X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Life of Brian fans, this should have been Welease Walker surely

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Benko View Post

I don't know what game you were watching,but Manu was completly lost at 5/8 . he kept going alone and there was no service to the backs. Walker has to train for tactical kicking and play off the cuff instead of a regulated game. A 5/8 is a link between the forwards and the backs unfortunatelly Manu wasn't that player on ANZAC day.Walker could have run riot against that Saints defence and Manu would have been the benefactor . The game was close because the Ref gave too many six again to St George and the Radley sin binning was a farce..I am a bit over with the Refs and the Bunker trying to even up games.
      In last year’s match vs dragons we put 54 points on them and Walker played replacing Keary who was out injured. We played better and got a far better result against the dragons with Walker than Keary the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF4jjaeyiOg
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Manu done good as Big Jack Gibson would say.

Can't expect Manu to be the complete package as a 5/8 after only having played 4 games previously in NRL as a 5/8 - 2 in 2021 and 2 and 2022 plus first time he has played with Keary and B Smith as a 5/8 - 4 times with Tedesco and twice with Radley previously

Did some good things and will only get better as more layers are added to his game.

One would have assumed Coach Robinson would have simplified his game in what role he was to play.

It was noticeable though that B Smith and Radley were much more involved in offense than in previously weeks with quite a few saying it was their best game of the season.- A Coincidence ?

A Combo of Tedesco , Manu , Keary , B Smith including Radley at this stage is the best set up going forward.

Walker needs to work hard and improve on aspects of his game which resulted in his relegation from the 17 simple as that.
        Last edited by King Salvo; 04-26-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

With Toops out and if the choice is between Sammy at 5/8 and Manu back to centre or Corey Allan on the wing then it's a really easy decision and it'd be the height of disrespect to Walker to choose the latter.

If option C occurs and Hutch plays centre then I'd understand if Sammy requested an immediate release.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

In last year’s match vs dragons we put 54 points on them and Walker played replacing Keary who was out injured. We played better and got a far better result against the dragons with Walker than Keary the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF4jjaeyiOg
            Could you explain what a result from last season has got to do with it though? - Second time you have posted this

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Benko View Post

I don't know what game you were watching,but Manu was completly lost at 5/8 . he kept going alone and there was no service to the backs. Walker has to train for tactical kicking and play off the cuff instead of a regulated game. A 5/8 is a link between the forwards and the backs unfortunatelly Manu wasn't that player on ANZAC day.Walker could have run riot against that Saints defence and Manu would have been the benefactor . The game was close because the Ref gave too many six again to St George and the Radley sin binning was a farce..I am a bit over with the Refs and the Bunker trying to even up games.
              I agree with this opinion.

Comment

The big thing I noticed from watching from the front of the stand was that the defensive line looked alot stronger with one less small body in the line. I know that Sam makes his tackles, but he and Keary are both spot players who do often allow a quick play the ball or require a second defender to slow it down a little. I am not forgetting that the left edge defense was poor yesterday and was exploited...we need to fix that!
                I see a day when Sam and Manu are the halves pairing (as per last game against the Dragons)...hopefully Sam is patient in the meantime.
                I just don't know how a Sam and Keary partnering works in this day and age.

Comment

Based on Manu’s performance at 6 yesterday, the quicker he is moved back into the centres the better..

Our attack looked clunky in the opposition 20 and I think Manu’s indecision with the ball and running in circles was part of that..

I know Trent is stubborn when it comes to his decisions but Manu at 6 isn’t the answer, in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                    Based on Manu’s performance at 6 yesterday, the quicker he is moved back into the centres the better..

Our attack looked clunky in the opposition 20 and I think Manu’s indecision with the ball and running in circles was part of that..

I know Trent is stubborn when it comes to his decisions but Manu at 6 isn’t the answer, in my opinion!
                    How was Hutch when he came on and his 'attempt' on Moses Suli lol. It is embarrassing this sack of lard keeps getting picked

Comment

Trent doesn’t usually flip flop around with key positions so that suggests to me he’ll probably stick with Keary and Manu for a while, maybe the rest of the season. Not sure what that means for Sam.

The new combination did look a lot less cluttered to me. A dominant half and a six who is mainly a ball runner rather than. two playmakers getting in each others way.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

How was Hutch when he came on and his 'attempt' on Moses Suli lol. It is embarrassing this sack of lard keeps getting picked
                        Easy to make that "tackle" from when sitting in the stands or loungeroom though

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post

Manu is a wonderful player, but his style is more suited to centre or fullback than 6. I honestly think Radley would be better at 6 than Manu as his ball playing skills are more advanced.

Comment

I thought Manu looked okay at 6 yesterday.. Angus only had 5 runs so improvement needed on spreading the ball but aside from that I thought we looked more free in attack.

Kez has lost that explosiveness about him there where times yesterday when he tried to slice through a gap but just didn’t have the pace to do so whereas a few seasons ago he probably gets through. Still, was very good though was Kezza.

It is a tough dilemma Sam right now seems too unpredictable in his plays and needs working on his kicking game…

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

You’re not paid to make tackles sitting in the stands or in the lounge room, but the bloke standing in front of the attacking player is. Stupid comment.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Stupidest argument ever !!! They are first grade footballers, Hutch was all arms and had NFI or ability to defend that attack

Comment

Working...
                                X