Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post
    Just had to point out we had to use a captain's challenge to squeeze 1 of our measly 4 penalties received out of the match officials. I think at least a couple of the other 3 were for strips too. 1 discretionary penalty for all of cronulla's offside and ruck slowing.

BTW, there is NO way the NRL site's listing of 2 6A against us is accurate, it was at least triple that. But I don't blame them for losing count.

Come on guys, to "lose" by less than 2 converted tries in that stitched up game with all that going against us, especially when we actually won with the Collins try, is no reason to beat up our guys. The simply had no energy left to get over the line - 54 sets against 31, and a penalty against us every 2.5 minutes for the whole game, AND 3 bogus sin bins.

Really, the Stockholm Syndrome excuse makers for the corrupt match officials should be embarrassed.
    Not excusing us for how we've gone in other games this year, but when your opposition is CONSTANTLY offside then everything will suffer as far as attacking prowess goes.

RP pointed out we were very one out and not expansive enough - I saw this as well and wondered why we had so little time off the ruck in possession.

Hence Keary and Walker had less time to bring our strike out wide into it and didn't take the line on much at all.

Not saying some players don't need to improve, but a shortened defensive 10 meters for the sharks had us on a hiding to nothing from the get go.

Oh and 7 penalties against us in 20 minutes. Sheesh.
    Formerly Stringaz, from the old Wall!

Comment

Working...
    X