Refereeing so far round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refereeing so far round 1

Have to say in general some entertaining games with particularly Klein and Sutton, to my surprise, staying out of games where possible.

A few concerns:

In defence Panthers in around 80 % of tackles have a second or third man flop over the ruck, well after tackle is obviously completed, significantly slowing down the play the ball speed. I never saw them pinged once by the ref. I can only assume all other teams in 2023 are permitted to do this and not attract a penalty - correct?

Still some murderous phantom forward pass calls going on denying sides fair tries - I saw the raiders cop a couple at least.

I still hate the "6 again" restarts for nebulous perceived play the ball slow downs or marginal offsides when teams are defending their line. The interpretation of these is way, way too arbitrary for my liking to the point that results can be engineered.

Overall I'm glad the season has started again. Expecting a good game today at Suncorp with the officials not getting caught up in assisting a fairy tale result for the newcomers under Yoda Bennett.

The shockers on forward pass calls that are backward from the hands (i.e fine to play on) is continuing. Could be a very frustrating year if this keeps happening, assume its the hapless bengal lancers buggering things up again. Maybe between the on field ref and bunker, we can dispense with touch judges for good.

The standard of play itself has been as good as I can recall for Round 1. Teams have obviously worked hard in the off season.

Comment

I’m sure we’ll be pulled up for at least 6 forward passes today. Also, the Dolphins will be allowed to stand offside most of the game while we get the bell for multiple six agains.

Comment

The forward pass denying Sharks try was one of the worst calls I have ever witnessed. Worse than the one that cost Manly a game a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
          The forward pass denying Sharks try was one of the worst calls I have ever witnessed. Worse than the one that cost Manly a game a couple years ago.
          Souths got a few nice calls. BAU.

Comment

Inexcuseable!

Comment

Congratulations to the dolphins!

Particularly for only conceding 3 penalties/restarts to our whopping 9. Excellent discipline by a brand new team. Particularly impressive is they did not concede a single ruck infringement. They did an effective job of slowing our play the balls, but completely legally. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Particularly for only conceding 3 penalties/restarts to our whopping 9. Excellent discipline by a brand new team. Particularly impressive is they did not concede a single ruck infringement. They did an effective job of slowing our play the balls, but completely legally. Well done!
                We lost the battle in the ruck so we were always going to be on the receiving end. If you're not dominant in your defence you're always hanging on trying to slow things down. I don't think the refereeing played any part at all in our demise

Comment

Not withstanding the final forward pass for the dolphins first try.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

It's a farce.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by gragra View Post
                      Not withstanding the final forward pass for the dolphins first try.
                      Glad im not the only one who saw that one
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

We lost the battle in the ruck so we were always going to be on the receiving end. If you're not dominant in your defence you're always hanging on trying to slow things down. I don't think the refereeing played any part at all in our demise
                        The major flaw in this argument is that even when we do dominate the ruck we still get railed in the penalties.

Win or lose the ruck; no matter. The end result is the same - a bias against the Roosters.

Comment

No surprise considering who it was against

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            The major flaw in this argument is that even when we do dominate the ruck we still get railed in the penalties.

Win or lose the ruck; no matter. The end result is the same - a bias against the Roosters.
                            100%.

see our seasons in 2013-14 when we were an incredibly dominant team. Winning games like 56-6 against the Eels or 39-0 against the Dogs we still weren’t winning penalty counts which is borderline impossible when you think about how dominant the performance is and having the opposition tired and on the back foot all the time

Comment

Where have all the monstrous scores gone, a feature of last season? Only round one but that stood out for me. Only the Manly game was a blowout.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                              X