Spencer Leniu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsdan View Post

It's always double standards when it comes to us, when other clubs gets players, its a "coup" or its a great signing... but when it comes to us it's always "poached"... we're just going to have make do with that reality and take it as a sign of envy and jealousy from other clubs. We're the standard that they want to be but can't reach.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
      I don't usually like to give this sort of thing airtime, and probably because the proponents of it are not worth listening to.(Tallis)

But its hilarious when the Roosters do a bit of "shopping" and everyone loses their minds. We don't trade/buy apparently we only poach. lol.

Its a top line sporting code, swopping/buying players is as common as passing the ball.

Look at the dogs over the off season, good on them for not wanting to languish down the bottom, they've snagged some good players. The 2002 doggiez is where it's a case of too far.

The double standards are hilarious, I'm having a good mutley laugh into my coffee right now.

Vossy can jump in the bin too, Uncle Nick needs no permission to hunt whoever he likes and the Knights are well within their rights to tell us to get nicked (no pun). But they didn't.

Will the dogs be punished in the penalty count this year? Will Penrith? I await with baited(coffee) breath.(lol not really)
      the vossy one made me laugh so much. we apperently shouldnt try sign dom young because the knights are a lower table side and its 'mean' to try sign their players.

thats exactly what should be happening if a club is run like a basket case.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        This signing is getting better with all the butthurt it's causing.

Tallis is such a clown. League sure loves its prehistoric meathead analysts.

Its not like we're signing Leniu for 2023. He's replacing JWH for 2024. And no way is he costing as much. That's really basic math.
        Tallis ain't good at this.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I actually love it when mates give it to me about poaching or salary sombrero blah blah blah. I just say “whatever it takes to win a premiership, no one remembers 2nd place but the record books will always remember the winner……FOREVER!!!”

Just laugh at the butthurt and remember it’s nothing but jealousy

Comment

Tallis is an absolute grub, his comments are slander & causing incitement amongst the not just League but sporting community.

Virtual calling us cheats & having an unfair advantage. The club should take a stand from this bulls**t slander with no proof what so ever.

The grubs voice is broadcast over radio & TV to which he thinks he has a free reign to spread sh*t as he see's fit.

He didn't worry me much before but I'm now sick of the grubs face & commentc.Farrrrk I can't stand him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              Tallis ain't good at this.
              Well in fairness to him he has stated he believes 80% of people think we cheat the cap, and the other 40% arent sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
                Tallis is an absolute grub, his comments are slander & causing incitement amongst the not just League but sporting community.

Virtual calling us cheats & having an unfair advantage. The club should take a stand from this bulls**t slander with no proof what so ever.

The grubs voice is broadcast over radio & TV to which he thinks he has a free reign to spread sh*t as he see's fit.

He didn't worry me much before but I'm now sick of the grubs face & commentc.Farrrrk I can't stand him.
                That article by rothfield and Brent read (about what they think players are worth) which they use in their opinion to total clubs salary caps, picked up and regurgitated by code NRL on social media is absolute crap.

The first few lines is legitimate slander making out we bust the cap, (3 million over the actual cap, 5 million more than the dolphins total player value) followed by them saying that they don't think we do. Wtf!

And then they value luke brooks at 600k when in reality he is on a million bucks at the tigers.

What's the point of this speculation other than to turn the great unwashed against clubs like ours? Then we get hammered in the penalty counts and they love to see it because we cheat according to this opinion piece rubbish.

If the Tigers want to pay Brooks that much money to underachieve, that's on them.

I'm glad we have a self confessed very determined owner in uncle Nick to keep us competitive.

How we rid ourselves of tall poppy syndrome is another matter.

Mark my words, we could pick up the spoon for ten years straight and these anti rooster sentiments would still abound. And the penalty differential.

End of rant.

GO EASTS

Comment

I’m so over Tallis. I don’t know what he said but I can just imagine it. What an idiot. As for Voss, what a complete hypocrite. Did he complain when we released Mitchell from the final year of his contract?

Comment

I think it was Sam Thaiday who rightly pointed out that Gordy is paid big money to paint targets on people and create big headlines. Don't take much notice of it.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

That article by rothfield and Brent read (about what they think players are worth) which they use in their opinion to total clubs salary caps, picked up and regurgitated by code NRL on social media is absolute crap.

The first few lines is legitimate slander making out we bust the cap, (3 million over the actual cap, 5 million more than the dolphins total player value) followed by them saying that they don't think we do. Wtf!

And then they value luke brooks at 600k when in reality he is on a million bucks at the tigers.

What's the point of this speculation other than to turn the great unwashed against clubs like ours? Then we get hammered in the penalty counts and they love to see it because we cheat according to this opinion piece rubbish.

If the Tigers want to pay Brooks that much money to underachieve, that's on them.

I'm glad we have a self confessed very determined owner in uncle Nick to keep us competitive.

How we rid ourselves of tall poppy syndrome is another matter.

Mark my words, we could pick up the spoon for ten years straight and these anti rooster sentiments would still abound. And the penalty differential.

End of rant.

GO EASTS
                      100% spot on.

I wasn't a big believer in refs have it in for us previously but there has to be some kind of evening out the playing field bias in their minds surely when we play.

Tallis is a simple mind who unfortunately appeals to other simple minds who have no idea how a professional team is run.

You would have thought by now after all these years we would have been picked up for any cheating like the Dogs & Melbourne were.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36

Mickey lane: “Na I support all Clubs especially souffs! they’re probably right as I need to try and maintain a “fair and balanced” view here it’s my thing…Tallis is a great man who’s view is correct …. Also I hope the tigers win the comp

Thirteen: Can I be a moderator??? please!
                        Mickey: "Anyone wanna buy a pair of assless chaps? Mardi Gras over for another year"...

Comment

Who gives a flying Fcuk about Tallis Let us be happy we have made a good signing
                          When you trust your television
                          what you get is what you got
                          Cause when they own the information
                          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Obviously one too many head knocks for old cow. Can't tell one year from the next and how a cap actually works from contact to contract. One thing we have is stature. I'm sure there's plenty of players wanting to sign for an extra 200k and play for a club languishing in the bottom 8 year after year, but I bet there's plenty more wanting to play finals footy and an ongoing chance at the big dance. That's why we march to the beat of our own drum. Toolis wasn't ever complaining when he played in a team with 4 bench rep players. Embrace the hate.

Comment

I think Gordon should be invited down to Roosters HQ and allowed to go through the books. Of course it will need to be explained to him that there aren't any pictures !

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee Tornado View Post
                                Fathead Tallis can’t work out that when you lose a player (JWH) you are allowed to replace him with a new player.

it’s kind of sad that morons like him will say anything to get some press
                                Tallis is in the media only because they need a quota of one eyed controversial Queenslander mouthpieces.

Queensland is i'd argue the main market for NRL despite population differences. Everyone and his dog is NRL mad up there. In NSW you've got reasonable competition from AFL, Union, Soccer. No one in QLD gives a shit about anything else but League.

I 100% guarantee you if Tallis was a New South Welshman he would have never got within a mile of a microphone or a TV camera.

The bloke makes Blocker Roach sound like a scholar, that's how bad he is.
                                Last edited by Steakface; 02-27-2023, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X