Official ANZAC DAY Match Thread: Roosters v Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
    nervous second half...some ordinary decisions against us, hopefully we improve a lot next week or warriors will do us.
    Just listened to the Warriors rookie coach, he's fairly impressive & has certainly changed their fortunes around.

5 day turn around for us & them. They will have a big crowd cheering them on.

We won't beat them with Manu at 6 & Suaalii at centre.

Comment

• Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post

King im sorry mate but you are an imbecile if you think the attack looked better solely because Manu was at 6. It was still very clunky. Joey was given the ball with work to do at almost every occasion. He got more metres than Walker usually would solely because he was given the ball in second phase or broken down play and given no option but to tackle bust or break play open for an offload. He had 1 kick all game and didn't pass at the line like a half. Not that I expect him to.

The clunkiness is clearly not Walker's fault and its probably not restricted only to Radley as I felt he was decent with ball in hand today. I don't think its one players fault.
      You are a cretin but keep posting as I can always use a good laugh

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I know which game I watched - obviously the same one as Coach Robinson - Manu got a pass mark and is a WIP.

Yeh have one of your main offense players like a shag on a rock at centre hardly getting any ball.

The Warriors is the next game they play and the only one they will be preparing for - only have to think about playing those teams you mention when scheduled to play them.

Results of games or how teams may play are not based on hypotheticals or previous results or performances.

The Dragons for instance defeated the Dolphins 38-12 - Roosters lost 28-18 so based on just these two results then the Dragons should have defeated the Roosters by 36 points

They didn't as it doesn't work that way.

Are you for real…..”same one as Coach Robinson”. Makes you sound like the teachers pet.
        You’ve taken what I said out of context; I was alluding to the fact that we truly struggled against possibly the worst team in the comp in the Dragons and cannot compete against the top teams with a performance like that. IQ is not your strong point is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

That they started off “Roosters style”, we went in and out of phases, too many errors, big defensive lapses, kept inviting them back, “there was a good opportunity to lose that game”, did well with Rads off, some good stuff at the end of the game, really well done on finishing the game off. Thanked the serviceman present and welcomed back the guys returning.
          Any speech in front of fans and members is going to be very ceremonial.

I imagine the real team talks happen behind closed doors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Just listened to the Warriors rookie coach, he's fairly impressive & has certainly changed their fortunes around.

Warriors unluckily lost four players during that match, not sure if any of them will back up next week, tevaga, klokstad, tohu Harris will all be unlikely to play on Sunday.

Comment

You are a cretin but keep posting as I can always use a good laugh
              At least I give you a laugh and an informed opinion.

You just give me a headache with Rainman stats and spam me with pictures of reserve graders.
              Last edited by HunchoRooster; 04-25-2023, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steggles View Post

Are you for real…..”same one as Coach Robinson”. Makes you sound like the teachers pet.
                You’ve taken what I said out of context; I was alluding to the fact that we truly struggled against possibly the worst team in the comp in the Dragons and cannot compete against the top teams with a performance like that. IQ is not your strong point is it.
                Sadly mate, despite numerous attempts at getting coherent convo out of our resident stats guru, it appears he is for real...

King Sal is like a photocopier. Regurgitates stats and then overheats when he cant compute something. Which is most of the time.

You are right though. I think some are missing the point and assuming we are PO'd that our team won when in actuality we have set our standards a wee bit higher and can see that nothing has changed over the past few weeks other than we've gone from facing Top 8 sides like Cronulla and Melbourne to bottom 3 St George. "You don't win premierships in April"... yeah you also don't win premierships conceding 26 points to garbage opposition and changing spine positions halfway through the year on a whim.

Comment

At least I give you a laugh and an informed opinion.

You just give me a headache with Rainman stats and spam me pictures of reserve graders.
                  Clueless opinions from a pub team footballer who thinks they are better than certain NRL players - What a Tosser

Like a comedian with the microphone who can put down hecklers - you are on ignore

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

I’m more concerned about the absolute caning we will get from the officials in penalties snd six agains over there
                    When you trust your television
                    what you get is what you got
                    Cause when they own the information
                    they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Clueless opinions from a pub team footballer who thinks they are better than certain NRL players - What a Tosser

Like a comedian with the microphone who can put down hecklers - you are on ignore
                      Now you are being assumptive. Pub footballer is flattering, I haven't played for years. I'm rubbish, I just said I was better than Hutch, didn't actually say I was any good at footy. Tongue in cheek. Banter not your strong point.

You are overheating as you haven't got any stats to support your argument so you'll throw some toys out the cot.

You must have 95% of the Pen on ignore at this point which is why it seems like you are posting to an audience of one most of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Yes like I said above my eyes aren’t the best judge on those close calls. I’ll be interested to see what you think. I agree about the team really putting in after Rads was binned. I thought they might capitulate based on the previous 3 tries and the fact Toups had just trudged of injured also. But they hung in there and showed a lot of character.
                        Head on shot showed the put down was fine , i slowmoed it couple of times and it was fine. There was an obstruction in the lead up, not really sure it effected the Roosters player from making a tackle, to me it looked 50 /50 on the replay so in the end i have no problems with the try being allowed.

As for Victor getting sin binned, disgusting referring.
                        Last edited by horrie hastings; 04-25-2023, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Sadly mate, despite numerous attempts at getting coherent convo out of our resident stats guru, it appears he is for real...

King Sal is like a photocopier. Regurgitates stats and then overheats when he cant compute something. Which is most of the time.

You are right though. I think some are missing the point and assuming we are PO'd that our team won when in actuality we have set our standards a wee bit higher and can see that nothing has changed over the past few weeks other than we've gone from facing Top 8 sides like Cronulla and Melbourne to bottom 3 St George. "You don't win premierships in April"... yeah you also don't win premierships conceding 26 points to garbage opposition and changing spine positions halfway through the year on a whim.
                          This the perfect time to define the difference between a psychotic and a neurotic, as defined by psychiatrists.

"The psychotic thinks that two plus two is five; and the neurotic thinks two plus two is four but is uncomfortable about it."

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Head on shot showed the put down was fine , i slowmoed it couple of times and it was fine. There was an obstruction in the lead up, not really sure it effected the Roosters player from making a tackle, to me it looked 50 /50 on the replay so in the end i have no problems with the try being allowed.

As for Victor getting sin binned, disgusting referring.
                            Thanks Horrie. Sounds fair enough then. I wish they had just shown the angle at least one more time live. The commentary at the time was also pathetic as Voss was just beside himself with excitement that the dragons had come back so was being his usual annoying self, laughing and amusing himself with his own comedy routine. Whereas when Luke kicked the winning field goal his commentary was flat and all business like showing his disappointed. And yeah the Victor binning was a disgrace. You’ve got to feel for him in that post match interview.

Comment

• The sin binning was unnecessary but Rads is a marked man now so he has to be ultra careful. One thing that needs fixing is Suuali’s defense. I’ve noticed lately he rushes up leaving his position undefended letting in tries. Today 3 of their tries he was the last line of defense and failed to stop all 3 tries.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steggles View Post

Teachers Pet what the xxxx are you on about.

Oh yes indeed I am for real - The Real Thing like Russell Morris

Not taken out of context at all as unless you are a so called psychic or have a time travel machine you have no idea in how they will play in any given game in the future.

Games are won or lost on the day they are played and not on paper or because of past performances

Teams win or lose the next game irrespective of how they performed in the previous game

They won the game and yes they could be better but it's not all doom and gloom if they don't win any given game or rack up 50 point wins every week as a number on here expect them to do.

It's a marathon and not a sprint

The Dragons are not possibly the worst team in the comp though- need to sort out who their coach will be going forward though.

Comment

Working...
                                X