No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could only listen on the radio tonight, but based off penalties conceeded (4 vs our 14), were they really 3 to 4 times better disciplined than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Shhhh! We are well coached.
      I think Robbo has been struggling and at the press conference focused on the disallowed try and sin bin. That’s being in denial. We lost because we were pathetic especially in attack. Just the bombs like Pearce used to do. They were ready for that. We had no answer.
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Tonight
        positives
        - completion 88%
        - Gus and Sitili to come back in next week as we need more punch on each edge.
        - Collins and JWH played well
        - cheese few good runs

now for negatives
        - penalties 14 to 4 never going to win being that far behind
        - 3 yellow cards
        - victor is a compete liability know (I wish we had Murray or Yeo)
        - butchers try but have no impact
        - our backline is so disenterested - teddy create nothing outside of him, manu looks like he is still in pre season, and sualli and manu can’t break tackles!
        - we actually did cross field kicks tonight - the only ones we caught were not great kicks and had to be hit back in play, the good ones no one jumped - why? Tupou and paulo?
        - I don’t mind loosing when you play a better team and get outplayed but when you loose it yourself and you can see players are not trying it does get frustrating - particulary when these guys are getting paid what they are

keys for next week
        - along with completion and ball control cut the dumb penalaties
        - bring Gus and Sitili straight back on edges
        - victor have a week in res ?
        - sualli put back on right wing, I new before season started he was better in the wing
        - robbo sort your bench and use it properly - give the forwards good rest, radley killed it for Eng in World Cup when he played 50-60 min and got time off, he kills it when he is not buggered so allow players to have time off and use the bench

Comment

• Originally posted by kakaruk View Post

Who cares what the nrl defines a missed tackle king, you as a team can have a missed tackle count 0f say 20 and it doesn't necessarily matter because your teammates who are on your shoulder or coming across in cover make the tackle and clean it up sometimes within a meter of you missing your man. The missed tackles that hurt are the ones that lead to try's here is an example 1 on 1 on an edge and you are stepped inside or out and its try time for your opposing center or again missing an edge forward off a short ball close to your line. If you miss a tackle after a kick close to your opponent's line who gives a shit because 99 times out of 100 your teammates will clean it up. so what matters is where the tackle was missed and what resulted from the missed tackle that is the important thing .
          That is a very simplistic way of looking at it one has to say as if your only concerned about missed tackles that result in tries then your overlooking at your peril the missed tackles in individual sets that enable opposition teams to gain additional yardage and put themselves in try scoring positions that they may not have been in if those tackles were made -irrespective of if others made them further down field.

Imagine if only missed tackles that resulted in tries were recorded - you wouldn't know that Fred missed 15 and Bill missed 10 in a game if none of these missed tackles resulted in tries and thus were not recorded.

It's a game of possession - you want to maintain possession for longer periods than your opponent and gain more yardage with this possession to maximise your opportunity to score points (offense) - On the flip side you want to limit their time in possession and the yardage they make with this possession and restrict their opportunity to score points (Defense)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
            Dragons next week.

Guaranteed a win at least. (Fingers crossed lol)
            yep, just like last years Anzac Day game.

Comment

• What about the Collins no try. They didn't exactly go over it with a fine tooth comb like every other try.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Could Nat and Brandon be suspended for next weeks game?

I didn’t watch any post match stuff, so not sure if anything was mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                  They had 51 sets to our 34. I don’t think we had the petrol left to execute when we got field position in the last 20.

Why the bench wasn’t utilised more I will never understand.
                  That's an incredible stat.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post
                    Could Nat and Brandon be suspended for next weeks game?

I didn’t watch any post match stuff, so not sure if anything was mentioned.
                    Maybe Nat; unlikely Cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                      That's an incredible stat.
                      Not really when they had penalties & 6 agains being given out as lollies to the opposition.

This ref just didn't let them play footy in the 1st half.

Would almost resort to watching Union over that 1st half one sided reffing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steggles View Post

Maybe Nat; unlikely Cheese.
                        Nat Butcher will cop a suspension - be grade 2 dangerous contact at least.- I think it's his first offence

Grade 2

1st offence 2 matches or 1 with the early plea

Grade 3

1st offence - 3 matches or 2 with the early plea
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 04-15-2023, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

We did get the wooden spoon once with Robbo after Pearce was sidelined for the dog incident but we came back and won premierships. This year seems to be a repeat. We aren’t combining. Our top stars are mediocre. I think we just are not adjusting well to the new rules which are causing us to hold back for fear of sin bins, suspensions and HIA. It’s just not RL anymore.
                          We didn't get the spoon in 2016. 2009 was the year.

So Atkins decided to ambush us in the worst fashion. I see people commenting on the manly game where different rules have been applied. Punishment or lack of really. I said this year had a 2014 stench about it, mainly referring to souffs but if anyone remembers, we were reamed in penalty counts that year also.

I noticed during the game where the look on some of our players faces was "whats the point".

We are certainly not there yet as a unit and our terrible attack shows that. We were kind of the same in 2018 up until rd 10 when it started to click.

I'm a little concerned that R6 is right about Walker. Even last year when they switched sides, that winning streak still had Keary as the dominant playmaker allowing Sam to play "eyes up footy". His defense and goalkicking have improved this year though. He looks stronger at least.

The Sharks were offside the entire game yet penalized once for it. Brandon was chalk and cheese as he did some unreal things followed by the taste of a urinal cake. That pass from DH after Lindsay was robbed of a try was the final nail in the coffin.

We needed Turpin tonight, when we get our second rowers back to offer more punch, I want Hutcho out of the side until the injury toll strikes again. Within minutes of him coming on I was calling for Smith to return. Big boot eh? That one kick he had was abysmal. He's not a dummy half, not a centre, not a utility but a halfback. A very slow halfback. Godspeed Connor. A true utility.

Why was teddy first receiver in the attacking 20? That spinning top stuff he does is pointless and embarrassing to watch. He does best chiming in on sweeping movements where the play has picked up speed, I guess he didn't want to get knocked out again.

Toops quiet but did his job, I like Jaxons carries, looks strong. Suaali at centre? I don't know. You could swop him and paulo but jaxon is doing what is asked of him on the wing so Joseph must pick up his game. He was almost clear a few times but his legs are too bloody long and got grassed.

Manu, very underwhelming tonight, I don't know why he drops those midfield sitters on the line, I've come to expect that from him unfortunately. Building into the season someone said, I hope so.

Nat's binning was a joke, he fell over - Mr no no no no no said earlier in the week that accidents happen not always intentional hip drops. Brandon's binning was dumb and deserved, can anyone fill me in on Radleys binning? I wasn't watching when that happened. Egan has more punch than his brother (nice try) but will inevitably be replaced by Lord Angus. Don't expect Sitili to be much early with the ACL recovery.

Love me some JWH, lodge was porridge.

Robbo, very tired of playing most games with 16 men, someone who knows footy better might explain to me why this happens more often than not. I hope Whyte enjoyed the view.

GO EASTS.
                          Last edited by Sentimentinel; 04-15-2023, 01:42 AM.
                          Formerly Stringaz, from the old Wall!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sentimentinel View Post

We didn't get the spoon in 2016. 2009 was the year.

So Atkins decided to ambush us in the worst fashion. I see people commenting on the manly game where different rules have been applied. Punishment or lack of really. I said this year had a 2014 stench about it, mainly referring to souffs but if anyone remembers, we were reamed in penalty counts that year also.

I noticed during the game where the look on some of our players faces was "whats the point".

We are certainly not there yet as a unit and our terrible attack shows that. We were kind of the same in 2018 up until rd 10 when it started to click.

I'm a little concerned that R6 is right about Walker. Even last year when they switched sides, that winning streak still had Keary as the dominant playmaker allowing Sam to play "eyes up footy". His defense and goalkicking have improved this year though. He looks stronger at least.

The Sharks were offside the entire game yet penalized once for it. Brandon was chalk and cheese as he did some unreal things followed by the taste of a urinal cake. That pass from DH after Lindsay was robbed of a try was the final nail in the coffin.

We needed Turpin tonight, when we get our second rowers back to offer more punch, I want Hutcho out of the side until the injury toll strikes again. Within minutes of him coming on I was calling for Smith to return. Big boot eh? That one kick he had was abysmal. He's not a dummy half, not a centre, not a utility but a halfback. A very slow halfback. Godspeed Connor. A true utility.

Why was teddy first receiver in the attacking 20? That spinning top stuff he does is pointless and embarrassing to watch. He does best chiming in on sweeping movements where the play has picked up speed, I guess he didn't want to get knocked out again.

Toops quiet but did his job, I like Jaxons carries, looks strong. Suaali at centre? I don't know. You could swop him and paulo but jaxon is doing what is asked of him on the wing so Joseph must pick up his game. He was almost clear a few times but his legs are too bloody long and got grassed.

Manu, very underwhelming tonight, I don't know why he drops those midfield sitters on the line, I've come to expect that from him unfortunately. Building into the season someone said, I hope so.

Nat's binning was a joke, he fell over - Mr no no no no no said earlier in the week that accidents happen not always intentional hip drops. Brandon's binning was dumb and deserved, can anyone fill me in on Radleys binning? I wasn't watching when that happened. Egan has more punch than his brother (nice try) but will inevitably be replaced by Lord Angus. Don't expect Sitili to be much early with the ACL recovery.

Love me some JWH, lodge was porridge.

Robbo, very tired of playing most games with 16 men, someone who knows footy better might explain to me why this happens more often than not. I hope Whyte enjoyed the view.

GO EASTS.
                            It was a tactical decision by teddy to stop play, and then challenge it, Yet a challenge wasn’t allowed, so Radley had to copa sin binning for the team for nothing in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

It was a tactical decision by teddy to stop play, and then challenge it, Yet a challenge wasn’t allowed, so Radley had to copa sin binning for the team for nothing in the end.
                              Cool Thanks
                              Formerly Stringaz, from the old Wall!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

What was wrong with Radley tonight?

Our middles were about the best thing we had going for us tonight, none of them need to come in for criticism.
                                Missed tackles, stifled the attack when he ball played (wasn't alone in that) and got needlessly sin binned again.

Comment

Working...
                                X