No announcement yet.

Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walker was fine yesterday. The fact he took about 5-6 hit-ups early in the set shows he is brave and that the team was incredibly disjointed. Our forwards were the true embarrassment yesterday (apart from Collins), they were out enthused and bashed through the middle. Meant Sam, Teddy and Keary had to get the ball in less dangerous positions and often over-play their hand causing errors.

Sam, Keary and Teddy will never become bad footy players overnight. The latter two especially are some of the best we've ever seen play the game, but they are guilty of doing too much and not playing to whats in front of them. They were trying to speed things up and force points that weren't there due to our forwards complete lack of go forward. Shambolic performance from us but wasn't anywhere near the halves fault.

Comment

No doubting Walkers skill and potential but unfortunately he's still getting ragdolled and palmed away by those attacking his side. I wonder why (legally) putting on an extra 7-8kgs of upper body muscle mass couldn't be achieved as this is his 3rd season in grade. I believe the weakness in defence, in his case is largely related to being light weight and not so much technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie79 View Post
        No doubting Walkers skill and potential but unfortunately he's still getting ragdolled and palmed away by those attacking his side. I wonder why (legally) putting on an extra 7-8kgs of upper body muscle mass couldn't be achieved as this is his 3rd season in grade. I believe the weakness in defence, in his case is largely related to being light weight and not so much technique.
        He is still only 20 years old

He will 'thicken up' over time as his body matures

Walker is the least of our problems

Comment

Mmm nah Walker for sure has to be better in certain areas i.e kicking. His long kicking game stinks if it isn’t a end to end bomb then what else does he pull out of his bag? Not once have I ever seen walker look to kick early and into space to turn sides around. Cronk did this? Why can’t Sam. We need some variety in our kicking game for sure. His defence needs working on and he looks too erratic at times. He needs to remember he is now our 7 and that comes with control and management, not the long harbour bridge pass or running side ways looking for someone to drop under or run a risky line all the time. Step up in these areas Sam.

My judgement is not just based on yesterday too.

Comment

Working...
          X