Radley & Lodge Failed HIAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radley & Lodge Failed HIAs

Do Radley and Lodge miss next week having failed their HIAs today and only a 6 day turnaround until the next game?

I thought the HIA rule was changed in the off season.

Not sure the rule has been changed yet, still an 11 day stand down period unless cleared to return to play by an independent doctor after completing the 6 stage process.

Comment

The graduated return to play 6 step process/protocols takes a minimum of 7 days to complete. - step one is 24 to 48 hours complete rest - then 24 hours for each of the 2 to 6 steps.

Players could, with the clearance of an independent doctor at multiple stages of the recovery, return within a six-day window, should a number of return to play protocols be met in the shortest time possible. i.e 24 hours rest in step one instead of 48 hours.

Some Players have played after 6 days i.e Adam Reynolds was one but that is rare so one figures they more than likely won't be available with a 6 day turnaround to the Warriors game - Radley has had a couple of previous concussions as well.

I did hear the NRL were considering having a 11 or 12 day stand down policy for concussions in line with other sports domestic (AFL and Rugby ) and overseas (NFL/MLB) but haven't heard anything more.

Comment

I'm gonna assume they're both out for next week.

Sigh... rough way for fans to start the season after the big wait! haha

Comment

We need to have a serious convo about Rads and HIAs.

His future in the game is very tenuous.

He is a walking HIA every game and I fear for his health. He has bled to help us win two comps and just re-signed for 4 years.

But I'll walk naked across the Nullabor if he manages to make it though those 4 years when he's getting knocked out so often.

Comment

Lodge will miss 4 to 6 or so weeks - being operated on for a facial fracture

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

He is a walking HIA every game and I fear for his health. He has bled to help us win two comps and just re-signed for 4 years.

But I'll walk naked across the Nullabor if he manages to make it though those 4 years when he's getting knocked out so often.
              The tackle he got Knocked out on Kenny Bromwich was poor technique and you could see on the replay he had his head and eyes down which left him vulnerable to any late footwork. I love Rads and his intensity but he has to be smarter as it's becoming a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Naked Englishmen in the outback don't fare well

Comment

Working...
                X