No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certainly the basics need some more work i.e ball control and set completions / reducing errors and defence and improving discipline ( reduce penalties and set restarts conceded0 - these really fell away in the second half - i.e set completions second half 44% and 62% overall for the match - First half was 80%

1st Half
    • Possession - Dolphins - 49% - Roosters 51%
    • Set Completions - Dolphins - 83% (20/24) vs Roosters 80% (17/21)
    • Line Breaks - 2 each
    • Defence (Tackles ) - Dolphins - 165 - Roosters - 144
    • Missed Tackles - Dolphins - 30 - Roosters - 15
    • Errors - Dolphins - 6 - Roosters - 5
    • Penalties Conceded - Dolphins -2 - Roosters 5
    • Set Restarts Conceded - Dolphins - 0 - Roosters 1

2nd Half
    • Possession - Dolphins 63% - Roosters - 37%
    • Set Completions - Dolphins - 77%- (17/22) - Roosters - 44% (5/14)
    • Line Breaks - 3 each
    • Defence (Tackles) - Dolphins - 118 - Roosters - 164
    • Missed Tackles - Dolphins - 14 - Roosters - 17
    • Errors - Dolphins - 6 - Roosters 8
    • Penalties Conceded - Dolphins - 0 - Roosters - 2
    • Set Restarts Conceded - Dolphins - 1 - Roosters 2

Full Match
    • Possession - Dolphins - 56% - Roosters 44%
    • Set Completions - Dolphins - 80% ( 37/46 ) - Roosters - 62% ( 22/35 )
    • Offloads - Dolphins 13 - Roosters 6
    • Line Breaks - Dolphins - 5 - Roosters 5
    • Defence ( Tackles ) - Dolphins - 283 - Roosters - 308
    • Missed Tackles - Dolphins - 44 - Roosters 32
    • Errors - Dolphins - 12 - Roosters - 13
    • Penalties Conceded - Dolphins - 2 -Roosters -7
    • Set Restarts Conceded - Dolphins - 1 - Roosters 3
    Last edited by King Salvo; 03-05-2023, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

What's wrong with attempting to have a style of play?

I see this thrown back in Robinson's face time after time by our own supporters and it bemuses me. I'm sure he'll be the first to admit that we missed the mark today and didn't play the style of footy he was after.

What do you want him and the players to say, that we don't have a style of footy, that there is no particular way we want to go about playing the game?
      If you have a style of play you like to speak of so often then it doesn't look great when you haven't been able to execute it this decade to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
        Trivia question .
        Who was the first coach to loose to the new Dolphins NRL club.
        Robbo
        trivia question bonus round ?

who doesnt win in round 1 ?

robbo !

Comment

• Is it wrong to say that keary has to go ?? I mean seriously i hate the fact that we get hammered for the salary cap yet i wouldnt pay 1$ for any of those blokes out there today …. No excuses this is there job! Why do we always look so hopeless at the beginning of the year ?? Cant catch a ball, cant make tackles, that bloke from souths still haunting us up the middle its just pathetic

Comment

• Originally posted by Aubo View Post
            Is it wrong to say that keary has to go ?? I mean seriously i hate the fact that we get hammered for the salary cap yet i wouldnt pay 1$ for any of those blokes out there today …. No excuses this is there job! Why do we always look so hopeless at the beginning of the year ?? Cant catch a ball, cant make tackles, that bloke from souths still haunting us up the middle its just pathetic
            i dont think keary was the problem .

the problems were errors, total loss of momentum when lodge and collins went off , may and whyte were ineffective i felt . e butcher just did nothing , i jist cant understand people who have him ahead of sitili, whom i rate . i actually thought walker was ok today , radley was quiet whilst on , b smith was interrupted...just all in all a fark up of a game

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
              honestly we under perform more than any other team.

May and Whyte are crap
              May is ok.
              Whyte had his big chance today, but didn't take it.

Bennett goes and buys some players, and beats us.
              We should copy what he does.

Comment

What's wrong with attempting to have a style of play?

I see this thrown back in Robinson's face time after time by our own supporters and it bemuses me. I'm sure he'll be the first to admit that we missed the mark today and didn't play the style of footy he was after.

What do you want him and the players to say, that we don't have a style of footy, that there is no particular way we want to go about playing the game?
                I just question the teams ability to play that style. Consistent enough to win games over 80 minutes anyway.

In 2019 they did execute, but do we have the players (At the moment)to handle that type of footy? So many hail marys.

I do get what Nat Butcher is saying, maybe we are just a bridge too far at this stage of the season.

Robbo is thinking about winning the comp and raising the bar yet again I have no doubt.

The two points would have been nice today.

Comment

• Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Surely you felt this embarrassed when Souffs rolled us 60-8?
                  What! We lost 60-8 to Souffs!!!!.....My lobotomy removed that from my memory...

Good call though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    If you have a style of play you like to speak of so often then it doesn't look great when you haven't been able to execute it this decade to date.
                    Thought we were very good in the 2nd half of last season. When you say execute, what's your metric?

Comment

• Can't really expect to win when missing Manu, JWH, Gus, Sitili Momirovski, Watson ...and moving Suaalii from right wing to left centre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        We present as a poorly coached team too often since our amazing b2b. Yet again today.

No way to sugarcoat it unfortunately.

Especially disappointing with Robbo having made a point about how we are ahead of our mark at this point to start the year cookin.
                        Have to agree mate.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post

I just question the teams ability to play that style. Consistent enough to win games over 80 minutes anyway.

In 2019 they did execute, but do we have the players (At the moment)to handle that type of footy? So many hail marys.

I do get what Nat Butcher is saying, maybe we are just a bridge too far at this stage of the season.

Robbo is thinking about winning the comp and raising the bar yet again I have no doubt.

The two points would have been nice today.
                          I agree on questioning whether we have the team to play to that level and style but you've got to be aspirational and have something to aim for.

The intent is fine, judge them on their exexution which was very poor today.

Comment

I agree on questioning whether we have the team to play to that level and style but you've got to be aspirational and have something to aim for.

The intent is fine, judge them on their exexution which was very poor today.
                            And I think that lack of execution did rest with our spine players today.

The pre match talk was about the Roosters 1 6, 7,9 to win it and they didn't.

It was lovely though to see Keary on the break and the lead up to Tupous try.

And walkers goal kicking

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                              Can't really expect to win when missing Manu, JWH, Gus, Sitili Momirovski, Watson ...and moving Suaalii from right wing to left centre.
                              Yes you can and should .

Comment

• Predictions for next week:
                                • The dolphins will get hammered by the faiders in a reality check.
                                • The Roosters will lose to the worriers in another inept performance.
                                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X