Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 6 Recovery Update - some good news!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rnd 6 Recovery Update - some good news!!

The Sydney Roosters squad has been assessed by Club medical staff following their Round 6 clash with the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park.

Fletcher Baker suffered a concussion during the match and will now undergo the NRL’s mandatory 11-day stand-down period, making him unavailable for the Roosters upcoming game against the Cronulla Sharks.

There were no other injury concerns for the players that featured in the match.

Captain James Tedesco has resumed full team training after progressing through the Roosters recovery protocols.

Sitili Tupouniua successfully returned to play for the North Sydney Bears on Saturday, playing a full 40 minutes after completing his rehabilitation for an ACL injury.

Matt Lodge and Billy Smith have also fully recovered from their respective facial and knee injuries, while Connor Watson has recently progressed into the next phase of rehabilitation after a successful meeting with his surgeon.

Sitili played 40 minutes for the Bears, with pretty good stats for his first game back from a long layoff:
    • 9 runs
    • 98 metres
    • 44 PCM
    • 2 tackle breaks
    • 1 line break
    I expect Lodge to be named in the team this afternoon. Sitili might get another run with the Bears, as might Angus this week. Can't wait until they are both fit & firing in 1sts.

Billy might also get a run in Reggies this week. I know he cops a lot of flak on here, but not for his ability. On the few occasions he has stung some games together it was obvious that he was growing into the role at left centre. The problem is, even he stays fit and healthy, where does he fit now?

Here come the Roosters!!

With a bit of luck with injuries, we can give this comp a real good shake!!

Comment

BTW, I doubt I'll be able to post the Squad thread this afternoon. Anyone else who wishes to jump in and do it, please feel free.

Otherwise, it may be about 5ish before I can do so.

Cheers all.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
        The Sydney Roosters squad has been assessed by Club medical staff following their Round 6 clash with the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park.

Fletcher Baker suffered a concussion during the match and will now undergo the NRL’s mandatory 11-day stand-down period, making him unavailable for the Roosters upcoming game against the Cronulla Sharks.

There were no other injury concerns for the players that featured in the match.

Captain James Tedesco has resumed full team training after progressing through the Roosters recovery protocols.

Sitili Tupouniua successfully returned to play for the North Sydney Bears on Saturday, playing a full 40 minutes after completing his rehabilitation for an ACL injury.

Matt Lodge and Billy Smith have also fully recovered from their respective facial and knee injuries, while Connor Watson has recently progressed into the next phase of rehabilitation after a successful meeting with his surgeon.

Sitili played 40 minutes for the Bears, with pretty good stats for his first game back from a long layoff:
        • 9 runs
        • 98 metres
        • 44 PCM
        • 2 tackle breaks
        • 1 line break
        I expect Lodge to be named in the team this afternoon. Sitili might get another run with the Bears, as might Angus this week. Can't wait until they are both fit & firing in 1sts.

Billy might also get a run in Reggies this week. I know he cops a lot of flak on here, but not for his ability. On the few occasions he has stung some games together it was obvious that he was growing into the role at left centre. The problem is, even he stays fit and healthy, where does he fit now?

left centre.
        JS to wing

Comment

Great news! Solid hit out for Sitili, I expect for him to get at least another week hit out in Reggie’s before playing FG. Same as Gus might get a couple of hit outs for the bears, as at the moment there is no reason to rush him back (unfit). Smith could be handy inclusion too at the back end of the year with injuries etc.

if we can keep relatively injury free (we all know we won’t), we are gonna have one hell of a strong side!!
          Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Thanks Waylander. Some rare good news on the injury front except for Baker. He has stepped up this year.

I read somewhere that Sitili won a penalty for someone pulling his hair. Is this true?
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I'd put Smith ahead of Allan, Hutch and Momo in the centres ranks. Good to see him back after such an awful run of injuries. Praying he can stay fit for long enough now. He obviously has a goodt temperament and attitude to be able to recover each time and get himself back into contention.

Don't want to see Sitili back in the starting edge spot but excellent that he is back fit, will be awesome off the bench for us in the 17 in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

left centre.
                JS to wing

I would love this to be the case

Just my opinion but Suaalii offers so much more on the wing for us

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

left centre.
                  JS to wing

respectfully disagree. why would we drop Paulo, who has arguably been the best player in our backline this season? doesn't even make any remote sense. he's probably played more games this season than Smith has in the past 3-4 years for us. i have never seen a more injury prone player for this club in a long time. i'm keen to have him as a back up, but a back up only.

and why would Trent end the Suaalii centre experiment after one month? he's looked good, and each game looks better in that role. he didn't get enough ball on the wing for a player of his ability. and the more games he plays in the 3, the more he will develop to suit that role.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                    BTW, I doubt I'll be able to post the Squad thread this afternoon. Anyone else who wishes to jump in and do it, please feel free.

Otherwise, it may be about 5ish before I can do so.

Cheers all.
                    Scratch that, I got a reprieve.

I'll be online with the team at 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                      Thanks Waylander. Some rare good news on the injury front except for Baker. He has stepped up this year.

I read somewhere that Sitili won a penalty for someone pulling his hair. Is this true?
                      Yes that is true

Comment

Id be getting Lodge back into the 17 ASAP. His carries consistently bend back the oppositions defensive line which brings Brandon into play.

Forwards win and lose matches. When we win its because our pack has dominated, when we lose its because of Drew Hutchinson- but really its because we were getting rolled down the middle of the field.

Sitili is a edge backrower and Hutch is a bench utility. Please dont give either of them the responsibility of defending in the centres unless completely necessary

Comment

good to get cattle back. presumably brown will play reserves this week as well

Comment

Originally posted by tloos1999 View Post

respectfully disagree. why would we drop Paulo, who has arguably been the best player in our backline this season? doesn't even make any remote sense. he's probably played more games this season than Smith has in the past 3-4 years for us. i have never seen a more injury prone player for this club in a long time. i'm keen to have him as a back up, but a back up only.

and why would Trent end the Suaalii centre experiment after one month? he's looked good, and each game looks better in that role. he didn't get enough ball on the wing for a player of his ability. and the more games he plays in the 3, the more he will develop to suit that role.
                            All good.
                            Where would you play Paulo next year?

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
                              I'd put Smith ahead of Allan, Hutch and Momo in the centres ranks. Good to see him back after such an awful run of injuries. Praying he can stay fit for long enough now. He obviously has a goodt temperament and attitude to be able to recover each time and get himself back into contention.

Don't want to see Sitili back in the starting edge spot but excellent that he is back fit, will be awesome off the bench for us in the 17 in my view.
                              Agree.

Sitili off the pine.
                              Brown off the pine.

Comment

Working...
                              X