Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry but we're not going anywhere this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
    Object of the exercise was to obtain 2 points which was achieved.

Sure they should not have been in that position to have to win the game twice which was self inflicted.

If you miss 40 or more tackles in a game Coaches won't be happy but 40 in one half maybe some sort of record - not one that you want to have though.

Who replaces Toops who could be out for 3 to 8 weeks if grade 1 or 2 or 3 months or so if a grade 3 hamstring strain or tear

Billy Smith won't be ready one assumes having only played 40 minutes of footy in his return

I assume Allan will be considered and possible Pauga and Katoa
    1. Tedesco
    2. Allan/Pauga
    3. Suaalii
    4. Momirovski
    5. Paulo
    6. Manu
    7. Keary
    8. * JWH
    9. B Smith
    10. Collins
    11. Crichton
    12. N Butcher
    13. * Radley
    14. Hutchinator
    15. Lodge
    16. Sitili
    17. E Butcher
    18. Baker
    19. Whyte
    20. May
    21. Turpin
    22. S Smith

Or
    1. Tedesco
    2. Suaalii
    3. Momirovski
    4. Manu
    5. Paulo
    6. Keary
    7. Walker
    8. * JWH
    9. B Smith
    10. Collins
    11. Crichton
    12. N Butcher
    13. * Radley
    14. Hutchinator
    15. Lodge
    16. Sitili
    17. E Butcher
    18. Baker
    19. Whyte
    20. May
    21. Turpin
    22. S Smith
    * Subject to any Judiciary Charges
    Do you think Nathan Brown might get a shot next round?
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

They played very well in the first half, scoring some lovely tries, and let no points in while a man down for the first time in a while. Yes, there were some defensive lapses down the left side that need to be addressed, but once again they had a 2/1 penalty count against them - many of them cheap - which didn't help. In the second half the Dragons held down twice as long as the Roosters on many occasions and weren't penalised once, and there were at least three blatant flops that the referee completely ignored! The penalty for Smith's tackle after the ref had called 'play-on' was ludicrous! Any other time they call the player back to play the ball!

The team won what is always one of the biggest games of the year, no matter what positions the teams are on the table. There is no need to be anything but happy about the win and look forward to the new combinations getting stronger and stronger!

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Do you think Nathan Brown might get a shot next round?
        Whoops left him out of the 22

I can't see it

With N Butcher back and likely to partner Crichton in the backrow - E Butcher and Sitili will be on the bench plus Lodge and you know who - H

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
          We play like a team that met on the day ( still )
          Agree. Something needs to be done!

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
            Dug deep to get a gritty win.

Players looked filthy at full time realising it never should have got that close. Not much celebration.

7pts scored in 3 combined 2nd half's in a row.

Still more questions than answers with this team.
            Pretty hard to score with no ball. Every try they scored came from assistance by the Ref. Their fullback knocks that ball dead and they get the tap...score down field. Piggy back 6 agains....it is so rigged its not funny. Rigged for television there is no competitive sport.

Comment

Sloan would look good in RW&B
              The way he moves reminds me so much of Andeew Walker

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

Unlucky today buddy you nearly got there
                Mate that sand in your eyes must hurt

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

that's a bit subtle for me. we will not win the comp but we can win it?

robbo has a good track record. yes he hasn't won the comp every year but he's got a good track record and every chance he gets the team humming sooner rather than later
                  Yeah im basically saying we have the ability and the roster to win the comp but not based off current form. I can see Robbo and the team bouncing back and humming right at the end of the season but we seem very far away from that at this moment.

Compare that to a lot of other sides like Dragons or Titans for example, we can categorically say they will not win the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post

Yeah im basically saying we have the ability and the roster to win the comp but not based off current form. I can see Robbo and the team bouncing back and humming right at the end of the season but we seem very far away from that at this moment.

Compare that to a lot of other sides like Dragons or Titans for example, we can categorically say they will not win the comp.
                    With sitili,walker,Angus,lodge, Watson coming back and getting match fit, the shuffled backline, there is huge potential for improvement, just gotta beat the teams we should for now, and stay within reach of the 4.

wont be much disruption during origin, so a good chance that things should only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

With sitili,walker,Angus,lodge, Watson coming back and getting match fit, the shuffled backline, there is huge potential for improvement, just gotta beat the teams we should for now, and stay within reach of the 4.

wont be much disruption during origin, so a good chance that things should only get better.
                      Have we gotten anything on Watson but?? At first it was reported as season ending, then it was "late season return" but now nothing.

Origin you'd assume seamless given we can just throw Manu back in the 1 jumper. I think JS will get picked on the wing for NSW but should have the depth to cover him with Momo and maybe Pauga.

Comment

Have we gotten anything on Watson but?? At first it was reported as season ending, then it was "late season return" but now nothing.

Origin you'd assume seamless given we can just throw Manu back in the 1 jumper. I think JS will get picked on the wing for NSW but should have the depth to cover him with Momo and maybe Pauga.
                        Not sure JS is in any form to be picked, but with the fox out, wighton retiring from rep footy, turbos ongoing niggles, he may have to be considered by default.

but I’d go with

teddy
                        To’o
                        latrell
                        burton
                        campbell graham

hynes
                        cleary

turbo,crichton,luai,staggs all in the mix too

Comment

Not sure JS is in any form to be picked, but with the fox out, wighton retiring from rep footy, turbos ongoing niggles, he may have to be considered by default.

but I’d go with

teddy
                          To’o
                          latrell
                          burton
                          campbell graham

hynes
                          cleary

I agree with that. You just never know but. They might want his "X-Factor"

Comment

but I’d go with

teddy
                            To’o
                            latrell
                            burton
                            campbell graham

hynes
                            cleary

Not a bad looking backline, but I think either Chrichton or Staggs will be picked at centre over Burton. Staggs has been in very good form and Chrichton had a great game this weekend.

Comment

I thought Watson was some time in July for his return

Comment

I remember him saying on Grandstand radio a month ago he was saying about round 18 he is hoping to return for.
                                Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Working...
                                X