Egan Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
    What’s going to be the realist team for next week ?
    If Radley / Lodge and E Butcher are missing and Manu and JWH are back they will be down to 19 players from the full NRL Player list
    1. Tedesco
    2. Toops
    3. Suualii
    4. Manu
    5. Paulo
    6. Keary
    7. Walker
    8. Collins
    9. B Smith
    10. May
    11. Whyte
    12. Wong
    13. N Butcher

Bench from

Hutchinson
    JWH
    Baker
    Turpin
    Allen
    S Smith
    Hau Tapuha
    Thomas
    Pauga

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

If Radley / Lodge and E Butcher are missing and Manu and JWH are back they will be down to 19 players from the full NRL Player list
      1. Tedesco
      2. Toops
      3. Suualii
      4. Manu
      5. Paulo
      6. Keary
      7. Walker
      8. Collins
      9. B Smith
      10. May
      11. Whyte
      12. Wong
      13. N Butcher

Bench from

Hutchinson
      JWH
      Baker
      Turpin
      Allen
      S Smith
      Hau Tapuha
      Thomas
      Pauga

robinson didn’t sound too confident when asked about any players returning next week.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

1. Tedesco
        2. Toops
        3. Suualii
        4. Manu
        5. Paulo
        6. Keary
        7. Walker
        8. Collins
        9. B Smith
        10. May
        11. Whyte
        12. Wong
        13. N Butcher

Bench from

Hutchinson
        JWH
        Baker
        Turpin
        Allen
        S Smith
        Hau Tapuha
        Thomas
        Pauga

surely JWH starts ahead of May. even so our forward depth is terrible. And for us to have any chance we need a TOP FLIGHT dummy half...... and that ain't the cheese. We are no certainty to beat the Warriors, and that's a sickening thought.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

robinson didn’t sound too confident when asked about any players returning next week.
          Yeh he didn't so have to wait and see what happens during the week

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

surely JWH starts ahead of May. even so our forward depth is terrible. And for us to have any chance we need a TOP FLIGHT dummy half...... and that ain't the cheese. We are no certainty to beat the Warriors, and that's a sickening thought.
            No Guarantee JHW will be back or Manu

Comment

With Robbo as our Coach,I highly doubt Manu or JWH will play next week

He will be happy to rest them for another week,no rush..

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                I'm gobsmacked we were so keen to resign them both.
                Might be a good idea for Newcastle to put in that request again.

Comment

Just a circumstance of the team today, thought his sin bin was harsh but everyone knows a great tactic against us is feigning injury as referees will never hold back from penalising us.

Comment

Both Butchers defence was ordinary, had a hand in letting 3 tries in.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                      Both Butchers defence was ordinary, had a hand in letting 3 tries in.
                      Really?

You could argue Egan should've pushed harder from marker on the first Isaako try but the whole team was over the place for that try, they had just rolled our ruck and pulled us apart.

I had Lodge at fault for the first, Whyte for the 2nd, Walker at fault for the 3rd, a shambles for the 4th and Suaalii/Toops for the 5th with no communication at all.

Comment

I know Egan didn't set the world on fire roday but I'm willing to overlook today and simply put it on a few things i.e. first time starting (especially on the left edge), match fitness and conditioning, overall confidence.

If he stays there over time, I'm sure he will come good with that combination with Keary and Suaalii (until Sitili returns and/or Angus returns which is unlikely anytime soon). So we'll have no choice but for us to pick and stick with Egan. Siua Wong will probably get a crack next week due to Egan serving a suspension.

I'm not going to write off Nat, he played for us very well last year. Probably all down to lack of pre-season fitness and training.

The entire team looked flat and slow.

Comment

its not that i have a problem with egan butcher...it's just that well ...ive never seen him have that game ...i've seen nat have that game , egan never ...and this is a guy some on here have described as a rep player of the future or potential captain ...he is nowhere near given what i have seen , potential yes, but for now he is well down the pecking order , behind a fit gus, nat, sitili ,

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Really?

You could argue Egan should've pushed harder from marker on the first Isaako try but the whole team was over the place for that try, they had just rolled our ruck and pulled us apart.

I had Lodge at fault for the first, Whyte for the 2nd, Walker at fault for the 3rd, a shambles for the 4th and Suaalii/Toops for the 5th with no communication at all.
                            Lodge was offside for the first, and Egan wasn’t even close to covering him, The2nd, Whyte was at fault, but that close to the tryline, butcher should of been closer than he was to jam in and help, instead of barely getting an arm on him, and then again for the try where walker was the main defender, Nat seemed to fall for the dummy on the inside, and was unable to help the defensively vulnerable Walker at all.

For all the defensive accolades he seems to get, i thought he should of done alot better.

Egan just had an overall game to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                              I know Egan didn't set the world on fire roday but I'm willing to overlook today and simply put it on a few things i.e. first time starting (especially on the left edge), match fitness and conditioning, overall confidence.

If he stays there over time, I'm sure he will come good with that combination with Keary and Suaalii (until Sitili returns and/or Angus returns which is unlikely anytime soon). So we'll have no choice but for us to pick and stick with Egan. Siua Wong will probably get a crack next week due to Egan serving a suspension.

I'm not going to write off Nat, he played for us very well last year. Probably all down to lack of pre-season fitness and training.

The entire team looked flat and slow.
                              Nail on the head. Seems to be all too common for us at season's start.

Comment

i posted last year that i wasn't too impressed by egan butcher and i stand by that we should piss him off to the knights if it means getting young released early

Comment

Working...
                                X