No announcement yet.

The darkest day in our history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My High School years were 88-93....i dont think we made the semi's once !!!! There was only one good thing about that era, Craig Salvatori, the rest is a nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

This weekends response will define where we are heading this year.
      I said this last week and was wrong but I think this week we sneak a small win and will probably play our first "100%" (Or as close as possible this early) against Souths in round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        My High School years were 88-93....i dont think we made the semi's once !!!! There was only one good thing about that era, Craig Salvatori, the rest is a nightmare
        Ditto. Maybe also the 16-14 win over Norths in 1991.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
          We were owned by a side in their first match who won’t see a GF for quite a while. That’s embarrassing.
          Yes it is embarrassing Renty. But losing a grand final is worse .
          "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Yes it is embarrassing Renty. But losing a grand final is worse .
            You’ve got to get to a GF to lose it. Results like ours against the Fins dont help in getting there. That should have been a bagged 2 points.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

You’ve got to get to a GF to lose it. Results like ours against the Fins dont help in getting there. That should have been a bagged 2 points.
              I know Renty...hope it doesn't come back to bite us later down the track....
              "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

You don’t win a competition in March or April but you can lose one in that period Sunday was a spectacular start for the latter
                When you trust your television
                what you get is what you got
                Cause when they own the information
                they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

..lol throw in the pommy winger Murphy we signed he has done his acle in england so he is done till mid next year even when they sign contracts and dont play for us they get busted...Uncle Nick you sold your soul to the devil for those two comps
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Watching the Roosters display on Sunday against the Dolphins showed us up as a team lacking a dominant leader...one who can rev the players up when the chips are down. Tedesco obviously is such an impressive footballer and leads by example but lacks what JVL has in regards to firing up a team with his unrelenting passion and go get them attitude. But he'll be gone next year.
                    Sam Walker is the obvious man who must step up as general to organise the attack and Victor is the man in JVL's absence who should be in charge to fire up the troops. But without JWH and Victor who will be able to fill their void?

Comment

What about Rod Silva? He was part of that period wasn't he?
                      1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                      1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

If that rates as our darkest day in history to you, you can't have been a supporter for long
                        Since 1975, old mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

What about Rod Silva? He was part of that period wasn't he?
                          The Lethbridge Park Rocket !! Yeah, around then and was a good player as were a few others....but Salvo was god to me as a teenager, he did everything for the Chooks

Comment

The Lethbridge Park Rocket !! Yeah, around then and was a good player as were a few others....but Salvo was god to me as a teenager, he did everything for the Chooks
                            I struggle to remember most of them from that era. Maybe Bernie Gurr?

Comment

Nigel Gaffey
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                                Nigel Gaffey
                                Oh yeah...him.

Comment

Working...
                                X