Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Neither centre thus far has offered anything in attack this season We know Joey has it but Suaali has so far shown nothing as an attacking centre
    he was so effective on the wing last year, he hasn’t beaten a player at Center, the experiment should be over.

Comment

• Sorry to admit it but after our double premiership the roosters seem to have degenerated into a glorified ‘has been’ side.
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

The under 8s style pass from dummy half after the no-try is what cooked it for us. Who was the nuftie that threw it?
        It was Brandon Smith.

Seems to have a few moments every game where he just shits the bed.

Comment

• Messy game with both teams not at their best.

We seemed to lose our energy in that 2nd half, even before the bins. Clunky in attack. We should be sharper than that by Round 7.

Lindsay was outstanding and didnt deserve to be on a losing team.

Maybe both teams cancelled each other out with the respective Coaches knowing how the other team would play.

Poor defence in the Brailey try that saw Hynes skip through.

Whats doin Coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
            Hutch on for 15 min period and attack went completely flat. And he was knackered after 5 mins

why him and not Turpin?
            Hutch was one of three players that made a line break - 11 tackles and 0 missed - The "superstars" were the one's MIA

Comment

• Can't really blame anyone this week it was just a very poor second half performance. Discipline is absolutely shocking, three sin bins, 14 penalties, 2 ruck infringements. On attack we were woeful, plenty of times we got down there and just went for the predictable kick to Tupou or Manu which Sharks easily covered every time, we have the best back line in the comp why not utilise it? We had nothing.

Perhaps most frustrating is that we don't really see any changes made when the team is struggling instead the players and coaches try the same shit, it doesn't work, they get frustrated and grub it up and we unravel. Very disappointing, the Sharks should've been a tough game that we ended up winning but instead we're on the losing end and have again put in a poor performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

I need to after that shit show.
                Great restraint Big Dog - well done

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                  Can’t score tries, can’t complete sets, can’t get possession, errors galore, sin bins galore, penalties galore = a wooden spoon side. Wooden spooners. Question must be asked - has the coach got the dressing room? Even with the return of Lodge and Tedesco still hopeless.
                  I'm almost convinced (90%) that we won't win another comp with Robbo.

Don't hate him or calling for his sacking but his coaching is in decline.

Comment

• Radley was fine in the game, it's his attitude. His idiocy seems to be rubbing off. That Sin bin at the end was just him taking the piss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post

I love this place after we don’t win.
                      It’s always the ref cheated or the NRL have it in for us.

Very rare it’s we played bad or were outplayed.
                      We are a team of champions not a champion team.

Im starting to get a little concerned we are going to miss a top two finish but still fully expect to be well inside the top eight.

I don’t know if it happens now but the playing group should introduce a fine system for errors or sin bins and use the pool of money towards the end of season trip.
                      Some players might be funding a few team mates trips with the stupid errors or sin bins.
                      That trip will be cheaper in August as well

Comment

• We looked like we have been flogged in training the last 2 weeks. Walker has been mercilessly targeted by oppositions to wear him out. Why didn't Whyte play a single minute? 14 penalties? Really? We played no footy at all and got what we deserved.

Demoralising to watch. One of the most over reffed games I have ever watched.
                        Originally posted by jism
                        I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
                          Hutch on for 15 min period and attack went completely flat. And he was knackered after 5 mins

why him and not Turpin?
                          God only knows. The middle defence can relax if hes at dummy half. Such a waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                            Sorry to admit it but after our double premiership the roosters seem to have degenerated into a glorified ‘has been’ side.
                            Shhhh! We are well coached.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post

I love this place after we don’t win.
                              It’s always the ref cheated or the NRL have it in for us.

Very rare it’s we played bad or were outplayed.
                              We are a team of champions not a champion team.

Im starting to get a little concerned we are going to miss a top two finish but still fully expect to be well inside the top eight.

I don’t know if it happens now but the playing group should introduce a fine system for errors or sin bins and use the pool of money towards the end of season trip.
                              Some players might be funding a few team mates trips with the stupid errors or sin bins.
                              That was a wooden spoon performance. Just hopeless.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Hutch was one of three players that made a line break - 11 tackles and 0 missed - The "superstars" were the one's MIA
                                Just didn’t have the speed to do anything with the linebreak.

Clearly reads the game well and knows where to put himself but needs to go get in shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X