Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior and Senior Rep Team Lists - 15-16 April 2023

Only one team list available at this stage

Angus Crichton/Nathan Brown and Dylan Napa are in's for the Roosters in the Knock on Effect NSW Cup match vs Newtown Jets

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...und-7-vs-jets/

Jersey Flegg Team List - 14/4/2023 - 3:45 pm at Points Bet Stadium

Sydney Roosters (1) vs Cronulla Sutherland Sharks (2)

https://www.roosters.com.au/draw/jer...ks-v-roosters/

Comment

Can’t wait to go to Henson on Saturday.

Comment

Knock on Effect NSW Cup

North Sydney Bears (5) vs South Sydney Rabbitohs (12)

Billy Smith makes his return - fingers, toes and arms crossed that all goes well

Sitili Tupouniua and Paul Momirovski second games back after injury - Sitili played 40 minutes last week in his first game back

https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/nsw-cu...s-v-rabbitohs/

Comment

No Team Lists for the Glebe Dirty Red's games - these are listed game day if available - Unknown is a popular players name across both comps

In one of the games a try was scored in the 374th minute - Tries - Kenny SOUMPHOLPHAKDY 374' - Players will do anything to avoid the " nudie" run but that's taken it a tad too far to have a game go that long

Sydney Shield

Moorebank Rams (9) vs Glebe Dirty Reds (7) * Glebe have a game in hand due to a round 2 washout

Ron Massey Cup

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs (8) vs Glebe Dirty Reds (2)

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Angus Crichton/Nathan Brown and Dylan Napa are in's for the Roosters in the Knock on Effect NSW Cup match vs Newtown Jets

Interesting that Tyler Moriarty is getting a start ahead of Thomas Deakin at hooker. I thought in the trial against Melbourne that he looked the better prospect though admittedly, that's hardly enough minutes to draw any sensible conclusion about either player. Has anyone seen enough of our seconds this season to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Do you know if any of our games are being streamed?

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post

Do you know if any of our games are being streamed?
                The only Sydney Roosters game live streamed on NSWRL TV this weekend is the SG Ball Semi Final on 15th April at 6:45pm - Sydney Roosters (6) vs Newcastle Knights (3).

They played in round 8 where it was a 36 all draw

Comment

SG Ball Semi Final Team List

Sydney Roosters (6) vs Newcastle Knights (3) - 15th April 2023 - 6:45 pm on NSWRL TV

https://www.roosters.com.au/draw/sg-...ts-v-roosters/

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post

Interesting that Tyler Moriarty is getting a start ahead of Thomas Deakin at hooker. I thought in the trial against Melbourne that he looked the better prospect though admittedly, that's hardly enough minutes to draw any sensible conclusion about either player. Has anyone seen enough of our seconds this season to comment?
                    Thomas started the first 2 games and Tyler has been the starting Dummy Half ever since

Different dummy half styles - Tyler is more of a Grant/Cook style and Thomas more of Cameron Smith style would be the best way to describe them - not saying they are at that level.

Turpin is only signed for one year - so logic may say one of them could well progress to the top 30 squad in 2024

The Roosters also have a very good dummy half in SG Ball in Benaiah Ioelu too

I did hear that Wong was being converted to a front rower and notice he has been selected this week in this position - maybe looking at utility value in being able to play lock/backrow/front row

Comment

Thanks King Salvo, I appreciate your insights. It's always good as a fan to watch the young players coming through and see how far they can go. Apropos Wong, Robbo seems to like hardening his backrowers with a stint in the middle - I wonder if that's the plan here or if he actually sees Wong's long term future being in the front row? Maybe he's just keeping an open mind to Wong's best position? On a similar note, I've also thought Whyte has played better down the middle - at least in firsts - than he has on an edge. He seems to have roared back into calculations this year after seemingly being out of favour last year.

Comment

Geez it is weird seeing Sitili, Momo, Turps and Billy Smith line up for Bears whilst Chooks have Napalm, Brown, Gus and Corey Allen.

Decent First grade team if you combined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post
                          Thanks King Salvo, I appreciate your insights. It's always good as a fan to watch the young players coming through and see how far they can go. Apropos Wong, Robbo seems to like hardening his backrowers with a stint in the middle - I wonder if that's the plan here or if he actually sees Wong's long term future being in the front row? Maybe he's just keeping an open mind to Wong's best position? On a similar note, I've also thought Whyte has played better down the middle - at least in firsts - than he has on an edge. He seems to have roared back into calculations this year after seemingly being out of favour last year.
                          Agree.

Comment

Working...
                          X