No announcement yet.

Official ANZAC DAY Match Thread: Roosters v Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great game. obviously we won't be happy with a few things but saints came back strongly and we did well to reverse the momentum.
    we've got a very good team and once we get in the groove we'll be hard to beat

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
      Even Matt Burke was better defensively
      I remember him well. Totally agree.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Does anyone know what JWH was put on report for?

Apparently in the 16th minute after the Dragons scored their first try? I didn’t even see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Good job you didn’t watch You’d have lost your mind had you watched today
          I believe you!

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The offense was certainly far better than it has been all season with Keary at Half and Manu playing as a running 5/8

Manu pass to run ratio of 0.88 - 17 runs 15 passes
            Keary pass to run ration of 2.92 - 13 runs 38 passes

Keary is around 4 - pass to run ratio prior to this game
            Walker is 5.95 - pass to run ratio

If Walker does come back he needs to run more but that could leave Manu like a shag on a rock if he doesn't get decent ball at right centre - reason why he was moved to 5/8

Not sure why you would think that Walker playing would have made any difference to the 40 missed tackles in the second half and and 66% completion rate (10/15)

That game was similar to the Parramatta game last season - Roosters led 19-6 at after time - early converted try in the second half for a 25-6 lead - missed tackles and errors/penalties and set restarts conceded mounted and set completions of 2 out of 10

Parra 3 converted tries and score then 25-24 Roosters with 20 to go - Roosters steady and go on to win 31-24
            I thought Manu was pretty average in attack today. Four of his 17 runs were from dummy half and there were a few one off the ruck. His outside men didn’t see much ball at all. Radley was more impressive as an attacking half (while he was on the field).

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post

That shot is now only available on the Zapruder reel. He planted the ball down on the grassy knoll outside the field of play.
              Yeah my eyes are crap so not very reliable but it just didn’t look right.The other half agreed that it looked dodgy but they never went back to that same angle again to either slow it down or focus in on it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Yes i wasn't sure about the put down and where he actually grounded it also, will check when I get home just in case it's red white and blue coloured glasses on. Also I think i might have called it watching the lead up but my brother reckons there was a shepherd there also. Going to have a close look when I get home.i have to admit I was so proud how they played the game out once Radley was binned.
                Yes like I said above my eyes aren’t the best judge on those close calls. I’ll be interested to see what you think. I agree about the team really putting in after Rads was binned. I thought they might capitulate based on the previous 3 tries and the fact Toups had just trudged of injured also. But they hung in there and showed a lot of character.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

How convenient

just noticed the highlights don’t show replay. They have a zoomed out angle and then move quickly on
                  Typical. Was that the case with all the tries or just that one?

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Yeah my eyes are crap so not very reliable but it just didn’t look right.The other half agreed that it looked dodgy but they never went back to that same angle again to either slow it down or focus in on it again.
                    When all NRL teams fell out of the NRL tree every team but Easts hit the Benefit of the Doubt branches. When we score there is a senate enquiry to investigate all possible camera shots and angles, with the sole purpose being to find us guilty of stealing food from starving babies or pulling the wings off of flies. Victory is far sweeter though when you win against the odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

Sorry mate understand u were disappointed with a win today. Doesn’t help your agenda
                      Which is ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

Lol another disappointment yes at the win….. so look back over 100 years of footy and you are saying he is one of the worst defensive centre ??
                        I'm not 100 years old yet.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

When all NRL teams fell out of the NRL tree every team but Easts hit the Benefit of the Doubt branches. When we score there is a senate enquiry to investigate all possible camera shots and angles, with the sole purpose being to find us guilty of stealing food from starving babies or pulling the wings off of flies. Victory is far sweeter though when you win against the odds.
                          I would love to know the stats on the Captains Challenge as I reckon we would have the best record for successful challenges based on the fact the officials never give us the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• In Robbo’s post match talk to the team I thought he was way too nice seeing they came close to losing and gave up a decent lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                              I would love to know the stats on the Captains Challenge as I reckon we would have the best record for successful challenges based on the fact the officials never give us the benefit of the doubt.
                              I think that you'd be right in thinking that. The only consistency in NRL refereeing is its inconsistency.

Comment

There were passages where we played very well. It is Robinson's job to make that happen for eighty minutes.
                                mmm actually it's the players

Comment

Working...
                                X