Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry but we're not going anywhere this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I thought Watson was some time in July for his return
    Round 18 which is July, so if no major injuries problems in the team, it should be all systems go from then, and if we are already in the 8 by then I expect us to give the premiership an almighty shake.
    Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
      So much potential and I support us to the end but after watching what we're fishing up against a average dragons team it's clear we're going now where this year.

It sucks and I hope we improve vur something is missing and I don't know what. Maybe heart.
      Heart is not the issue, if it was then with 12 men and the Dragons having all the momentum and the officials whipping them home, we would have lost and probably by a couple of tries.

We reversed the course the game was heading then and that was on heart.

We just look clunky with new combos coming from players returning from injury and others playing not in their original positions they were training in during the pre season.

Our left edge looks all at sea atm but it was our right edge leaking points at the start of the season and it looks much better now, I expect our left edge to improve in that department once everyone gets more comfortable with each other.

BTW I live in Wollongong and all the media down here and the team treat this fixture as their grand final, they usually reserve their best performance of the year for this game. It was never going to be easy yesterday, even if their line-up is nowhere near ours in terms of ability.

But Sloan and Amone are freakish attacking players who have played in the same teams since they were rugrats and if they get that much ball especially from inept or crooked officials, coupled with Ben Hunt then points will flow.

A poster on here said Sloan reminds them of Andrew Walker, he sure does. Would look good in a Roosters jersey once Teddy gives it away.
      Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 04-26-2023, 01:58 PM.
      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
        Let's see how this thread ages later in the season.

We didnt play well, throughout the 80 minutes there was a really good period of 30 minutes in the first half and after Radley was sent to the bin they played really well to halt the Dragons momentum away from them.

There were some other things I liked and I think if the injury gods are kind we will be there at the pointy end.

yeah Sitili was outstanding once he came on.

Cheese and Radley played their best games and our starting forwards were good.

Whyte one or two lazy moments, one was when he didnt compete for a loose ball, but I like his leg speed and footwork carrying the ball into the defensive line.

Chrichton looks pretty fit and raring to go and will be better for the run.

Lodge looks a bit overweight and unfit to me, hopefully he starts to come good over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Combos should get better over the course of the season.

Our left edge in defense is awful, hopefully it gets fixed soon.....

summed it up nice

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

Heart is not the issue, if it was then with 12 men and the Dragons having all the momentum and the officials whipping them home, we would have lost and probably by a couple of tries.

We reversed the course the game was heading then and that was on heart.

We just look clunky with new combos coming from players returning from injury and others playing not in their original positions they were training in during the pre season.

Our left edge looks all at sea atm but it was our right edge leaking points at the start of the season and it looks much better now, I expect our left edge to improve in that department once everyone gets more comfortable with each other.

BTW I live in Wollongong and all the media down here and the team treat this fixture as their grand final, they usually reserve their best performance of the year for this game. It was never going to be easy yesterday, even if their line-up is nowhere near ours in terms of ability.

But Sloan and Amone are freakish attacking players who have played in the same teams since they were rugrats and if they get that much ball especially from inept or crooked officials, coupled with Ben Hunt then points will flow.

A poster on here said Sloan reminds them of Andrew Walker, he sure does. Would look good in a Roosters jersey once Teddy gives it away.
          Yeah Sloan and Amone both surprised me! There was that 10-15 minute period where the Dragons scored lotsa points. I think a big part of people's disappointment is that they wrote the whole team off as having no talent...

Comment

Working...
          X