Release Walker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Walker?

Keary at 7 and Manu at 6 are 100% the best option for this team going forward.

Different body shapes playing their true positions.

Hate to say it, but the only option is to release Sammy to Redcliffe.

And I love Walker.

The closet vermin fan strikes again
    When you trust your television
    what you get is what you got
    Cause when they own the information
    they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

If walker and Keary were in the halves yesterday and dished up the exact same performance manu and keary did, I have no doubt you'd be calling for walker to be dropped. Losing walker will be like losing trell, we will live to regret it 'bigly'

Comment

Even if Manu and Keary are the best options (Which I'm not sold on) you'd expect that the Roosters would keep Walker as a straight replacement for Keary within the next year or two.

Comment

No.
          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

I think Bansai's been on the pipe

Comment

Why not release Keary?

Comment

I can't see Walker playing reserve grade all season. Where would you play him?

Comment

I ask this question how patient was Penriff with Cleary ? ...plenty
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Walker is 20 years old and already holds his own pretty well. Between Keary and Walker, I’d release Keary and find a mature organising half to take his place; just like we did to Pearce. Hutch maybe? Let Walker play his natural game and be the creative one.

Comment

Absolutely not.

Comment

Whoever drew the comparison to Latrell is beyond help. Most people on here knew losing Latrell was a dark day. The others thought we had a better replacement in Billy Smith. LOL.

Walker is still a long way off in my book. It could still go either way for him. But given just his body shape and the amount of defence that's directed his way, I'm not confident. Sadly.

The other option is no Keary, sure. I don't think I'd do that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                          I can't see Walker playing reserve grade all season. Where would you play him?
                          I don't know what game you were watching,but Manu was completly lost at 5/8 . he kept going alone and there was no service to the backs. Walker has to train for tactical kicking and play off the cuff instead of a regulated game. A 5/8 is a link between the forwards and the backs unfortunatelly Manu wasn't that player on ANZAC day.Walker could have run riot against that Saints defence and Manu would have been the benefactor . The game was close because the Ref gave too many six again to St George and the Radley sin binning was a farce..I am a bit over with the Refs and the Bunker trying to even up games.

Comment

How the fark did Keary win MOM yesterday is the biggest question ??

Comment

Either Robbo has lost the plot or there are reasons unbeknown to us why he put Manu in the wrong position. Manu will never be a good half. Why would you put Tommy Emmanuel on triangle duties when the position of guitarist is open? Listening to Robbo last night leads me to believe that he wishes to persevere with this combination. There may be something wrong with Walker's discipline or perhaps his willingness (lack of) to follow whatever directives, but if not, it would be insane in my opinion to release him. Size? Walker is about 20cm taller and 2kg heavier than what Langer was in his playing days.

Comment

Working...
                              X