No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats are not worth 2 bob in a footy game the 2 sin bins and Mutiple penalty's against us is what beat us tonight. The fix was in make no mistake about it i haven't seen such a biased refereeing display for a long time reminds me of the grasshopper reffing the nsw origin games years ago

Comment

• We went to pieces mentally yet again whilst the ref went to town.

Comment

• Originally posted by yeception View Post
        Radley was fine in the game, it's his attitude. His idiocy seems to be rubbing off. That Sin bin at the end was just him taking the piss.
        Since the introduction of the captain’s challenge I’ve seen so many players give away a deliberate penalty because they want to challenge the play before.

I have never, ever seen one of those players get sin binned until tonight.

If that wasn’t Victor he doesn’t get sin binned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Just didn’t have the speed to do anything with the linebreak.

Clearly reads the game well and knows where to put himself but needs to go get in shape.
          He has no speed and never will. Turpin would've been a better option tonight.

Comment

Since the introduction of the captain’s challenge I’ve seen so many players give away a deliberate penalty because they want to challenge the play before.

I have never, ever seen one of those players get sin binned until tonight.

If that wasn’t Victor he doesn’t get sin binned.
            Yeah you are right. It seems as if they are trying to get victor out of the game.I don't know if you were around
            when Adrian Morley played for us its the same scenario. In the end Morley went back to England where he got a fair go Radley who is the current pommy lock might very well do the same thing when his contract is up and if this shit continues. Every club in the super league would be after him probably for a hell of a lot more $ than we are paying him

Comment

Missed tackles is a shit statistic. Walker “missed” 2 tackles that were absolute belters where he chopped the legs and knocked the attacker to the ground but they will be considered “missed tackles”.

Our defence was much better tonight, Manu was reckless on a few occasions but even Paulo showed signs of much better decision making.
              The NRL for stats purposes judge a missed tackle as when a Defensive player does not bring a player to the ground or complete the tackle- I don't know if Walker was credited with a missed tackle for any of these 2 tackles you mention.

Whether clubs use another method is unknown as in the past they would have folk recording all types of stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Of course he would have been the bondi turtle was never going to score from there turpin might have though

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Hutchison purely getting picked because he can cover the backline if injury strikes.

Hopefully Tupouniua can jag a spot on the bench next week and with his ability to cover at centre and Joey Manu’s ability to play 1 or 6 there will be no need to pick Hutchison.

Comment

• The game’s not what it used to be. Roosters can’t play this crap style of league where there’s more interest in penalties, six agains, hip drops, shoulder tackles, sin bins etc etc. I don’t like watching the ‘modern game’.

Comment

• One of the more demoralising moments in recent history . We will get better as team and be there in September but so does Robbo and the coaching staff . Our roster is the envy of all the clubs and we dish this performance out . A sad day

Comment

• Originally posted by nayfo View Post

I blame all 17 players out there tonight including Hutch.
                        Not one player played well.
                        Lindsay and JWH can both hold their heads up high. Whyte did nothing wrong either!

Comment

• Really disappointing to see Robbo making excuses and defending the performance

Comment

• They had 51 sets to our 34. I don’t think we had the petrol left to execute when we got field position in the last 20.

Why the bench wasn’t utilised more I will never understand.

Comment

Hutchison purely getting picked because he can cover the backline if injury strikes.

Hopefully Tupouniua can jag a spot on the bench next week and with his ability to cover at centre and Joey Manu’s ability to play 1 or 6 there will be no need to pick Hutchison.
                              When you mention he can cover in the backline, I’m assuming you mean the halves? He doesn’t have the capacity to cover any other position.

Comment

It was Brandon Smith.

Seems to have a few moments every game where he just shits the bed.
                                I had high hopes that the Cheese and the inflictor would form a devastating combination. So far it's been no fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X