Spencer Leniu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
    Not sure what’s happening lately with our signings. He gives this interview but it’s not officially announced by the Roosters. Same with Dom Young , not officially announced yet. Also Brandan Smith went on a podcast before the Roosters announced his signing last year. Roosters media team need to work on this !!
    Sack robbo, sack the media department , sack nick

Comment

Not sure what’s happening lately with our signings. He gives this interview but it’s not officially announced by the Roosters. Same with Dom Young , not officially announced yet. Also Brandan Smith went on a podcast before the Roosters announced his signing last year. Roosters media team need to work on this !!
      Yeah personally I’d like to see more on this front too - also better updates on injuries. Likely it’s due to cooling off period.

Maybe naive but I’d love to see JWH sign a 1 year extension and play on in 24. He would add plenty of value even at his age and I think he has a young family, so not sure it’s that simple to just assume he will pull them out of school etc and do a 2yr extended French holiday. Spencer goes good off the bench - something we desperately lack at the moment, but not sure he’s as effective starting. 22yrs old, plenty of upside.

Comment

Originally posted by ARD View Post
        Maybe naive but I’d love to see JWH sign a 1 year extension and play on in 24
        I'd love to see it happen, but sadly i don't think it's to be.

He is 34 and has played at 100% for his entire career. His sternum is fkd, and his legs are fkd, his back is fkd (and no doubt other chronic injury issues as well that we aren't privy to).

He has achieved everything in the game.

From his own personal perspective, the cons of continuing on must surely severely outweigh the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

I'd love to see it happen, but sadly i don't think it's to be.

He is 34 and has played at 100% for his entire career. His sternum is fkd, and his legs are fkd, his back is fkd (and no doubt other chronic injury issues as well that we aren't privy to).

He has achieved everything in the game.

From his own personal perspective, the cons of continuing on must surely severely outweigh the pros.
          Good points, I just struggle with goodbyes.

Comment

Originally posted by ARD View Post

Yeah personally I’d like to see more on this front too - also better updates on injuries. Likely it’s due to cooling off period.

Maybe naive but I’d love to see JWH sign a 1 year extension and play on in 24. He would add plenty of value even at his age and I think he has a young family, so not sure it’s that simple to just assume he will pull them out of school etc and do a 2yr extended French holiday. Spencer goes good off the bench - something we desperately lack at the moment, but not sure he’s as effective starting. 22yrs old, plenty of upside.
            That would be awesome. Even having JWH play limited minutes, acting like a gun for hire/hitman type of role coming off the bench would boost the confidence of our pack/team ... I would welcome JWH for another year !

PS: For me JWH is held in the same high regard as Glenn Lazarus

Comment

Any chance to get him this year? God we need him.

Swap with May?

Comment

JWH for another year starting from the bench coming on in the 20-25th minute have the half time break and play another 15 -20 minutes at start of second half would be enormous.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                  Any chance to get him this year? God we need him.

Swap with May?
                  And we can throw is Baker too.

Comment

I'm ok with this. We don't need to acknowledge them as ours until they finish their commitments with their current clubs.

We all know it's official we don't need an email from the club to make us all feel warm and fuzzy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

And we can throw is Baker too.
                      When we had White and May on the field it was clear we had no hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

I know Politis said Whyte is a superstar but I'm yet to see him standout in reserve grade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

I don't think it would have mattered who was on the field at that time. We went about 8 sets in a row where we made an error on an early tackle and didn't get to a kick so whoever was on was always going to struggle

Comment

• I still cant figure out why the media tell us whose coming to the playing group NEXT season ....what good is that for this season ?...shit stirring i guess , getting clicks

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I don't think it would have mattered who was on the field at that time. We went about 8 sets in a row where we made an error on an early tackle and didn't get to a kick so whoever was on was always going to struggle
                              Very true. I think I was getting triggered by their matching pigtails at that point.

Comment

• Very impressive, great signing.

Offers more than Radley & Butcher combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X