X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

And you're entitled to be called soft, you give it you take it
    Am I allowed to call you a dropkick?

I was at Henson Park for every home game in 1990. I know what it's like to support the Roosters during the dark days.

Were you around for those memorable performances?
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
      I thought that was one of our most courageous displays.

Melbourne had 50 plays in our 22 while we only had 14. They had over 60% of possession and territory apparently. It felt more like 70:30. I've seen them put 50-60 on teams with such numbers, even with a neutral ref.

The 2 players I feared tonight were kept relatively quiet - Olam and Hughes (this bloke always scores the match winning try against us. A Roosters junior as well!). Hutch helped keep Olam quiet for most of the game. He made a couple of bad reads, but I reckon his positives in defence outweighed the negatives.

Manu looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

I haven't seen the replay yet, but I'm pretty 4 of the 5 Melbourne tries were preceded by a 6A, penalty, sin bin or an incorrect knock on call. Also, 3 of their 5 tries came from kicks from memory because they couldn't get through our D. Tupou's and Butcher's 'lost'ball was actually a Melbourne hand/strip and should have been a penalty. Looking at you Grant and Munster. If it was the other way, 1000% we would have been penalised.

6A rule is an utter and absolute disgrace.

Klein is an even greater disgrace.

Proud of my team tonight. Easts to win.
      Their 2nd try came after a shyte 'forward pass' call and a loooot of repeat sets being called late in the tackle count. We definitely tried and were broken (partly by Klein being a d*ck... including calling an overturned 'knock-on' against us in a situation where Melbourne clearly knocked on).

That said, we had a lot of time to build some stability and go at them. We failed to get our game in order and do this, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
        The majority of our fans are soft cry babies who fold when times get even remotely tough and the resilience of the current team is wasted on these unappreciative babies
        How do you know that?

Comment

My concern is a pointless 2nd half
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I thought that was one of our most courageous displays.

Melbourne had 50 plays in our 22 while we only had 14. They had over 60% of possession and territory apparently. It felt more like 70:30. I've seen them put 50-60 on teams with such numbers, even with a neutral ref.

The 2 players I feared tonight were kept relatively quiet - Olam and Hughes (this bloke always scores the match winning try against us. A Roosters junior as well!). Hutch helped keep Olam quiet for most of the game. He made a couple of bad reads, but I reckon his positives in defence outweighed the negatives.

Manu looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

I haven't seen the replay yet, but I'm pretty 4 of the 5 Melbourne tries were preceded by a 6A, penalty, sin bin or an incorrect knock on call. Also, 3 of their 5 tries came from kicks from memory because they couldn't get through our D. Tupou's and Butcher's 'lost'ball was actually a Melbourne hand/strip and should have been a penalty. Looking at you Grant and Munster. If it was the other way, 1000% we would have been penalised.

6A rule is an utter and absolute disgrace.

Klein is an even greater disgrace.

Proud of my team tonight. Easts to win.
            Yep Brucey..different game. I saw us giving them the ball on the 3rd tackle for 80 minutes. I saw us missing tackles that made Munster look like he was Steve Renouf.

Comment

to be fair melbourne played very well and i'd rate an on song munster higher than renouf

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                to be fair melbourne played very well and i'd rate an on song munster higher than renouf
                Munster is a freak, just like Renouf.

To think, a decade ago, Hutchison was the starting 5/8 for the junior Kangaroos and Munster was on the pine.

Comment

To think, a decade ago, Hutchison was the starting 5/8 for the junior Kangaroos and Munster was on the pine.
                  But Steve Renouf was a gentleman who played fair and square, not an ounce of grub.

Munster on the other hand, despite his talent, is a despicable diving cheat with no integrity or sportsmanship. He elbows players in the face while they are pinned down by a tackle and he kicks people in the head while they're on the ground.

ACL please.

Comment

Maybe Munster hasn't got over that as it was strange that he mentioned him post match in the Storm targeting him

Any Coach would target the Roosters right side because of Walker and Paulo's defensive issues and not solely because the Hutchinator is not as quick as the average centre is

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-08-2023, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I dunno if it's gutless of me.............................but I won't be watching the game.
                      I usually watch night games the next arvo, but I don't wanna put myself through this.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                        I dunno if it's gutless of me.............................but I won't be watching the game.
                        I usually watch night games the next arvo, but I don't wanna put myself through this.
                        You're a weak-gutted dog, Eddie!

Just kidding mate - I've kinda wanted to use that sledge and you're my first recipient.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Maybe Munster hasn't got over that as it was strange that he mentioned him post match in the Storm targeting him

Any Coach would target the Roosters right side because of Walker and Paulo's defensive issues and not solely because the Hutchinator is not a quick as the average centre is

I wonder how many "junior you tube sensations"actually make it. Latrell was one. Suaallii...jury's out. Seems quite a few out there...

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

But Steve Renouf was a gentleman who played fair and square, not an ounce of grub.

Munster on the other hand, despite his talent, is a despicable diving cheat with no integrity or sportsmanship. He elbows players in the face while they are pinned down by a tackle and he kicks people in the head while they're on the ground.

ACL please.
                            No arguments from me mate. He's a weak gutted dog too!

Comment

Mate you made the right decision - I only watched the first half live and the BS Radley sinbin followed by a phantom forward pass call then endless phantom 6As on our line to get the "good guys" out to a big lead - was enough to get my blood pressure way too high. No need for you to put yourself through that.

Comment

You should have a gander, there were moments that we looked quite good, besides as you know the result you can look at it clinically.

For a team that constantly loses key players each season, Storm are so focused and consistent. Only wish they were focused and consistent with other sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X