No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that was a shocker...no ball defence , and then they just let dolphins unload at will....but my biggest gripe is , how the flying f**k does Kafusi (or whatever) get the artie medal for MoM when he nearly took Cheese's head off with a shoulder charge ( that wasnt even looked at ) and Egan got walked for that Fin Dick milking a tackle ...FFS , Robbo , pull ya finger out son , its a shit start

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
      If you have a style of play you like to speak of so often then it doesn't look great when you haven't been able to execute it this decade to date.
      The hard writing on the wall for me is that we start building momentum and then give it away too quickly (this happens a lot) then it takes too long to get it back all the while not getting the rub of the green in the ruck (butcher's knock on)

I'm not blaming the ref today, but we most always have to make our own luck and shooting ourselves in the foot puts the lead in the balloon.

We have a team that could come out next week and go skitz, but the desperate plays that reek of catch up footy even when we lead, have become far too common the last few seasons.

Maybe drop it back a gear. But I really hope they get there with the hardest style of footy. I'd love to see us top four again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Recky62 View Post
        that was a shocker...no ball defence , and then they just let dolphins unload at will....but my biggest gripe is , how the flying f**k does Kafusi (or whatever) get the artie medal for MoM when he nearly took Cheese's head off with a shoulder charge ( that wasnt even looked at ) and Egan got walked for that Fin Dick milking a tackle ...FFS , Robbo , pull ya finger out son , its a shit start
        I hope it wasn't too awful for you and your wife today, plus being out in the heat..Freddy said Gilbert should have been binned also.

Hope Thirteen at least has a smooth flight home..

OMR was right to cancel and so was I before I'd even booked anything apart from my days off..
        "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

• Originally posted by Steakface View Post

It's more the depth.

Thats the price to pay for haivng a really strong starting 13.

You hear certain people jizzing about our younger blokes liek Whyte, Taphu and Baker in the lower grades, and whining about them not getting a go.

The fact is, most of them are not good enough and I can't see a great deal of them becoming a big success elsewhere either.

May is our standout junior forward, and he isn't spectacular.

REgardless, all is not lost we have:

Sitili,
          Crichton
          JWH
          Manu
          Watson

to return.

That will make a big difference.
          Unfortunately Watson wont be back til 2024 and who knows with Crichton.

Also you forgot to mention Momo!

Comment

• Those claiming trials are trials, today shows exactly where we’re at as a team.

It’s not pessimistic but realistic that with Rads likely gone at least next week, Lodge also likely out (would not be surprised if he’s done damage), and Butcher likely to cop a week, expecting the next two weeks could see similar outcomes.

At least a bye early might be our saving grace.

Comment

that was a shocker...no ball defence , and then they just let dolphins unload at will....but my biggest gripe is , how the flying f**k does Kafusi (or whatever) get the artie medal for MoM when he nearly took Cheese's head off with a shoulder charge ( that wasnt even looked at ) and Egan got walked for that Fin Dick milking a tackle ...FFS , Robbo , pull ya finger out son , its a shit start
              Kaufusi won that game for them, credit to him, shame we had no forward who could aim up today.

Comment

Even though I can't stand the guy, I thought the Kafusi tackle was a great tackle.

Egan deserves what he gets -they haven't learnt from Collins' suspensions last year. And then Egan comes back on and one of the first tackles, he's third man in again at the knees.
                Banning the third man in will be the only way these dunb***ks get the message.

Comment

• They were awful embarrassing to say the least anyway next week we will have manu and Jarrod back hopefully but that doesn’t fix what I believe is the worst bench in the nrl

Comment

• Maybe some of todays players need to go to the hyped Roosters School of Excellence because Robbo didn’t get excellence from them today.

Comment

• tbh i was a little alarmed when teddy said we wanted to start the season strongly leading into the bye that we might do a repeat of the 2020 season coming off the covid break. we started strongly then but didn't have that extra gear come the semis. robbo's the bart cummings of footy coaches and plays a long game and it's not unusual for us to lose the first game but then go on to have a good season. the same will probably happen this year

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                        tbh i was a little alarmed when teddy said we wanted to start the season strongly leading into the bye that we might do a repeat of the 2020 season coming off the covid break. we started strongly then but didn't have that extra gear come the semis. robbo's the bart cummings of footy coaches and plays a long game and it's not unusual for us to lose the first game but then go on to have a good season. the same will probably happen this year
                        It's the early season wins that give you a second chance come finals time.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                          Maybe some of todays players need to go to the hyped Roosters School of Excellence because Robbo didn’t get excellence from them today.
                          Or maybe some of them need to park in their safe space for a while. Like the rest of the season.

Comment

• Bennett's front door mat

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                              Try time for the Hutchinator
                              Id just like to issue a formal apology to yourself KS as President of the Hutch fan club. He was by far our best today and the only one who shouldn't be embarrassed for their performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I hope it wasn't too awful for you and your wife today, plus being out in the heat..Freddy said Gilbert should have been binned also.

Hope Thirteen at least has a smooth flight home..

OMR was right to cancel and so was I before I'd even booked anything apart from my days off..
                                Thank you. I’m on the return flight now and really enjoying the pandemonium on the forum. I find this place very comforting after a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X