Egan Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Lodge was offside for the first, and Egan wasn’t even close to covering him, The2nd, Whyte was at fault, but that close to the tryline, butcher should of been closer than he was to jam in and help, instead of barely getting an arm on him, and then again for the try where walker was the main defender, Nat seemed to fall for the dummy on the inside, and was unable to help the defensively vulnerable Walker at all.

For all the defensive accolades he seems to get, i thought he should of done alot better.

Egan just had an overall game to forget.
    Lodge has to make that tackle and give away the penalty there, if Egan comes in on the hooker then it's just a simple pass to put Kafusi into the open.

Whyte is 100% at fault for the Nicholls try, that's never Butchers tackle to make or even try to cover for. If anything May should've been pushing harder from marker so Whyte was on Nicholls right shoulder and May was there to take his left.

On the Walker one Butcher is held up because the half goes right into the line not because of a dummy. Smith does a really good job with pressure from marker so inside ball is never on, it's Whyte again from memory who was passive in defence when he could have slid a little hard to give us the number advantage.

I do need to watch all again when i get home but if the Butcher boys were to blame for any of them it would be very minimal blame.

All my opinnion ofcourse, I appreciate the well thought out post in amongst all the hysteria of a Round 1 loss on this place brings

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

If Radley / Lodge and E Butcher are missing and Manu and JWH are back they will be down to 19 players from the full NRL Player list
      1. Tedesco
      2. Toops
      3. Suualii
      4. Manu
      5. Paulo
      6. Keary
      7. Walker
      8. Collins
      9. B Smith
      10. May
      11. Whyte
      12. Wong
      13. N Butcher

Bench from

Hutchinson
      JWH
      Baker
      Turpin
      Allen
      S Smith
      Hau Tapuha
      Thomas
      Pauga

Whyte should be playing for Glebe at Wentworth Park.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Still a huge Egan Butch fan but holy farrk he was poor today.

Comment

I’ve never understood the hype for Whyte, I don’t see much to get excited about in his game..

Happy to be proven wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Lodge has to make that tackle and give away the penalty there, if Egan comes in on the hooker then it's just a simple pass to put Kafusi into the open.

Whyte is 100% at fault for the Nicholls try, that's never Butchers tackle to make or even try to cover for. If anything May should've been pushing harder from marker so Whyte was on Nicholls right shoulder and May was there to take his left.

On the Walker one Butcher is held up because the half goes right into the line not because of a dummy. Smith does a really good job with pressure from marker so inside ball is never on, it's Whyte again from memory who was passive in defence when he could have slid a little hard to give us the number advantage.

I do need to watch all again when i get home but if the Butcher boys were to blame for any of them it would be very minimal blame.

All my opinnion ofcourse, I appreciate the well thought out post in amongst all the hysteria of a Round 1 loss on this place brings
            lodge not making that tackle took me back to the 2003 grand final when cayless just stood there like an idiot and let Priddis stroll past him

Comment

lodge not making that tackle took me back to the 2003 grand final when cayless just stood there like an idiot and let Priddis stroll past him
              Cayliss was called out by the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                I’ve never understood the hype for Whyte, I don’t see much to get excited about in his game..

Happy to be proven wrong
                I believe it has to do with Cooper Cronk last season or the season before (2021). I recall he came on NRL 360 and gave him a big hype boost and made him out to be the "Next Big Thing". I think the jury is still out on him and we just have to wait and see after a few more rounds to get a proper read. It's one thing to play in reggies for the Bears and carve up and it's another to play first grade against "real" competition.

Comment

Both Butchers defence was ordinary, had a hand in letting 3 tries in.
                  Not sure about that- their defence was good for the minutes they played on a fairly warm day one has to say
                  • E Butcher 43 tackles and 2 missed tackles - 70 minutes
                  • N Butcher 44 tackles and 4 missed tackles - 80 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post

I believe it has to do with Cooper Cronk last season or the season before (2021). I recall he came on NRL 360 and gave him a big hype boost and made him out to be the "Next Big Thing". I think the jury is still out on him and we just have to wait and see after a few more rounds to get a proper read. It's one thing to play in reggies for the Bears and carve up and it's another to play first grade against "real" competition.
                    Whyte is only 20 though so only starting out

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Watching the highlights I noticed that Whyte's body language in most of our tries conceded was very tired/lazy looking. Robbo talked about dealing with interchanging the forwards because of the HIAs and said some of the pack had to play extended minutes.

That first one Lodge never got square. Egan had already marked Kaufusi. Lodge knew he stuffed up.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Watching the highlights I noticed that Whyte's body language in most of our tries conceded was very tired/lazy looking. Robbo talked about dealing with interchanging the forwards because of the HIAs and said some of the pack had to play extended minutes.

That first one Lodge never got square. Egan had already marked Kaufusi. Lodge knew he stuffed up.
                        The Roosters markers are pretty poor when it comes to defending against players running from dummy half - No coincidence that Bennett exploited this by having Marshall - King run from dummy half or any other player.

When at marker they are also defenders so one goes right and one left to defend against dummy half runs. - Otherwise you get that situation for the Dolphins first try

Markers are not there to have a rest

The two defenders on either side of the ruck are defending against the two attacking players on either side of the ruck.

If either have to come in to tackle the dummy half they leave those attacking players unmarked - the dummy half then draws those defenders and passes to these unmarked attacking players and they go through the defensive line and with the fullback or another attacking player going through in support - the player making the line break draws the full back and passes to the support player and try time.

Some more basics to work on along the growing list of other ones

Comment

Whyte is only 20 though so only starting out
                          Yes, I understand and I did say "I think the jury is still out on him and we just have to wait and see after a few more rounds to get a proper read."

I'm not throwing him under the bus yet as I was only answering a question about his hype and where it all originated from etc ... irrespective of his age. One bad game isn't going to prove or show anything, we've all seen and experienced far worse
                          !

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                            i posted last year that i wasn't too impressed by egan butcher and i stand by that we should piss him off to the knights if it means getting young released early
                            It's lucky for the Roosters that you have no role or input into the recruitment and retention of players one has to honestly say.

Comment

It's lucky for the Roosters that you have no role or input into the recruitment and retention of players one has to honestly say.

i really want that job at the chooks king could you put a word in for me/ I have been out of the loop for a while anh havnt got too many contacts there since ron jones left. but im up for it bro you just have to trust me

Comment

Egan has played 28 games - 25 of these from the bench though - so not sure why he has to have this so called game people have mentioned whatever that is.

Nat copped it last year so now it's Egan's turn it's seems.

I am certain that either people watch different games or they dislike players and sweat on any mistakes they may make in game and Gleefully come on here to dish them

Of course when these players do have good games which they mostly do these "supporters" are conspicuous by their absence from this site.

The last 1/3 of last season for instance.

Not to worry Egan I have your back like the Hutchinator's and co

I always remember when the Team Bus arrived back at Easts League after the 2003 GF loss that - Ricky Stuart come over to those of us waiting telling us that we are true supporters who will always be there through thick and thin.

Sadly that type of support hasn't rubbed off on a number of the fair weather supporters on here who seemingly get a kick out of any loss and love to vent their dislike and even hatred of certain players as one poster posted (i.e They Hate the Hutchinator) and now even Coach Robbo has the knives into him by the fair weather folk.

Who would post that they hate a Roosters players though?- Certainly not a true Supporter

Last edited by King Salvo; 03-07-2023, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X