We didn't lose to Cronulla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Yep. It was a try and a win for us - robbed by the bunker.

Robbo was very composed, but called out the corrupt officials - bogus 14-4 penalties, 3 bogus sin bins to zero, cronulla offside and slowing ruck all night, but we still beat em with the collins try - but they robbed that off us too. Some of you guys are like domestic abuse victims, making excuses for your abuser cause you're so demoralised by being used to all the hidings.
    They should move to Stockholm.
    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

As predicted here come the ref excuse
      14-4 penalties, 3-0 sin bins and bunker refuses to show the angle that proved Lindsay scored the winning try.

You're off your rocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post

What? That we are crap.
        You're crap you miserable old todger.

Comment

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post
          I don’t understand how Collins effort wasn’t looked at more or at least from another angle. It looked more a try than smiths. 14 penalties to 4, our first in the 23rd minute after 7 straight to the sharks and not one from the 45th minute or so when the game was in the balance. Just seems very odd. Seriously Teddy is a useless captain can’t influence refs or seemingly make a case for us being shafted in any game. Smith sin bin was ridiculous.
          Yeah that weird. From the reverse angle it looked like he was lying right on top of the tryline but they took one quick look at it and moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            Still should have beaten that Sharks side, even with all the leg up penalties they kept getting and set restarts on our line that game was there for the taking all night.
            You're right. And then this happened...

For clarity, the above image is not a try as Collins is short of the line. The below image is of Cheese doing an insanely dangerous, sin-binnable shoulder charge to somebody's head.

We didn't play like the best team in the comp and I don't wanna do too much woulda/shoulda. However, the ref was shyte and IMO it's okay to say it occasionally.

Comment

Yeh I thought the Lindsay try looked good.

Grant Atkins was caught having a snooze in the in-goal and then realised too late as he tried to peak around defenders so had no option but to send it up as no-try because he wasn’t even watching the play anymore.

Refs really need to be allowed to send something up to the bunker as “I’ve got no clue” and let the bunker rule on it because lets be real Atkins didn’t have a good sight of it and the bunker don’t like over-ruling the on-field refs unless absolutely clear to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

You thought he was fair? 20+ minutes before our first penalty. Barely any restarts. Cronulla were offside all night. He went against Easts on 2 occasions where miraculously we won the challenge via the bunker.
                No i didn't the the ref was any good , but I did think we were really bad . We beat ourselves.

Comment

I thought Collins scored when it happened As for the sin bins the game is becoming more and more of a joke every year It is why I only go to games when I get a free ticket
                  When you trust your television
                  what you get is what you got
                  Cause when they own the information
                  they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

You're right. And then this happened...

For clarity, the above image is not a try as Collins is short of the line. The below image is of Cheese doing an insanely dangerous, sin-binnable shoulder charge to somebody's head.

We didn't play like the best team in the comp and I don't wanna do too much woulda/shoulda. However, the ref was shyte and IMO it's okay to say it occasionally.
                    That top image is clearly a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

They should move to Stockholm.
                      It's 100% Stockholm Syndrome esque.

How can anyone watch that and not think "fark this sport". Hence why I've turned down the care factor and only watch Roosters games now.

The officiating is acrimonious. Almost every week we cop that shit.

Lindsay scored the match winning try but it was nonchalantly ignored.

FCUK. THE. NRL. I'll be back when the current reffing cabal are all retired or deceased.

Comment

14-4 penalties, 3-0 sin bins and bunker refuses to show the angle that proved Lindsay scored the winning try.

You're off your rocker.
                        . You did say the penalties were 14-4 and sin bins 3-0 . Doesn't that tell you something about our discipline or dint your seeing eye dont give you the update

Comment

. You did say the penalties were 14-4 and sin bins 3-0 . Doesn't that tell you something about our discipline or dint your seeing eye dont give you the update
                          I though Cronulla stood offside almost the entire 1st half but it was ignored whilst we were caned at each and as my opportunity
                          When you trust your television
                          what you get is what you got
                          Cause when they own the information
                          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

How does any team give away a penalty literally every 3 sets on average?

Comment

You're off your rocker.
                              Maybe all the tackling in the 1st half stunted our attack in the 2nd half.

The Collins try was quickly overlooked though.

Sure looked like he touched a part of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Marce View Post

Tedesco? Manu? Suaalii? We have the best backs in the competition
                                And not a single Rugby League IQ point between them

one stiffles every attacking play
                                another just had the worst game of his career
                                the last doesn’t give a shit knowing he has $1.6 mill coming soon

Comment

Working...
                                X