Toops - ROOSTERS MOVE TO LOCK DOWN STAR WINGER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tupou staying on at Roosters - SMH

On the back of losing Joseph Suaalii, the Roosters have secured winger Daniel Tupou on a one-year extension until the end of 2024. They’ll have tallest winger combination in the competition next year with Tupou on Dom Young on the edges.

Comment

Lost a heap of pace but is still a great weapon in the air and close to the line.Good on kick returns too hes got another year in him for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Horry View Post
        Tupou staying on at Roosters - SMH

On the back of losing Joseph Suaalii, the Roosters have secured winger Daniel Tupou on a one-year extension until the end of 2024. They’ll have tallest winger combination in the competition next year with Tupou on Dom Young on the edges.
        Plus the tallest centre combo with manu and sualli

Comment

Jeez, with him re-signing, Young could be the highest paid reserve grader, considering on current form you're not dropping Jaxson Paulo.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
            Jeez, with him re-signing, Young could be the highest paid reserve grader, considering on current form you're not dropping Jaxson Paulo.
            Mate, I'm not saying anything bad or negative towards Kez (I love the lad) but he's one serious head knock away from hanging up the boots (fingers crossed it doesn't happen and he gets to walk out on his own terms) but if that were to happen ... Manu slots into 5/8 and we end up with a backline that looks like

1. Teddy
            2. Toops
            3. Suaalii
            4. Young
            5. Paulo

I believe that this may be a consideration (very obvious). besides, when have we ever had a full-strength squad across the park in recent times lol ? We will always have some sort of injury and/or suspension. So to your point, I can't see Paulo getting dropped !

Comment

Toops is no Peter Jorgensen but he'll do.

Comment

Gives Toops the chance to move into the Top 10 all-time NRL try scorers list. He belongs there.

Comment

Working...
                X