The Keary field goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Keary field goal

I'm a little unnerved about Keary's field goal last night. Not that he kicked it, but the team reaction after he got us back the lead. Usually you see a team stampede the kicker to pat him on the head, slap him on the back, hugs and embraces all round etc. But I don't recall too many of his team mates mobbing him. I don't recall too many hands in the air or high fives either.

Was it the timing of the kick with 6 or so minutes to go? Was it because they were deflated about yet another crap performance? Was it because they always expected him to rescue them from embarrassment and that what he did was not exceptional?

The bloke saved the team from a further slide down the ladder, yet barely anyone acknowledged it.
    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Probably because they were all pretty exhausted and knew they still had 6 mins to go. Game wasn't won yet, so why celebrate like it was

Comment

I heard they all hate keary

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
        Probably because they were all pretty exhausted and knew they still had 6 mins to go. Game wasn't won yet, so why celebrate like it was
        Think you are on the money.

Even after the game you could tell a lot of the players were filthy for letting them back in the game. I don’t think it would’ve been your typical winning sheds feeling.

I personally like this, shows they have high expectations of themselves. Robbo just needs to ensure it doesn’t turn into frustration.

Comment

Not sure they had the energy to waste after just defending with 12 players for ten minutes
          When you trust your television
          what you get is what you got
          Cause when they own the information
          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
            I'm a little unnerved about Keary's field goal last night. Not that he kicked it, but the team reaction after he got us back the lead. Usually you see a team stampede the kicker to pat him on the head, slap him on the back, hugs and embraces all round etc. But I don't recall too many of his team mates mobbing him. I don't recall too many hands in the air or high fives either.

Was it the timing of the kick with 6 or so minutes to go? Was it because they were deflated about yet another crap performance? Was it because they always expected him to rescue them from embarrassment and that what he did was not exceptional?

The bloke saved the team from a further slide down the ladder, yet barely anyone acknowledged it.
            It wasn’t a match winning lead at that point so no need to go act like they were Souths players after scoring a try against The Tigers.

Comment

Yep agree. No need to get into an Albanian Steering Wheel like vermin players do after every try or point.

Get the job done!
              Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

It wasn’t a match winning lead at that point so no need to go act like they were Souths players after scoring a try against The Tigers.
                Personally I would have gone with Eels with Gutho and Moses but Cody and Trell are just as good.

Comment

They might have been exhausted, but I have no doubt they'd have mobbed Crichton if he dragged a player into touch or if Tedesco had pull off a try saver.

I know the game wasn't won, it never is when our lot are playing. But 1 point is 1 point, and the psychological impact it should have had on the team cannot be understated. They held onto that lead until the final whistle and got over the line.

Even if I was completely stuffed having to backtrack and chase opponents down the sideline for 35 minutes, I'd still have the energy to race over to my half-back and pat him on the back for potentially saving the match and refilling the team's sails for the last 6 minutes.

Comment

They might have been exhausted, but I have no doubt they'd have mobbed Crichton if he dragged a player into touch or if Tedesco had pull off a try saver.

I know the game wasn't won, it never is when our lot are playing. But 1 point is 1 point, and the psychological impact it should have had on the team cannot be understated. They held onto that lead until the final whistle and got over the line.

Even if I was completely stuffed having to backtrack and chase opponents down the sideline for 35 minutes, I'd still have the energy to race over to my half-back and pat him on the back for potentially saving the match and refilling the team's sails for the last 6 minutes.
                    Yeah but you were a winger who made three tackles and 5 runs. It would have been the highlight of your day!

Comment

Yeah but you were a winger who made three tackles and 5 runs. It would have been the highlight of your day!
                      It would have been the highlight of Momirovski's or Hutchinson's year!

I thought the reaction to his FG was a sign that not everyone is a happy camper in the team.

Comment

When in Rome...

Have a look at Keary's reaction. Have a look at his face immediately after the successful drop-kick. His look could have killed anyone and whatever enthusiasm that they then had.

Comment

I thought the reaction to his FG was a sign that not everyone is a happy camper in the team.
                          Haha for sure!!!

Yeah I get your point. I just think we read too much into things. They interviewed Keary after the game and his attitude was they were happy to get the win, but disappointed with how they had to win it twice so can understand the lack of celebration. I'm sure you played games where despite it being a close win, the team has been disappointed with their performance and in the end just relieved to get it done

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
                            I heard they all hate keary
                            Thanks Luke

Comment

What nonsense - is this a different angle on the decision to relegate Walker to NSW Cup

You namesake was not a patch on the legendary Spiro Strattos one has to say

Comment

Working...
                              X