Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting article

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/th...aa3635f4364736

This article sums up much of the Pen discussion over the last few weeks. Not much I can honestly disagree with.

Sounds to me like the usual amateur league sportswriting to me - dripping with hatred, jealousy and shadenfreude. Guy sounds like he's really hoping the Walker rumours are true.

Facts are we are 2 points off second place, we towelled up Souffs and Parra in recent weeks, and it took a bogus disallowing of a legitimate try to prevent us overcoming a 400-nil penalty count and 3 sin bins to beat Sharks.

This folks is nothing new being a roosters supporter - EVERYONE hates us, always have, always will. Including many of the refs who grew up hating us too.

But boy, when we do shine (as we have many years in recent history) in spite of all the media and fan hatred and refereeing leg ups for other teams, it makes it so much sweeter.

Also, sounds like this turd eater probably lost some of his money on bit coin. That makes me happy.

Comment

Well said Player1. Only an opinion of one person!

Comment

He thinks he is some sort of comedian and the article should be taken as such - A poor attempt at humour

Comment

The comment about Hutch was top shelf though…
          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Good article, amusing and spot on, I don't see where he is wrong. We have become a joke lately.

Comment

Very generalised article with too many attempts at humour that falls flat. Remember when pundits used to provide insight and analysis? Like you said read it and heard it all before, regurgitated spam probably vomited out by an AI machine.

Also we have beaten Souths twice just recently (last round 2022 and Round 3 this year), not sure where they got once in last 13 against the trio of the Riff/Melb/Souffs.

Some good reads if anyone is interested;

https://rugbyleaguewriters.com/featu...e-foundations/

https://www.rugbyleagueeyetest.com/2...ying-the-ball/

Comment

Dane is a Roosters supporter. He's one of the funniest blokes I've ever met. Most of his articles are tongue in cheek. He loves to take the p*ss!

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                  He thinks he is some sort of comedian and the article should be taken as such - A poor attempt at humour
                  Well he actually does King; all of his pieces are piss-takes from the view of online supporters……….like us. Where do you think his material came from? Maybe you need to lighten up a bit and see the funny side.

Here’s his bio…..

“My name is Dane Eldridge. I have spent the last decade writing about rugby league and cricket, but only the funny parts. Nowadays, I channel the madman ramblings of Facebook NRL Fan, a terminally-online grub who spends his days seeding his unhinged views on rugby league throughout the darkest recesses of the internet. This is a character who embodies manic sports fandom and basement internet culture, resulting in a tornado of angry conspiracies and typos. He also hates rugby league almost as much as he hates himself. Prepare to be floored by his hypocrisy and body odour.”

Comment

Actually think it's spot on . Tongue in cheek or not

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                      Very generalised article with too many attempts at humour that falls flat. Remember when pundits used to provide insight and analysis? Like you said read it and heard it all before, regurgitated spam probably vomited out by an AI machine.

Also we have beaten Souths twice just recently (last round 2022 and Round 3 this year), not sure where they got once in last 13 against the trio of the Riff/Melb/Souffs.

Some good content on that site 6, thanks for sharing it

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                        Dane is a Roosters supporter. He's one of the funniest blokes I've ever met. Most of his articles are tongue in cheek. He loves to take the p*ss!
                        Thats what I thought...and unless I'm confused didnt he lead the Chookpen chants pre Cannon?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Anything good we do or try to in attack is cancelled out by our discipline or poor handling.
                          Always seems to be 2 steps forward & 1 back.

Can we ever have a high completion rate & low penalty give aways. If we can then we are one team who is nearly impossible to handle.

Also not sure what we do in the off season for 4-6 months but it's not working. To say we build into a season is a cop out.

Imo Radley needs to do less ball playing & concentrare on running & tackling hard. His short passing game is virtually hospital passes getting someone else smashed.

It's pretty bad when it's talked about how the Roosters need to get the basics right by fans & media. You expect more from a high profile professional club.

That would tell me their preparation & game plans are not to a certain standard.

Boy a loss to the Dragons on Tuesday will be unexceptable & the heat will definitely be well deserved on Robbo.

Comment

It’s true. We have a great side and we are shithouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Thats what I thought...and unless I'm confused didnt he lead the Chookpen chants pre Cannon?
                              I'm not too sure about that. JFC. I met him at a function one night. Very funny man!

Comment

Working...
                              X