Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Well Nicho is 26 and Sammy is 20.
    Our boy Sammy is playing with no confidence, he is one of the most gifted, creative halves I have seen,
    and it looks to me as if these gifts and creativity are being coached out of him.
    He's a young half in a high pressure position, pressure to make tackles, which I think he is doing very well and showing plenty of guts
    pressure to kick and to create. which I think he is struggling with,
    he's tried a few long passes which haven't come off lately
    if they had he would be called a hero
    and pressure not to make mistakes, and I think that is affecting his decisions.
    He will be a great half, he's still a kid.
    Sammy seems to have lost his confidence in taking the line on and his short kicking game which are his 2 greatest attributes. He is 2nd guessing himself with his passing which caused the intercept to mulatalo and the sharks scored soon after.
    You need a big boot in one of your halves to win the grind when it becomes an arm wrestle and it hurts us.
    The moving of Suaalii to left centre has cost us getting our sets off to good starts, I've been banging on it all year but Robbo isnt budging on returning him to right wing where it's best for the team.
    The world cup hangover looks to have flattened Teddy and Joey who are our most potent weapons in attack.
    The team as a whole look like they are getting frustrated with how they are getting refereed and not receiving a fair crack.
    I thought our ball control was pretty good in wet conditions and a bit stiff with the Lindsay non try call. The game came down to some really tight calls with a couple of blades of grass.
    Very disappointing loss but we are getting some troops back.
    Turpin has to be on the pine to give the cheese a spell mid game and we need to give Radley a longer breather during the game.
    Onwards to anzac day and we need a win which the boys need to lift their confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Teddy does this when we are going shit - when we are going well he does it a little but is generally chiming in when there is some space and opportunity. He doesn't need a lot of space Teddy but he needs a little
      This falls back on to the halves, also we could have benefited with someone like Turpin on the bench to add some speed around the ruck, Hutch is just too slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Sammy seems to have lost his confidence in taking the line on and his short kicking game which are his 2 greatest attributes. He is 2nd guessing himself with his passing which caused the intercept to mulatalo and the sharks scored soon after.
        You need a big boot in one of your halves to win the grind when it becomes an arm wrestle and it hurts us.
        The moving of Suaalii to left centre has cost us getting our sets off to good starts, I've been banging on it all year but Robbo isnt budging on returning him to right wing where it's best for the team.
        The world cup hangover looks to have flattened Teddy and Joey who are our most potent weapons in attack.
        The team as a whole look like they are getting frustrated with how they are getting refereed and not receiving a fair crack.
        I thought our ball control was pretty good in wet conditions and a bit stiff with the Lindsay non try call. The game came down to some really tight calls with a couple of blades of grass.
        Very disappointing loss but we are getting some troops back.
        Turpin has to be on the pine to give the cheese a spell mid game and we need to give Radley a longer breather during the game.
        Onwards to anzac day and we need a win which the boys need to lift their confidence.

I agree 120%, problem is (much as I love him) Robbo would pick Turpin and then leave him on the bench for the whole game

Comment

• Yes I was going to post something similar. Our completions in the first half were 92%. To say the refereeing had zero affect on the outcome would be overlooking the fatigue factor of extra defence and then the effort required to get out of their own end. The fact the Atkins couldnt see any offside play by the Sharks, nor 'more' 6 agains to us further compounded our problem. Being down to 12 men plus 6 agains against also added to our fatigue which blunted our energy in attack. We had very few attacking opportunities in their end ..Our gun players have been down on form the last 2 weeks Teddy is running around in circles trying to create something out of nothing and ends up going nowhere and dying with the ball. Joey Manu seemed slow and his step is beating no one and Keary was off the pace. With a bad serve from the ref with those 3 key players under performing winning becomes very difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Nicho comes to my work to visit his Mum. He is tall but not muscular at all, he is skinny as fark
            Hynes is 90kg in the club's bio.
            All muscle. 188cm
            His legs and arms are a lot more solid than Walker's, he is 78kg. 183cm.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

All muscle. 188cm
              Some confuse having no body fat as not having muscle Hynes is lean due to no body fat but like you say he is all muscle
              When you trust your television
              what you get is what you got
              Cause when they own the information
              they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

• Just had to point out we had to use a captain's challenge to squeeze 1 of our measly 4 penalties received out of the match officials. I think at least a couple of the other 3 were for strips too. 1 discretionary penalty for all of cronulla's offside and ruck slowing.

BTW, there is NO way the NRL site's listing of 2 6A against us is accurate, it was at least triple that. But I don't blame them for losing count.

Come on guys, to "lose" by less than 2 converted tries in that stitched up game with all that going against us, especially when we actually won with the Collins try, is no reason to beat up our guys. The simply had no energy left to get over the line - 54 sets against 31, and a penalty against us every 2.5 minutes for the whole game, AND 3 bogus sin bins.

Really, the Stockholm Syndrome excuse makers for the corrupt match officials should be embarrassed.
                Last edited by player 1; 04-15-2023, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                  Sorry to admit it but after our double premiership the roosters seem to have degenerated into a glorified ‘has been’ side.
                  Could have something to do with Coach Cronk retiring?

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post

I agree 120%, problem is (much as I love him) Robbo would pick Turpin and then leave him on the bench for the whole game
                    It’s actually not possible to agree more than 100%.

Comment

• If Baker wasn't stood down for concussion he would have played instead of Lodge.

Lodge would have played NSW Cup to get the minutes he requires to get back in shape for NRL as he would not have undertaken much if any fitness work for the first 3 to 4 weeks at least after surgery

Only played 22 minutes vs Sharks in NRL whereas in NSW Cup he could have played more minutes in say two stints of 40 to 50 minutes or so.

Comment

All muscle. 188cm
                        90kg for 188cm is pretty slim. I deal with him basically every weekend for the last few months. I can tell you there is nothing solid about Hynes.

Comment

All muscle. 188cm
                          But hey, you've googled his stats and watch tv so you may be right lol

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

I think Robbo has been struggling and at the press conference focused on the disallowed try and sin bin. That’s being in denial. We lost because we were pathetic especially in attack. Just the bombs like Pearce used to do. They were ready for that. We had no answer.
                            True observation!

Comment

• Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post

Missed tackles, stifled the attack when he ball played (wasn't alone in that) and got needlessly sin binned again.
                              Radley produces that type of story often!

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                                If Baker wasn't stood down for concussion he would have played instead of Lodge.

Lodge would have played NSW Cup to get the minutes he requires to get back in shape for NRL as he would not have undertaken much if any fitness work for the first 3 to 4 weeks at least after surgery

Only played 22 minutes vs Sharks in NRL whereas in NSW Cup he could have played more minutes in say two stints of 40 to 50 minutes or so.
                                Ok so why didn't Whyte get a single minute?

Comment

Working...
                                X