Jared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Solid pack. But you wouldn't want Turpin on the bench to give Smith a spell? Watson is a must but Turpin's service from DH is probably better.

its a really really tough one but for me, considering Butch, Rads and Gus play big minutes I'd probably go with

8 Collins/JWH
    9 cheese
    10 lodge
    11 Nat Butcher
    12 Gus
    13 Rads

14 Watson
    15 JWH/Collins
    16 Brown
    17 Turpin
    That's the kicker , hopefully the cheese can get to 80 min . Watson could do a stint at hooker if needed.
    I really rate Turpin he's been really good so far

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

That's the kicker , hopefully the cheese can get to 80 min . Watson could do a stint at hooker if needed.
      I really rate Turpin he's been really good so far
      I'd rather Watto stick to the running forward role. For me with everyone on deck Sitili is probably 18th man with Turps on the bench. Hopefully we have everyone injury free so this discussion can actually become a reality

Comment

`JWH is the toughest, roughest, dirtiest, grubbiest of them all & that why he's the greatest Chooks prop Ive seen. My memory of Artie is vivid but I dont remember Artie being as fit, aggressive or as involved as what JWH does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          `JWH is the toughest, roughest, dirtiest, grubbiest of them all & that why he's the greatest Chooks prop Ive seen. My memory of Artie is vivid but I dont remember Artie being as fit, aggressive or as involved as what JWH does.
          I hate comparing players from different eras.
          Jazz is a great prop, Artie is a legend, immortal, and the best there has ever been.
          Artie played 80 minutes, JAZ plays 40, in a totally different game.
          Artie made more offloads per game than Jazz makes in a season.
          Artie wasn't trained by professionals every day with all the benefits players have now with physio etc.
          Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 03-19-2023, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

I hate comparing players from different eras.
            Jazz is a great prop, Artie is a legend, immortal, and the best there has ever been.
            Artie played 80 minutes, JAZ plays 40, in a toally different game.
            Artie made more offloads per game than Jazz makes in a season.
            Artie wasn't trained by professionals every day with all the benefits players have now with physio etc.
            You make so many valid points. The players had day jobs, quite often manual labour and had no high performance centres or centres of excellence back then. I used to see Ray Price in his truck and a few other members on here used to mention players who were also garbos during the week. A lot of Easts players worked at the leagues club also.
            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

JWH is by far the most important player at our club in the last 10 years.

he’s been the best prop in the game for a decade and he’s made every front row partner he’s played with rich. Napa, Collins, Moa all owe their rep careers to him. Hell he’s even made the rep careers of players at other clubs like Klemmer, who had some famous battles with JWH prior to making his origin debut. had his knee not gone in 2015, we’d have pissed that premiership in for sure.

Honestly if I had to choose between teddy and Jared, Jared wins.

as important a long term signing for our club as Freddy was

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                Hands down the 2nd most influential Rooster I've ever seen. Just behind Freddy.

His influence on this team for over a decade now has been extraordinary.
                Our winning percentage with/without him drops nearly 30 percent or something crazy. From mid-60s to high-30s I think

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  Artie was before my time but you have to take into account the professionalism of today’s game. It’s unfair to compare the fitness of today’s players with those who played 50 years earlier

Comment

“I’m going through these guys”. That’s the 5 words Jazz said on Friday night, & then he just went out and did it. Absolute Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by weplayforprems View Post

Artie was before my time but you have to take into account the professionalism of today’s game. It’s unfair to compare the fitness of today’s players with those who played 50 years earlier
                      Bless Artie...I remember Jake & Jared saying they were all on paleo diets at one stage and going to yoga..Artie discovered Jake too..

That's a far cry from pies and entire roast chickens for lunch and working at the club moving kegs around and servicing the poker machines.

Both Artie & Jared are premiership winning champions in their own right as per the times they have played, trained and lived in. You can only work with what your environment is at the time.
                      "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by weplayforprems View Post

Artie - JWH - Morley

All played the game different but were as equally important to us winning premierships in their own way

True leaders of the club, I'm interested to see who picks up the mantle next

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post
                          Surely the paint brush comes out and he joins Beetson et al on that legends mural in Waverley? Or is that reserved only for those that captain the club?
                          Perhaps a bronze statue outside Allianz stadium instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Perhaps a bronze statue outside Allianz stadium instead?

I'd chip in for something like that

Comment

Artie will always be a legend of the game, deservedly so.

JWH is one of the immortals for Easts though, sadly wont get the same accolades from the wider media.

His longevity and consistent performance for our club is probably unrivalled though.

Deserves something real special.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                                Artie will always be a legend of the game, deservedly so.

JWH is one of the immortals for Easts though, sadly wont get the same accolades from the wider media.

His longevity and consistent performance for our club is probably unrivalled though.

Deserves something real special.
                                You were the one who told me about the special clauses in Artie's contract...it still makes me smile

As for Jared, yes very hard to continue as a forward for so many years...

Comment

Working...
                                X