No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We present as a poorly coached team too often since our amazing b2b. Yet again today.

No way to sugarcoat it unfortunately.

Especially disappointing with Robbo having made a point about how we are ahead of our mark at this point to start the year cookin.

Comment

• Teddy a great player but as I captain I’ve always had my doubts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

I didn't mention Teddy in my post.

When a team comes up with thaf kind of ball control in round 1 that to me shows a lack of effort which isn't showing pride
        No I know you didn't, I'm trying to question the logic of your point.

Teddy was a key contributor to the poor ball control today so by your logic he didn't show enough pride?

I think it's lazy analysis, you can say he was poor, didn't play well, horrendous, throw a few expletives in there I just don't buy the lack of passion argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Les Tricolores View Post

So bang average then?

Neither would have made the Dolphins starting lineup today… yet both will have a long career with us
          not every player can be a star ...nat i think is great , defensively great, handy in attack, versatile, he is not a million nowhere near and a fantastic clubman ...but egan yea i fail to see it ..all hype

Comment

• That 2nd half was putrid with soft defence and allowing so many offloads and an abundance of errors. Teddy left his best work in the bedroom on his honeymoon. Not many shining lights for us in that performance. Our bench forwards are a real weak link.

Comment

• Was that the famed "Roosters style of footy" that hear about so often?

When you look at the consistent professionalism of the top clubs the past few years, we have been an embarrassment in comparison.

Injuries aside, we look like a poorly coached footy side with little resolve for a fight.

Look at our roster and I dare anyone with a straight face to say that what we saw today was acceptable.

It was incompetence from the coaches down to the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
                Forever the optimist, I'm predicting they'll get 10 penalties to our 4, 7 restarts to our 3, we'll lose 2 players to HIA, two will be put on report, one will get 10 in the bin, we'll concede 3 tries down Hutchinson's side and 2 right up the middle from 5m out and Walker will have a bad day with the boot.

And, of course, the referee will totally rip us off.
                Penalties: 2:7 - I was close
                HIA: 2:0 - correct
                We got 1 on report, so I was close
                We got 1 in the bin - correct
                As for tries - I was probably correct.
                Restarts: No idea, but they didn't favour us

We definitely got shafted by the ref, but the main factor was shithouse handling and pathetic defence. The knock on call against Butcher was diabolical and it arguably changed the momentum of the game. How in hell can the video ref look at it once when they look at tries at least 6 times? And of course, the Ref just didn't want to sent Tupou's try to the video ref as a try. Just had to initially rule it a no-try, didn't he?

The only thing I got wrong was that Walker was 100% with the boot.
                1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowCaster View Post

This aged well
                  Yeah I know , I was the only one on here hoping we would win

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                    lol @ Easts,

Last time i felt this embarrassed as a fan was been done by the Raiders 66-4.
                    Surely you felt this embarrassed when Souffs rolled us 60-8?
                    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      Was that the famed "Roosters style of footy" that hear about so often?

When you look at the consistent professionalism of the top clubs the past few years, we have been an embarrassment in comparison.

Injuries aside, we look like a poorly coached footy side with little resolve for a fight.

Look at our roster and I dare anyone with a straight face to say that what we saw today was acceptable.

What's wrong with attempting to have a style of play?

I see this thrown back in Robinson's face time after time by our own supporters and it bemuses me. I'm sure he'll be the first to admit that we missed the mark today and didn't play the style of footy he was after.

What do you want him and the players to say, that we don't have a style of footy, that there is no particular way we want to go about playing the game?

Comment

• ill give the dolphins this , they showed a lot of heart and balls , i doubt they'll finish last

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                          ill give the dolphins this , they showed a lot of heart and balls , i doubt they'll finish last
                          Going to be a question of depth and fatigue for them this year. Let's be real, today and probably their game against the Broncos are going to be there 2 "grand finals". If they can pick up some points around origin time and other games and finish 9-12th I think Bennett will have done a tremendous job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            Was that the famed "Roosters style of footy" that hear about so often?

It's round 1... I dunno what else to say.

While it's a shyte start, Robbo's style seems to involve this Mr Miyagi style 'wax on, wax off' shyte where he's like 'you must focus on this twisted, awkward looking style until you have proven to me that you are ready to play proper footy!!!'

Thus, we have this charade where we're banned from playing expansive footy for 1/2 the year and come good as a result (beating Bennett and Bellamy coached teams which is no small feat! Robbo has the confidence that the big dance will be our test, so has the luxury of being able to coach this way).

Is it a waste of time? I dunno!

However, IMO using JWH, Manu and Crichton (yes, I said Crichton as the 'ROOSTERS WAY' is to give unconditional mental health leave + be an a-grade employer rather than a 'win at all costs no matter what' employer) woulda been a mistake. I suspect we woulda beaten the Dolphins but paid for it.

So to answer your question - I think the Roosters' style is to always prepare for the big picture. Sometimes it backfires on us, but so what? We keep our eye on the big dance and have confidence in our systems that if we stick to our systems/principals, we'll get there.

Comment

• Trivia question .
                              Who was the first coach to loose to the new Dolphins NRL club.
                              Robbo

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Going to be a question of depth and fatigue for them this year. Let's be real, today and probably their game against the Broncos are going to be there 2 "grand finals". If they can pick up some points around origin time and other games and finish 9-12th I think Bennett will have done a tremendous job.
                                if they finish 14 th or above he should be in the running fpr coach of the year...i saw brenko lee today i thought he was straight put of biggest loser or my 500 pound life

Comment

Working...
                                X