Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't the coach fix that?
    Radley is too small for a forward in today's game, should be left centre or on the bench as a utility.

Comment

• Meanwhile, over in Turbo land...it was:
      "Three sin bins, six reports, as Battle of Brookvale ignites". - Telegraph today.

What I saw at the start of that game happen to a Storm player on the ground who was tackled by two biggest Manly forwards...reminded me of cage fighting.
      No penalty.
      No surprise to me "Brookvale ignites" if that's any indication.

Seems almost time for my idea ...of what our team should be and how we should be playing to win games....to be implemented.

Huge, muscular, athletic, "knock em down, drag em out, ...bash, smash and trash em" style Forwards.
      That's what one team had at Brookie last night.

Huge, muscular, athletic, same style as forwards Backs.

The team we have now is good, but needs something extra....more muscle, more size, more aggression.
      Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-15-2023, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• LOOK AWAY NOW, result of the game at Brookvale following:

Sydney Morning Herald today:

"Sea Eagles' heavy hitters batter Storm into submission".

We need to be able to play like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Nat Butcher will cop a suspension - be grade 2 dangerous contact at least.- I think it's his first offence

Grade 2

1st offence 2 matches or 1 with the early please

Grade 3

1st offence - 3 matches or 2 with the early plea
          At least we can now put a forward with some punch in his place. He's done an admirable job but it's time for some strike on the edges.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• D Tele:
            "Another Battle of Brookvale, another old-fashioned, knock-'em-down, drag-'em-out bash fest, as Manly Sea Eagles and Melbourne Storm flew at one another like Dodgem cars at 4 Pines Park on Friday night."

That's what the game is today, we must keep up.
            If that's not "the Roosters way" then we look like being in real trouble.

Comment

• Hynes v Walker was Man v Boy.

Our boy got schooled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                Hynes v Walker was Man v Boy.

Our boy got schooled.
                Yes, and look at Hynes...
                Tall, muscular, athletic, strong, and fast.

Walker gave away a dumb strip penalty and he's not tall, not muscular, is kind of athletic, is not as strong as Hynes, and is not express pace fast...BUT...
                Walker is not why we lost...(we actually won the game, Collins scored that try.)

Toops, Suaalii and co and our left side should've stopped Hynes....but failed to do so. Fell for a dummy etc.

Sharks scored a try outside Paulo.
                Who's fault was that?
                Maybe Paulo, maybe Manu...but not Walker.
                Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-15-2023, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Hynes v Walker was Man v Boy.

Our boy got schooled.
                  Well Nicho is 26 and Sammy is 20.
                  Our boy Sammy is playing with no confidence, he is one of the most gifted, creative halves I have seen,
                  and it looks to me as if these gifts and creativity are being coached out of him.
                  He's a young half in a high pressure position, pressure to make tackles, which I think he is doing very well and showing plenty of guts
                  pressure to kick and to create. which I think he is struggling with,
                  he's tried a few long passes which haven't come off lately
                  if they had he would be called a hero
                  and pressure not to make mistakes, and I think that is affecting his decisions.
                  He will be a great half, he's still a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Well Nicho is 26 and Sammy is 20.
                    Our boy Sammy is playing with no confidence, he is one of the most gifted, creative halves I have seen,
                    and it looks to me as if these gifts and creativity are being coached out of him.
                    He's a young half in a high pressure position, pressure to make tackles, which I think he is doing very well and showing plenty of guts
                    pressure to kick and to create. which I think he is struggling with,
                    he's tried a few long passes which haven't come off lately
                    if they had he would be called a hero
                    and pressure not to make mistakes, and I think that is affecting his decisions.
                    He will be a great half, he's still a kid.
                    Yes from me for your analysis of Walker.
                    A must keep.

Comment

• I thought we should have won that game.
                      The ref certainly didn't help us and gave Cronulla constant leg ups,
                      i dont know how many tackles we made, but plenty more than Cronulla I think
                      I thought the forwards went well, Lindsay in particular
                      I think Lindsay scored, the bunker showed one angle only... fix
                      We looked like we were scared of making mistakes so the play was not creative.
                      Young Sam looks to be in two minds all the time. something not right there.
                      Our kicking game was poor.
                      We have two bench players starting in the 2nd row, they try hard, but they don't have much creativity in attack.
                      Backline looks disjointed, Suaalii is a winger
                      Teddy just seemed to try too much individual stuff.
                      They look like a team just not clicking.
                      Early days, it will get better, we just need to play some footy.

I think Collins scored

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Yes, and look at Hynes...
                        Tall, muscular, athletic, strong, and fast.

Walker gave away a dumb strip penalty and he's not tall, not muscular, is kind of athletic, is not as strong as Hynes, and is not express pace fast...BUT...
                        Walker is not why we lost...(we actually won the game, Collins scored that try.)

Toops, Suaalii and co and our left side should've stopped Hynes....but failed to do so. Fell for a dummy etc.

Sharks scored a try outside Paulo.
                        Who's fault was that?
                        Maybe Paulo, maybe Manu...but not Walker.
                        Nicho comes to my work to visit his Mum. He is tall but not muscular at all, he is skinny as fark

Comment

• Turning their backs after that penalty last night was ridiculous.

Comment

• Yeah 2018 started this way- very disjointed - people calling for Cronks head and Teddy not firing - then we turned the corner and the rest is history - so dominant from about round 9 I think it was. Admittedly we don't have somone like Cronk to assist with the on field organisation which might be a problem. Forwards aren't our issue they are going okay and will only get better with the injury inclusions. Backs however are really clunking and unfortunately we don't seem to have one of those players in the halves or the spine where time seems to slow down for them when things aren't working and they can adjust. Last night we just kept trying everything we already did with no success. Our kicking and competing on kicks was atrocious last night but we just kept playing for that controlled bomb that you can't even call a bomb as it's just a little dink. They defused them with ease - next 5th we do the same - same result - no thinking on the fly. Teddy then gets all spinning top like and tries to create something out of nothing over and over again but never getting the ball in a position for it to be successful ie in a even a fraction of space.

Comment

• We just don't seem to have a player that can blow the game wide open, ie Nicho and Munster also Teddy seems to be confusing everyone with his runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokoras View Post
                                We just don't seem to have a player that can blow the game wide open, ie Nicho and Munster also Teddy seems to be confusing everyone with his runs.
                                Teddy does this when we are going shit - when we are going well he does it a little but is generally chiming in when there is some space and opportunity. He doesn't need a lot of space Teddy but he needs a little

Comment

Working...
                                X