No announcement yet.

The Keary field goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I wouldnt like to see the players mob Keary and carry on with still 6 mins to go ...particularly after frittering away a sizeable winning margin.

Comment

Nicely executed.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

What nonsense - is this a different angle on the decision to relegate Walker to NSW Cup

You namesake was not a patch on the legendary Spiro Strattos one has to say
        Come back to me when Hutchinson wins a match with a field goal. Based on last night's reaction, the only two who would mob him would be Robbo and you.
        1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
        1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
          When in Rome...

Have a look at Keary's reaction. Have a look at his face immediately after the successful drop-kick. His look could have killed anyone and whatever enthusiasm that they then had.
          Yes I did notice that.

It seemed to me that he was pi$$ed off with having to do it himself because no-one was going to break their defensive line open or a try.

Either that, or he was supremely confident that he'd slot it over and it was just 'all in a day's work', something a half dozen of his mates could learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

Come back to me when Hutchinson wins a match with a field goal. Based on last night's reaction, the only two who would mob him would be Robbo and you.
            Well at least the Hutchinator has a chance of doing this- you never will

mmm Back to the land of the living as Basil Fawlty would say

The Moustache Man chalked up another W - 8 IP - H 2 - BB 0 - SO 13 - ERA 0

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
              I'm a little unnerved about Keary's field goal last night. Not that he kicked it, but the team reaction after he got us back the lead. Usually you see a team stampede the kicker to pat him on the head, slap him on the back, hugs and embraces all round etc. But I don't recall too many of his team mates mobbing him. I don't recall too many hands in the air or high fives either.

Was it the timing of the kick with 6 or so minutes to go? Was it because they were deflated about yet another crap performance? Was it because they always expected him to rescue them from embarrassment and that what he did was not exceptional?

The bloke saved the team from a further slide down the ladder, yet barely anyone acknowledged it.
              Over thinking it mate, as you say probably relief tempered by the 6 mins to go.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Well at least the Hutchinator has a chance of doing this- you never will

mmm Back to the land of the living as Basil Fawlty would say

The Moustache Man chalked up another W - 8 IP - H 2 - BB 0 - SO 13 - ERA 0
                The standard response from someone who has nothing.

Comment

A pretty sweet kick considering it was 2 passes from the ruck. I guess you have less time to think then, which can sometimes be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                    I know I wouldnt like to see the players mob Keary and carry on with still 6 mins to go ...particularly after frittering away a sizeable winning margin.
                    God yeah....Kez (the little champ) was straight to focus on the short kickoff likely coming. 6 mins is a long time defending a 1 point lead.

Comment

[QUOTE=Carlos Parra;
                      ".....I know the game wasn't won, it never is when our lot are playing."

After following the Chooks for longer than I care to remember, Carlos' comment resonated because, apart from the Beetson period, I have never had the feeling that any Rooster game was a foregone conclusion. It's been like watching the same team since the mid-50s. I even took to wagering on both Penrith and the Sharkies whenever we played them in the long period that both were hoodoo outfits and the result pretty much predictable.

The fella who won Hard Quiz last night with "Footscray" as his special subject, explained that the Club had won few flags but was seldom the Spooner and that the joy for supporters came from the side's characteristic commitment and the wins whenever they came. That was very much like the attitude of Easts supporters with whom I grew up.

Having said that, this one appears to be another Groundhog year when the team loses where it should have won in the first round in the process of becoming spectacularly proficient in the second round but all too late.

Comment

Working...
                      X