Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bunker is killing the enjoyment of the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bunker is killing the enjoyment of the game.

Can't enjoy scoring a try anymore until the "try confirmed" writing comes up on the screen.
    There's no common sense in any decision they make.
    I'm sure they're just there to engineer close results.

It's because they're too scared of making a mistake. I agree with you though, it kills the moment when you see the camera zoom in on the ref as he's receiving a whisper from the bunker. Then the inevitable blow of the whistle and the arm movements to signal it's going for a review. Seems to happen at least 90% of the time whenever a team scores.
    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
      Can't enjoy scoring a try anymore until the "try confirmed" writing comes up on the screen.
      There's no common sense in any decision they make.
      I'm sure they're just there to engineer close results.
      The bunker purpose is to generate revenue.
      The long term approach is engineered results over a season for a desired top 8 with serous consideration to the QLD $. The powers that be may not get a desired result on a particular day but over a season is a definite yes. The NRL also benefits financially from their tabloid media partners with purposely poor officialdom. It’s the business model and it’s in part how the media can recoup on their broadcast deals etc. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but it’s so bloody obvious to me.

Comment

I been thinking back , and i dont remember any blatant howlers that required the creating of the bunker , am I mad?(probably) why did they start the thing (other than Bondi Paul concise explanation)

Comment

Glad to see I'm not on my pat malone here

Comment

Officialdom HAS killed the game.

If I ever write a dark satirical comedy about the pitfalls in life I'll call it "Sin Bins & 6 mores!"

They've changed the fabric of Rugby League.

Comment

What choice have they got. If they get the decision wrong fox and the telegraph will be all over them screaming about they got the decision wrong and why didn't they use the bunker. If we lost a grand final on a wrongdecision where the bunker didn't "interfere" you'd be ok with that?

Comment

bunker is shit until it save us from perceived tries

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                  What choice have they got. If they get the decision wrong fox and the telegraph will be all over them screaming about they got the decision wrong and why didn't they use the bunker. If we lost a grand final on a wrongdecision where the bunker didn't "interfere" you'd be ok with that?
                  No I wouldn't be OK with that.
                  Under your scenario the bunker still exists.
                  I want the bloody thing gone.

Comment

The answer is - stop reading/watching anything from these 'Rugby Loig journos' who are not there on talent, but only becuase theyve got the right mates/connections or will say the things the masthead wants.

Ray Masters, Andrew Webster excepted. They are good.

Comment

If there were ever to be a movie made about RL in the NRL era Trent Robinson would be the actor chosen to play the role of NRL.

With modern video coverage it would be nearly impossible to not have video review as part of the game. The problem is that they obviously didn't consult the appropriate engineers to develop an effective and just video review system. Investigation, analysis, design, and then implementation of a video system was the path that they should have walked, but I'll bet they just got some mates and a few old referees together for a long lunch at the local where the system was born.

Video could be very helpful in making correct calls. Referees should be impartial and all rules that include subjective decisions should be eliminated from the game. The NRL management is painfully stubborn and it views the admission of error to be heresy (there's the Robbo reference). I'll say it again, there needs to be a total overhaul in the off season of how the game is refereed. I believe that the vast majority of fans are currently very unhappy with where the game stands and where it is heading. We would probably see fairer refereeing if we followed park cricket and had both captain's dads or girlfriends keep score and make the decisions.

Consistent inconsistency doesn't make a good judge.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

No I wouldn't be OK with that.
                        Under your scenario the bunker still exists.
                        I want the bloody thing gone.
                        So you wouldn't be ok with us losing a grand final because the bunker didn't intervene

But you want the bunker gone

You can't have both...

Comment

The bunker replays are all fir the sponsors to get massive exposure with rerunning plays...all a business

Comment

I don’t mind the bunker I just hate the constant stoppages and waiting around for them to make the call.

Comment

So you wouldn't be ok with us losing a grand final because the bunker didn't intervene

But you want the bunker gone

You can't have both...
                              I said I wouldn't be ok with it and explained why.
                              I want the bunker gone, not both.

Dunno where you got that from.

Comment

Working...
                              X