The darkest day in our history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yep... a charitable loss by a couple of tries doesn't register much of a blip to me. It was always gonna be a tough day IMO. Darkest day though? It's round 1 and we lost by a small margin with a solid chunk of players out. It's not THAT bad!
    Dude...our forwards were smashed by the wooden spoon favourites....they made Marshall-king look like Cam Smith. It's not gotta get easier

Maybe not as dark as Angus's headspace...but still dark. As a club, don't know where we are going other than one step forward, two steps back.

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post
      I hope the dressing room was one of those occasions where TiT pulls out a few naughty words to the players. I get a few missing and a couple of HIA but we got toasted by them today.
      So he should . Something like I'm F8cking sorry I didn't prepper you properly for today's game . Im f&cking sorry I stuffed the bench rotation and played a bench player out of position in the centres .Im f&cking sorry I have failed to prepper the team for however many years its been since we have won the first game of the season. Im f&cking sorry I didnt teach you how to defend or attack. I suspect he said something like this and took proper responsibility for a change .

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
        It was a dark day, but not the darkest day Carlos. That moniker I reserve for the monstrous loss against the vermin scum (I can't recall which one exactly as there's been a few).
        Yep I left round 1 2009 very early in the second half.

The 60-8 was right up there too although that team had a lot more runs on the board

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
          Nothing darker than watching Paul Vautin n a Roosters Jersey.
          Yes this was bad. He was on the field when we were beaten 66-4 by Canberra.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

It's not the first time a new club has lowered our colours on debut. In 1967 Cronulla beat us 11-4 to register their first win, however we weren't 2nd premiership faves in 1967. We didn't win a game in 1966 so losing to Cronulla wasn't such a shock. Today however was disgraceful.

Comment

Many will be expecting this to get worse. More losses to come but won’t be unexpected. Most teams are better than us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

What's crucial about a Round 1 clash?

Take our last NRL game against Souths, it was more embarrassing than this, we couldn't hold our nerve and got too emotional in a do or die final and you're talking about "crucial" Round 1 games....
                2 points. The same as any other round.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

2 points. The same as any other round.
                  So not crucial then.

Comment

Could always be worse. Wests Tigers - new coach, new players, new centre of excellence - same bumbling.

It could be the early 90s. I remember Brendan Hall shanking them from in front. Nigel Gaffey was the closest thing we had to a superstar…

Comment

It wasn't a good performance but the Dolphins are no mug side though and were up for it today in their first game.

The Roosters need to regroup and prepare for a better performance vs the Warriors with what ever side they will field.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

So he should . Something like I'm F8cking sorry I didn't prepper you properly for today's game . Im f&cking sorry I stuffed the bench rotation and played a bench player out of position in the centres .Im f&cking sorry I have failed to prepper the team for however many years its been since we have won the first game of the season. Im f&cking sorry I didnt teach you how to defend or attack. I suspect he said something like this and took proper responsibility for a change .
                        Or he accepts no responsibility and pats them on the back and talks to them about how we have all grown as men. Fark this shite has gone for long enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Water boy View Post
                          So many bandwagoners here forgetting Robbo has led us to the promise land 3 times. Relax and trust his process. For instance watch him as he perfectly persists with Allen on the bench for the next few months until we are running 10th, then masterfully drop him, leaving us with bugger all time to go on a run to scrape into the 8. While other coaches are playing 'snakes and ladders', Robbo is playing underwater upside 3D chess. Never doubt his genius.
                          I'll have Cory Allan in the centres instead of Hutchison any day of the week.
                          I'm over the slug

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

I'm over the slug
                            The Hutchinator done good played strong - no tries down his right side as well - And he scored a try too.

It's about time the Hutchinator got the respect he deserves as a Roosters NRL player.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

I'm over the slug
                              Hutch while I will will agree is far from our best centre was yesterday a long way from our worst player . So please leave some hate for the other 16 and the coach

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The Hutchinator done good played strong - no tries down his right side as well - And he scored a try too.

It's about time the Hutchinator got the respect he deserves as a Roosters NRL player.
                                You're easily pleased pal.
                                Continue accepting mediocrity then.

Comment

Working...
                                X