Damn - how about the Easter Bunny?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_rooster_in_hong kong View Post
      damn - how about the easter bunny?
      vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
        vermin!
        I think Kenny Powers would be an awesome signing.

Comment

I hear Pep Guardiola is off contract at the end of this year.. Maybe we can get him to coach us next year and bring Lio Messi to play in the halves with him !

Comment

After giving it some thought, I think there is an illusion as to the amount of money we actually have available to spend on big name signings. I know there is a new tv rights deal and so on but thinking about it, I don't that currently we are that far below the salary cap for 2013. If you look at most teams, at max they have 2 or 3 players who are being payed around 400k or above.

If you look at the players we have signed long term Pearce, JWH, Maloney, and SKD, they would all be earning over 350K each. Then we have at least around 7 players earning between 250-300K in: Aubo, MK, Friend, FPN, Bosden(who tinkler was chasing Hard last year), Taka, Symonds. Add to that Moga who would never sign a 4 yr deal before debuting unless he was guarenteed decent $$. Then next year we're going to have to sign Cordner, and Tasi, who will probably command similar $ as JWH , depending on their form.

All of a sudden it doesn't look like we have $800K to spend on marque signings unless the salary cap rises significantly, which has not yet be guaranteed. Players we should sign next year must be players which will not cut us back too much but guarentee to give it their all.

Nathan Massey has been stuck behind Dugan for a while now but has great speed and agility. He would complement Pearce and Maloney through the middle third of the field so I would sign him if he came cheap.

Another which comes to mind is Justin Poore. This guys career is at a crossroads because of the parra club mainly. Before going there he was in remarkable form and played in origin matches. He has the right attitude but signed with the wrong club. I would buy him if he came cheap also because you know he would give it his all and we need an experience forward on the bench. Smithy would use him well.

I think if Peni tagive is given time his football will improve and he may become an attacking option.Justin O'neil is also a good buy.He may come at an expensive price though. I don't want to buy everingham, because I don't want the vermin to complain about us taking him every time we beat them.

Comment

Ricky Stuart!
              Proud member of the Ricky Stuart Appreciation club - Laurie Frier walks on water tra lal lala lar la la lar.

A Rooster is a cocky strutting bird that will not take a backward step!

Comment

I understand but Bwaiff is leaving and so did Myles, Carney, Graham, Ryles, Conn etc. and we signed practically no name except for Morts. Thry all came cheap and we still have about 280k left in the cap which will rise because of the tv deal and bwaiff wholl leave and hopefully takes bj, arona, tupou, j carney with him. then we can sign sbw and a good winger

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
                  I understand but Bwaiff is leaving and so did Myles, Carney, Graham, Ryles, Conn etc. and we signed practically no name except for Morts. Thry all came cheap and we still have about 280k left in the cap which will rise because of the tv deal and bwaiff wholl leave and hopefully takes bj, arona, tupou, j carney with him. then we can sign sbw and a good winger
                  why would you do this. toupo at the jets is going along fine. what are we short of wingers. so get rid of one who is of first grade and one coming thru. dont figure.
                  i do agree in 2010 when we lost a few guys we freed up some cash and as you say it wasnt all spent on maloney(jimmy).
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I heard Leilua resigned. If he improves on errors and defense then i'll be happy but if he fails and hes our left winger next year say goodbye to top 4

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                      why would you do this. toupo at the jets is going along fine. what are we short of wingers. so get rid of one who is of first grade and one coming thru. dont figure.
                      i do agree in 2010 when we lost a few guys we freed up some cash and as you say it wasnt all spent on maloney(jimmy).
                      Do you really think B J is a winger? How amusing.

Comment

I agree I understand we have a good junior team but people are being too optimistic to develop our juniors into players. I agree we have a top 5 NYC team but how can we build our club on juniors with Smith as coach, injury prone, error prone players who are mostly forwards can one decent einger come thru the ranks if Justin carney is the best winger we've got we need to buy

Comment

Working...
                        X