officials.

When have they ever (speculatively) had us under the cap?

This happens before every season launch and I see it for what it really is. My 2 cents anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

100% Although Tallis is not alone here. Vossy and of course opposition fans echoes his sentiments, and that is just par for the course in modern sport.(sorry modern sports journalism)

However it's that article by rothfield (players salary speculation) that i believe serves no constructive purpose other than to rile up those who like to throw shade at the Roosters, and is a precursor to our treatment by the officials.

When have they ever (speculatively) had us under the cap?

This happens before every season launch and I see it for what it really is. My 2 cents anyway.
      Rothfield has always had a grudge against us. It got better once Gould was gone from involvement at our club (who I swear must have fkd Rothwit's wife at some stage to generate the hatred he has), but the hatred is still there.

You know what is quite funny.....the mouthbreathing morons over on the Dogs forum right now raging about us being cap cheats:

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/i...lphins.125469/

What a glass house full of thickheads that place is...

Comment

Rothfield has always had a grudge against us. It got better once Gould was gone from involvement at our club (who I swear must have fkd Rothwit's wife at some stage to generate the hatred he has), but the hatred is still there.

You know what is quite funny.....the mouthbreathing morons over on the Dogs forum right now raging about us being cap cheats:

Like those clowns can talk lol .... they're about one season away from being docked several competition points, fined a few million dollars and finishing the comp with the spoon by default ... standard operating procedure for the Cu*terbury-Bankstown Bullfrogs

FLOPS OF WAR !!!

Comment

I think they actually believe that the figures provided are the real deal. Lol.

It’s quite funny, I didn’t realise that Bulldogs fans hated us so much. I’d say that they are one of my least thought-about teams.
          EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

As a general rule of life if you find yourself agreeing with Phil Rothfield and Gordon Tallis you need to stop immediately and reasses.

Comment

Just reading that article on the Bulldogs forum.

- How do they come to the conclusion that Suaalii is worth 800k a season? Also, he's still signed on the deal the Roosters got him on before he debuted so that contract would be way less even if he was worth 800k which he isn't.

- Tallis claims Manu is on a million a season but a quick Google search says when he re-signed last season it was a 2 year deal worth 1.4 million so 700k a season, when Tedesco retires/moves on and Manu is the Roosters fullback he will probably get a million a season but he isn't on that right now.

- Tallis claims Keary and JWH would get 700k in the open market now, really? Love them both but Keary is on the back end of his career now and an injury risk, JWH is also on the back end of his career and would not command 700,000 a season if he was released today. Maybe 400-500k on the open market is what they'd get taking that into account.

- Perhaps the most perplexing comment is Tallis saying he just doesn't understand how we could sign Leniu and Young but it's so obvious, JWH and Tupou will leave after this season opening up space for these two...isn't that obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by MKCS View Post

- How do they come to the conclusion that Suaalii is worth 800k a season? Also, he's still signed on the deal the Roosters got him on before he debuted so that contract would be way less even if he was worth 800k which he isn't.

- Tallis claims Manu is on a million a season but a quick Google search says when he re-signed last season it was a 2 year deal worth 1.4 million so 700k a season, when Tedesco retires/moves on and Manu is the Roosters fullback he will probably get a million a season but he isn't on that right now.

- Tallis claims Keary and JWH would get 700k in the open market now, really? Love them both but Keary is on the back end of his career now and an injury risk, JWH is also on the back end of his career and would not command 700,000 a season if he was released today. Maybe 400-500k on the open market is what they'd get taking that into account.

- Perhaps the most perplexing comment is Tallis saying he just doesn't understand how we could sign Leniu and Young but it's so obvious, JWH and Tupou will leave after this season opening up space for these two...isn't that obvious?
                Who said Toops is retiring?

Comment

And that’s the flaw in the whole article - these figures are Rothfield and Read’s best guesses at salaries. It’s about as reliable as my lotto ticket. But hey! Since when has their job been to report 100% fact?

Comment

Originally posted by Roosters1908 View Post

And that’s the flaw in the whole article - these figures are Rothfield and Read’s best guesses at salaries. It’s about as reliable as my lotto ticket. But hey! Since when has their job been to report 100% fact?
                    Rothfield’s article is based on his estimated market value not what he thinks they are being paid. He has Mitchell valued at $1.4mill which is around 500k more than he is being paid

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Who said Toops is retiring?
                      I don't think he's retiring but I do think he's leaving the Roosters, the signing of Dom Young seems to indicate that.

Comment

but it's so obvious, JWH and Tupou will leave after this season opening up space for these two...isn't that obvious?
                        It's so obvious that we will not get rid of the only remaining player to qualify for the $250k long service allowance.

Dom Young plays on the opposite side of the field.

Comment

If Toops can stay fit and healthy, and he is willing to stay on his current contract (which is not much in comparison to other wingers in the comp) or perhaps even take a slightly reduced deal then I rather him stay and get put on one of those special "year by year" contracts that we've offered in the past to our players. He can still play at a very high-level (we all know this) as he did for NSW and Tonga !

Comment

I don't think he's retiring but I do think he's leaving the Roosters, the signing of Dom Young seems to indicate that.
                            Both play on opposites of the park!
                            Toops qualifies for the 200k discount next year.
                            We could have both wingers for about 700k, that's 350 each for 2 very good wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
                              Tallis is an absolute grub, his comments are slander & causing incitement amongst the not just League but sporting community.

Virtual calling us cheats & having an unfair advantage. The club should take a stand from this bulls**t slander with no proof what so ever.

The grubs voice is broadcast over radio & TV to which he thinks he has a free reign to spread sh*t as he see's fit.

He didn't worry me much before but I'm now sick of the grubs face & commentc.Farrrrk I can't stand him.

Remember Phallus was at souffs as a Skeletor puppet, so he has been indoctrinated against us for life.

Comment

Not to me it doesn’t. We are desperate for a right winger. Paulo is playing there this Sunday. Very desperate!

Comment

Working...
                                X