I must've watched a different game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must've watched a different game

I thought that was one of our most courageous displays.

Melbourne had 50 plays in our 22 while we only had 14. They had over 60% of possession and territory apparently. It felt more like 70:30. I've seen them put 50-60 on teams with such numbers, even with a neutral ref.

The 2 players I feared tonight were kept relatively quiet - Olam and Hughes (this bloke always scores the match winning try against us. A Roosters junior as well!). Hutch helped keep Olam quiet for most of the game. He made a couple of bad reads, but I reckon his positives in defence outweighed the negatives.

Manu looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

I haven't seen the replay yet, but I'm pretty 4 of the 5 Melbourne tries were preceded by a 6A, penalty, sin bin or an incorrect knock on call. Also, 3 of their 5 tries came from kicks from memory because they couldn't get through our D. Tupou's and Butcher's 'lost'ball was actually a Melbourne hand/strip and should have been a penalty. Looking at you Grant and Munster. If it was the other way, 1000% we would have been penalised.

6A rule is an utter and absolute disgrace.

Klein is an even greater disgrace.

Proud of my team tonight. Easts to win.

Yep, you watched a different game

Comment

They were very courageous whilst continually dropping the ball
      When you trust your television
      what you get is what you got
      Cause when they own the information
      they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

You must have watched last year's game v Storm by mistake.

We were horrible. Nothing good to say except no injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

Melbourne had 50 plays in our 22 while we only had 14. They had over 60% of possession and territory apparently. It felt more like 70:30. I've seen them put 50-60 on teams with such numbers, even with a neutral ref.

The 2 players I feared tonight were kept relatively quiet - Olam and Hughes (this bloke always scores the match winning try against us. A Roosters junior as well!). Hutch helped keep Olam quiet for most of the game. He made a couple of bad reads, but I reckon his positives in defence outweighed the negatives.

I haven't seen the replay yet, but I'm pretty 4 of the 5 Melbourne tries were preceded by a 6A, penalty, sin bin or an incorrect knock on call. Also, 3 of their 5 tries came from kicks from memory because they couldn't get through our D. Tupou's and Butcher's 'lost'ball was actually a Melbourne hand/strip and should have been a penalty. Looking at you Grant and Munster. If it was the other way, 1000% we would have been penalised.

We did stop the flow of points. Would have been good to do it 20 earlier but alas.
          Formerly Stringaz, from the old Wall!

Comment

I agree. Yeah we dropped a lot of ball but we do that at times. When a team like Storm complete at 90% we were never going to win.
            But I thought our defence was real solid. Manu back at centre and Lodge, Crichton and Brown to come in our defence looks rock solid going forward.
            They handled the conditions perfectly. Onto next week.

Comment

I agree to an extent. We were certainly gutsy in defence through periods of the game but I think you are giving us too much credit. Klein is shit though.
              EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

I thought it was a poor game by us .. however not slit your wrists stuff people on here are crying about

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
                  You must have watched last year's game v Storm by mistake.

We were horrible. Nothing good to say except no injuries.
                  You are dead wrong ….

​​​​​​…. Baker came off injured.

Comment

3/5 tries were from kicks (Just checked the replay). Thought Coate's 2nd try was a bit iffy with the put down. They couldn't get through despite the mountain of possession and 6A and Klein.

Comment

You are not going to win any game with 41% of the possession and set completions of 61% against any quality side. The Storm are a quality side make no mistake about that

Very Flat Performance and no excuses for that type of performance after the improvement in the previous 2 weeks - seem to carry those last 10 minutes vs Parramatta into this game vs Storm

Certainly it was strange to see the defence tactics from the Roosters as when the Storm went right virtually the right side half of the field was covered by only Walker then a sizeable Gap to the Hutchinator and Paulo who was either hanging back when he needed to move up or moving up when he needed to hang back

The Storm had 5 attackers on three defenders quite a few times on the right side ( Hughes/Munster/Olam/Meeney/Oates) - lazy markers and players still getting back on side - need to get your D line better organised than that - spread out and move up as a straight lime

They have 8 days to their next match the early Friday Night game vs Sharks at Shark Park - have to wait and see if any players are charged / Radley/Collins possibly

Possible Round 7 - 22 Player Squad
                      1. Tedesco
                      2. Tupou
                      3. Momirovski
                      4. Manu
                      5. Suaalii
                      6. Keary
                      7. Walker
                      8. JWH
                      9. B Smith
                      10. Collins
                      11. E Butcher
                      12. N Butcher
                      13. Radley
                      14. Turpin
                      15. Lodge
                      16. Baker
                      17. Hutchinator
                      18. Paulo
                      19. Whyte
                      20. Sitili
                      21. May
                      22. S Smith

Comment

Mate we just got ****ed by a rebuilding side missing two of its very best players

And you’re proud?

Comment

I tend to agree with OP. I had to pick my daughter up at half time and never turned it back on.
                          Thee Roosters kept me updated with the score via text and I was happy we stopped the flow of points.
                          Victor is the dumbest footy player on Earth, so pissed with him as that was the turning point.
                          We were gassed as they had so much possession and we just could not get back in the game, it happens some times.
                          We get some players back and I genuinely believe we beat them next time.
                          Yes Hutch should not be in the team but Robbo thinks he is our best option ATM.
                          Joey is still learning his position, give him time, remember his first game at FB in the WC, he turned that around with some game time.
                          Winning a competition takes luck with injuries, if we can get some players back I have great expectations.

In Short

Don't slit your wrist's just yet.

Comment

I agree with you in the sense that I thought it was a courageous performance defensively.

The bulk of the tries were scored through Hutchinson.
                            ​​​​​​
                            However ..... That's a piss weak statement from me and at the end of the day we lost convincingly and we're only as strong as our weakest link.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                              They were very courageous whilst continually dropping the ball
                              Perfect summary.
                              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X