No announcement yet.

Have a spell Victor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the way he can hit despite his smaller size shows he's a naturally smart footy player and he's good with the ball in hand. i'm glad he's at the club

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
      We're basically giving the opposition a 10 point start when Radley plays. His discipline is appalling!
      Agree, but he is a protected species. The club let's him do his own thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
        We're basically giving the opposition a 10 point start when Radley plays. His discipline is appalling!
        WOW....... so that makes 30 points we are giving away when both Rads and Handbrake Hutch are in the team......never mind, we dropped Walker so now we will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
          You either have to blame the coaches instructions given the first receiver ball playing role could be a tactic that hasn't worked for 18 months.

Or you blame Rads for not executing properly and trying to do too much. He really lost it with me when he started having a go at Sammy Walker a few times last year. As if Rads is in any position to lecture someone on the field. Run hard and run often. Don't open your mouth.
          Yeah blasting walker reminded me of this d!ckhead lady when I was working in a prison. She was a prison guard and would rip everybody's head off just to try and sound tough. I was a teacher and she didn't like the way I swiped myself outta the protection block (had some theory that I was putting her in danger - I wasn't) so started screaming and swearing at me.

Later on I discovered she was a heroin user, had purchased from a bunch of prisoners and was sneaking shyte into the prison. Reported her and you can guess where she is now (as one of the most hated prisoners as she was a d!ck to everybody... including other prison guards).

There's a lesson in there about people in glass houses.

Comment

I dont think Victor is superfit which the good locks now are - I think he needs to lose a few Ks and he will be fitter and faster. Not good how he strolls back in defence

Comment

Originally posted by BondiBob View Post
              I dont think Victor is superfit which the good locks now are - I think he needs to lose a few Ks and he will be fitter and faster. Not good how he strolls back in defence
              Yep. Also when he is fatigued, that's when he makes the silly error or puts his head in the wrong spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Yep. Also when he is fatigued, that's when he makes the silly error or puts his head in the wrong spot.
                You bring up a good point re Victor - however I don't think he needs to be lighter - just give him a spell or two during the game - his game on Tuesday was very good I thought - but he is slow to get beach in the defensive line when he is gassed so much.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Piss off back to the burrow
                  Never been in the burrow. I'm not a lunatic. A little crabby aren't we? Didn't you guys just scrap a win out against the merge?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie79 View Post

A bullshit comment even from a souths supporter. I also reckon Murray is a great player, but we both know Rads was on the verge of origin selection before injury struck and that was followed by the deplorable rule changes by V'landys which destroyed the great one on one defender's like Radley. Suggesting he wasn't half the player of Murray is as stupid as saying Sam Burgess wasn't half the forward JWH was, although that's closer to accuracy.
                    Sam Burgess always was and would still be, even with a busted shoulder, better than JWH. Surgess didn't rely on illegal bumper bars, or belting smaller players to look tough.

Additionally: victor the self inflictor cant work out how to tackle legally. Murray has had 2 head high penalties is as many years.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowCaster View Post

Sam Burgess always was and would still be, even with a busted shoulder, better than JWH. Surgess didn't rely on illegal bumper bars, or belting smaller players to look tough.

Additionally: victor the self inflictor cant work out how to tackle legally. Murray has had 2 head high penalties is as many years.
                      Lol.. No but he would've broken more records of suspension than even Victor, thanks to his illegal squirrel grips and hair pulling abilities. Someone who's only claim to fame was playing with a broken jaw in a GF in which he was very lucky to be involved in. He obviously owed SBW a huge thank you for not lying down (Souths tactic) after his high shot the previous week and escape suspension.. Sorry but can't hold a candle to JWH in toughness or otherwise.

Comment

Please……Bargarse was a reasonable player but is a grub of a human being; a total thug and cokehead. Because he played for the so called pride of the league and helped the NRL agenda, he could literally get away with murder on the field. No real premierships to his name (you can’t count the 2014 welfare gift from the NRL).

JWH has been in the top 2 or 3 props for a decade and has 3 real premierships under his belt so far, despite being personally targeted by the NRL for years. He’s also an absolute gentleman. Bargarse is not fit to tie JWH’s boots and is not in the same league. Jaz is the 2nd best front rower I’ve seen play the game after Big Artie.

There’s a reason Murray has been pinged for only two head highs in two years and it’s not because he’s not doing them.

Comment

Heres a thought . We are weaker side without Victor , but rather give him a spell , start him off the bench instead of Hutch. I would start Nathan Brown when he is ready to go at lock for the first 20 mins and then bring victor on . He would far more effective running at tired bodies and showcase his ball playing ability. We need Victor !!!

Comment

The only thing Burgess can do better is stalking Billy Smith
                            EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by B2B View Post
                              Heres a thought . We are weaker side without Victor , but rather give him a spell , start him off the bench instead of Hutch. I would start Nathan Brown when he is ready to go at lock for the first 20 mins and then bring victor on . He would far more effective running at tired bodies and showcase his ball playing ability. We need Victor !!!
                              Not a silly suggestion; I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                                Learnt nothing from last week. This bloke loves to chat to the media about how he needs to pull his head in but does the dumbest shit.

Robbo should give him a rest but don’t think he will.
                                I'm no insider but some of the sudden/unexplained sackings I've seen from Robbo (plus him encouraging JWH/Rads to shout/swear at Walker on-field) make me wonder if there's an element of the club having 'Robbo's boys'.

Without being inside the 4 walls this is all BS speculation but I sometimes wonder if his success/tenure has created an Alan Jones sorta environment where some people just

Flanno still makes me wonder. He was on track to be the competition's highest point scorer (a solid prize & a tangible indication he was doing SOMETHING right). Then he was just dropped from 1st grade altogether without explanation. Next minute he's searching for a new club (with rumours that his dad stood up for him or whatever). Maybe he isn't perfect but Robbo seems to have a habit of abruptly sacking young halves like this mid-season and it never seems to improve our performance. In the case of Hastings, Flanno and Walker he's selected pure ball runners in their place and made no other critiques of how individuals are performing.

Sacking Pearce did the job but that wasn't an abrupt, mid-season sacking. It was an off-season recruitment decision to sign a future immortal to replace a dude who'd had a decade of opportunities. I feel as though it works when he's got a marquee signing to slot-in for them but hasn't worked with young halves yet.

Dunno! Not here to call Robbo a ahyte coach or anything. These abrupt choices to replace young halves with pure ball runners just always seem to leave a sour taste in the back of my mouth. I've never played NRL and dunno if it's all part of his success (I think he's only missed the finals once in a decade... maybe these moves have prevented us from falling off the side of a cliff!) I'd love to better understand the logic in it all though.

Who knows! Maybe it's all a lesson for Joey where he's saying 'okay I'll sack Walker then if you're the big superstar golden boot playmaker who loves playing 5/8 at training. THERE! Now either show us you can do better, or forever be quiet and show the kid some respect'. Probably not but there's a different theory for ya

Comment

Working...
                                X