Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Is that a video or just pics of Hutch?
    Pics Jack - The Hutchinator is the type of player Big Jack Gibson would have liked - Willing to play any position or role the Coach wants him to without any complaints

Nowadays you have players that want to play fullback or a certain position only , Only want to play on a certain side of the field (left or right) Or don't like starting matches on the bench etc etc.

Big Jack Gibson would have no time for such players but plenty of time for a player such as the Hutchinator.

Comment

I find Nat Butcher to have more similarities to Maubs than Hutch.

Hutch is more like Anasta but prone to run the ball more.

Maubs although not his preferred position, would defend better in the centres than both of them.

Comment

On a totally unrelated note, I'm watching Selwyn Cobbo make more of a fist at fullback in 30 minutes than Latrell has in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

It would make me a lot happier.
          Smith/Turpin with Hutch at centre.
          Sorry BB have to respectfully disagree. Hutch isnt a starting centre. IMO we should try to develop him into a play making utility come running backrower. He has a strong boot which comes in handy. But isn't fast enough for centre. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Sorry BB have to respectfully disagree. Hutch isnt a starting centre. IMO we should try to develop him into a play making utility come running backrower. He has a strong boot which comes in handy. But isn't fast enough for centre. Just my opinion.
            Hutch is targeted out in the centres....but so is Sitili and Angus when they are asked to play in the centres.

I agree with you about him being a backrower. He is a effective defender when big guys run at him, but any struggles out wide with the faster players. His kicking game means he can cover in the halves should Walker or Keary go down- and this week with no Manu its a no brainer that Hutch should be on the bench.

It goes to show how special Mitch Aubusson was- he was a great backrower who still could handle the defence in the centres and run great lines in attack.

But there's only 1 Aubo.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
              On a totally unrelated note, I'm watching Selwyn Cobbo make more of a fist at fullback in 30 minutes than Latrell has in 3 years.
              yeah na

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

yeah na
                Yep agree - ridiculous original comment from gaz !

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Hutch is targeted out in the centres....but so is Sitili and Angus when they are asked to play in the centres.

I agree with you about him being a backrower. He is a effective defender when big guys run at him, but any struggles out wide with the faster players. His kicking game means he can cover in the halves should Walker or Keary go down- and this week with no Manu its a no brainer that Hutch should be on the bench.

It goes to show how special Mitch Aubusson was- he was a great backrower who still could handle the defence in the centres and run great lines in attack.

But there's only 1 Aubo.
                  Aubo value is truly being felt now. Its a crime that he never played SOO

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Yep agree - ridiculous original comment from gaz !
                    Since when does he take hitups in the middle of the field?!

Latrells game: Receive kick, pass to winger. Jog upfield, recieve ball, pass to winger, try.

That try saver from Cobbo was great fullback positioning.
                    Last edited by stringaz; 03-03-2023, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Since when does he take hitups in the middle of the field?!

Latrells game: Receive kick, pass to winger. Jog upfield, recieve ball, pass to winger, try.

That try saver from Cobbo was great fullback positioning.
                      Cobbo made more errors in that second half than Don Bradman made runs gaz. He was horrific and scared of the position in defence - shied away from highballs and was error prone on their own line. He was rubbish second half .

On Latrell Yep points agreed about his hit ups and kick receive almost always passes but he is the biggest game breaker in the game hands down.

But still F#ck Latrell.
                      Last edited by The Lip; 03-04-2023, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Cobbo made more errors in that second half than Don Bradman made runs gaz. He was horrific and scared of the position in defence - shied away from highballs and was error prone on their own line. He was rubbish second half .

On Latrell Yep points agreed about his hit ups and kick revive almost always passes but he is the biggest game breaker in the game hands down.

But still F#ck Latrell.
                        Agreed he faded out in the second half. He hasn't had too many games at fullback?

He was very involved in that first half, all over the field, so I gave my comparison, but not overly serious, latrell has achieved way more than Cobbo at this stage.

Gamebreaker? When he wants to be. I've always thought he plays well below his potential at the back, hence my poke at him about Selwyn. Or Edwards, and of course teddy.

He wants the dally M this year, better go after those 3 points son.

Comment

Agreed he faded out in the second half. He hasn't had too many games at fullback?

He was very involved in that first half, all over the field, so I gave my comparison, but not overly serious, latrell has achieved way more than Cobbo at this stage.

Gamebreaker? When he wants to be. I've always thought he plays well below his potential at the back, hence my poke at him about Selwyn. Or Edwards, and of course teddy.

He wants the dally M this year, better go after those 3 points son.
                          F#ck I hope he doesn't win the Dally M - he's such and ungracious prick.

Comment

Working...
                          X