Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical slow start to each season.
    Lets hope it clicks in the second half and we cut out the errors and score some points.

Comment

• Egan Butcher really concerns me,hopefully he can pick it up in the second half..

Comment

• We do not look ready at all. Flop

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
          Even though there were enough errors, that was the best round 1 first half we've played in years.
          If that's the best round 1 game in years we are in for a shite year

Comment

• First half ended up being quite brutal
            EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              Whyte soft as butter in D there.

That's why rookie towards struggle to get games under Robbo.
              Gets caught ball watching, May wasn't much better either, he ended up marking the bloke that played the ball. Really soft try to conceed against a team who haven't been offering much in attack.

Right edge looks most likely. We look clunky going down the left with new combination of Suaalii & E. Butcher.

Teddy with a hospital pass to Egan and a kick out on the full... need more from our captain in the second half, Keary too. These are the senior players who should be guiding us home in a game like this.

Comment

• Man, unforced errors are just disgusting. To be fair I’m at the game and it’s very hot and there’s a lot of fatigue out there. With that being said, that many errors in a row, particularly down our left edge, is just not acceptable.

Lindsay and Lodge have both looked good from where I’m sitting. Also Walker has done some great stuff.

Feel like the Dolphins left edge looks way more likely. Surprised they seem to be favouring the right.
                Last edited by BraveTheWorld; 03-05-2023, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• ill be honest i dont see the hype with egan butcher ...his brother is 10 x better on work produced not so called "potential ", fark me that final 10 mins ...also teddy needs to stop doing everything himself ...just observations

Comment

• Hope we can give it to them in the second half.

IMO we're still looking better when we look good. Just need more of that and less cr@p.

Comment

• Whyte, May & Turpin in our forwards all at the same time is not giving me a woody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steakface View Post

It was alright.

We've just been absolute dogshit for the past 10 minutes - inviting them back again and again
                        Giving our momentum away with attempted miracle plays, maybe we shouldn't be playing the hardest brand of footy, bring it down a notch for better possession

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                          Egan Butcher with his customary mistake every game
                          He's not big enough yet to start games.
                          We're getting run over by Nicholls, Lee, ...big opposition players.

Teddy kicks out on the full...what's that?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                            ill be honest i dont see the hype with egan butcher ...his brother is 10 x better on work produced not so called "potential ", fark me that final 10 mins ...also teddy needs to stop doing everything himself ...just observations
                            I think the hype is that he's the bigger of the two brothers (Nat isn't all that big so goes under the radar IMO) and has played well as a random substitute. Now he's gotta take ownership of the jersey and show he's more than a handy sub...

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
                              Even though there were enough errors, that was the best round 1 first half we've played in years.
                              We led Manly 26-4 at half-time 2 seasons ago....

It was a dumb half of footy, Wayne knows the best way to play against us....just wait and we will oblige by doing something dumb. I will say the energy levels look good, but they did in the trials too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

If that's the best round 1 game in years we are in for a shite year
                                Early round losses are not representative of the potential. We recently won a GF in a season where we lost our first 5 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X