No announcement yet.

Dominic Young to be dropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon Toops will more likely wind up joining his fellow ex roosters over in the south of France rather than at some crap NRL team.

either way, it will be a damned shame

Comment

Ive heard Dom Young wants to play centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        Ive heard Dom Young wants to play centre.
        robbo apperently offered him the chance to eventually switch to centres which is a reason why he chose us

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          No idea but my guess is that they would both be on around $300k this year. What’s your guess?
          Yeh I think Momorosvki would be in the 250-350k bracket.

Whilst Young signed on for minimum I'm sure he would have actived clauses such as making the Emgland international team and number of minutes played in the first grade team that means his contract would be around the 250k mark also.

The potential issue is Momorovski still has 18months left to run on his contract, would've been an easier sell to the Knights if it was just the 6 months.

Comment

If Knoughts need a middle forward, maybe we could give them Fletcher Baker on loan? He is a Newcastle junior.

I actually have really liked what i've seen from him so far this season hence why I said on loan... I just don't see him getting in the side when we have Lodge to come back in and Brown now signing. I preface this comment by saying i'd rather have Fletch on the pine over Brown but I don't imagine Robbo has brought him in to play NSW Cup given he was already doing that at Parra.

Could be good for Baker or maybe Terrell's development for a loan deal... that being said. Where would we actually play Dom Young given Paulo is playing well at the moment? I rate Young higher than Paulo but JP has probably trained the entire off season out there and we'd need to rejig a winning formula for the sake of fitting in a winger that has just been dropped by one of the worst teams in the comp.

Interesting times ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

robbo apperently offered him the chance to eventually switch to centres which is a reason why he chose us
              I did hear this. To me, this all but confirms the clubs long-term intentions of playing Joey Manu at 6 after Kez leaves.

Comment

Paulo's turned up to be top drawer acquisition (along side with Turpin), for modest dollars.

As with the flank position, where are we out with the Suualli clone ?

Comment

Young is a centre.
                  Always played centre.
                  He can replace Suaalii at left centre when he goes to Union at end of 2024, "to follow SBW's path".
                  Yes, Young has talent, is young in age like Paulo, and to me is a good buy.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                    Young is a centre.
                    Always played centre.
                    He can replace Suaalii at left centre when he goes to Union at end of 2024, "to follow SBW's path".
                    Yes, Young has talent, is young in age like Paulo, and to me is a good buy.
                    Nothing's a done deal yet BB. As Braith once said to Chris Sandow, who had been celebrating a try that turned out not to be a try "Don't count your Roosters before they've hatched"...
                    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

You are under greater scrutiny as a player when you have signed for someone else the next season.

The Coach could say well you are not with us after this year and we have Joe Blow in NSW Cup and we want to blood him this year in NRL

Comment

The King is back.
                        Good to see you back King now start winding them all up again.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                          You are under greater scrutiny as a player when you have signed for someone else the next season.

The Coach could say well you are not with us after this year and we have Joe Blow in NSW Cup and we want to blood him this year in NRL
                          Welcome back mate...this joint needs ya.

Keep hittin the shit if it's there...and dont go changin.

P.S. the above ref is not about the Street Kid, he's a good cat.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonkers View Post
                            Paulo's turned up to be top drawer acquisition (along side with Turpin), for modest dollars.

As with the flank position, where are we out with the Suualli clone ?
                            Paulo has left me stunned. A transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              The King is back.
                              Good to see you back King now start winding them all up again.
                              Thanks - It's a long and winding road

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Welcome back mate...this joint needs ya.

Keep hittin the shit if it's there...and dont go changin.

P.S. the above ref is not about the Street Kid, he's a good cat.
                                Thanks I will do my best to keep certain subjects in line

Comment

Working...
                                X