No announcement yet.

I must've watched a different game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some things we can't control - the weather, the Axis of Evil (Klein, Sutton, Cummins) and how well/badly our opposition play.

We need to work on what we can control:
    - discipline. It was pretty soft from Radley, and Munster hams it up as much as possible (notice his raised arms after EVERY tackle), but the fact is he's gotta know better. Fairly/unfairly, Radley is scrutinised ten times more than the average. So unfortunately, you have to adapt young man.
    - captain's challenge. This is one rule I like. We should have challenged the Toupou and Butcher ones. It looked pretty clear to me Grant and Munster popped it out. Teddy is one of the best at these and I'm sure we have one of the best success rates? I couldn't believe Klein would give the feed against Paulo.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
      They were very courageous whilst continually dropping the ball
      I'm pretty sure most of them came in the second half when we were down by 14 and 20. Can't blame them for that. I was thinking our ball control was pretty good at half time considering the weather etc

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
        I thought that was one of our most courageous displays.

Melbourne had 50 plays in our 22 while we only had 14. They had over 60% of possession and territory apparently. It felt more like 70:30. I've seen them put 50-60 on teams with such numbers, even with a neutral ref.

The 2 players I feared tonight were kept relatively quiet - Olam and Hughes (this bloke always scores the match winning try against us. A Roosters junior as well!). Hutch helped keep Olam quiet for most of the game. He made a couple of bad reads, but I reckon his positives in defence outweighed the negatives.

Manu looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

I haven't seen the replay yet, but I'm pretty 4 of the 5 Melbourne tries were preceded by a 6A, penalty, sin bin or an incorrect knock on call. Also, 3 of their 5 tries came from kicks from memory because they couldn't get through our D. Tupou's and Butcher's 'lost'ball was actually a Melbourne hand/strip and should have been a penalty. Looking at you Grant and Munster. If it was the other way, 1000% we would have been penalised.

6A rule is an utter and absolute disgrace.

Klein is an even greater disgrace.

Proud of my team tonight. Easts to win.
        You must have been having a ménage a trios with two supermodels while watching that game if you genuinely thought it was a performance to be proud of.

Comment

Courage will only get us so far, we dropped the ball on the first set and continued to drop the ball the rest of the night - our mental approach away from home this season is a massive red flag, not the sign of a premiership contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

You must have been having a ménage a trios with two supermodels while watching that game if you genuinely thought it was a performance to be proud of.
            How did you know?

Comment

Melbourne had 50 plays in our 22 while we only had 14. They had over 60% of possession and territory apparently. It felt more like 70:30. I've seen them put 50-60 on teams with such numbers, even with a neutral ref.

The 2 players I feared tonight were kept relatively quiet - Olam and Hughes (this bloke always scores the match winning try against us. A Roosters junior as well!). Hutch helped keep Olam quiet for most of the game. He made a couple of bad reads, but I reckon his positives in defence outweighed the negatives.

I haven't seen the replay yet, but I'm pretty 4 of the 5 Melbourne tries were preceded by a 6A, penalty, sin bin or an incorrect knock on call. Also, 3 of their 5 tries came from kicks from memory because they couldn't get through our D. Tupou's and Butcher's 'lost'ball was actually a Melbourne hand/strip and should have been a penalty. Looking at you Grant and Munster. If it was the other way, 1000% we would have been penalised.

I admire this post, and I get where you are coming from. I think in the past we could easily have lost this by 40 instead of 20.
              The Storm were very good, they had a few favourable calls as well, but that's footy.
              Their ball control and kicking game was excellent, and their chase.
              Grant was huge for them.
              We got outplayed, but certainly showed plenty of courage.
              The things that worried me were the total lack of connection between Walker, Hutch and Paulo in defence and attack.
              Walker didn't adjust to wet weather footy, he has plenty to learn.
              I think Suaalii needs to be on the wing.
              You learn more from a loss than you do from a win, hopefully that is the case here.

Comment

can't be happy with last night's game but we're a good side and i agree that it's not all doom and gloom. just wasn't our night last night

Comment

Thanks Bruce. Good post. I agree, although I couldn't watch the second half as I was so angry and disgusted by Klein's bias and obvious hatred of us (when did we last win under him?) that I felt like catching a plane to Melbourne, tracking him down and stabbing him in his beady eyes hundreds of times.

Game obviously lost after the Munster dive and relentless 6As to get them out to a big lead against 12 men.

Lots of blaming and outright abuse of our players on here, but as you point out not many teams would lose by only 20 against Melbourne against 70/30 possession and an openly corrupt game manager.

Comment

The majority of our fans are soft cry babies who fold when times get even remotely tough and the resilience of the current team is wasted on these unappreciative babies

Comment

We were terrible. U simply cannot win a game (particularly in the wet) whilst making that many errors. FULL STOP, The End.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
                        The majority of our fans are soft cry babies who fold when times get even remotely tough and the resilience of the current team is wasted on these unappreciative babies
                        Fans are entitled to vent their disapproval at performances like we saw last night.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                          Fans are entitled to vent their disapproval at performances like we saw last night.
                          And you're entitled to be called soft, you give it you take it

Comment

I respect the positivity. I would normally be a recluse by now after a loss like that, but I too am strangely calm

i thought walkers defence was great, considering the match ball weighs more than he does.

hutch didn’t surprise me. He is terrible slow, add the rain and that’s what you get …

Radley is still an idiot.

Keary needs to kick and run the team more in the rain. Walker isn’t strong enough to end our sets on those conditions

we dropped the ball and gave away shit penalties.. we got what we deserved.

The feeling that we could still find our way back into the game has been lost for a few seasons, but I truly felt it

maybe it’s the knowledge of Tedesco, Lodge, Crichton and co coming in hot let’s me enjoy Masters weekend still

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                              And we are able to vent our disproval of people venting at people standing up to people for venting their disapproval.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

And you're entitled to be called soft, you give it you take it
                                Well said, summed it up perfectly. Careful Sam he’s entitled mate special treatment and privileges cmon we cannot critique them in return lmao.

Comment

Working...
                                X