Squad named vs Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Why the hell isn't Turpintine jersey 14?
    Agreed mate,makes no sense..

Comment

Teddy correct
      Allen wrong..... should be Suaali
      Suaali wrong..... should be manu
      Momirovski... correct
      Paulo.... correct
      Manu wrong...... should be Keary
      Keary wrong...... should be Walker
      Radley correct
      N Butch correct
      E Butch Correct
      JWH correct
      Smith correct
      Collins correct

Handbrake wrong...... should be Turpin
      Angus correct
      Sitili correct
      Lodge correct

5 mistakes out of 17, so that's 12 right, about 70%, our Guru coach is making some very questionable choices. Could easily cost us the game against the Warriors at home, they have lost a few troops, but they are going much better than us. We only beat Saints by a point, we were outscored in tries and we were very lucky. JWH is obviously carrying an injury, he got smashed on Anzac day, so we should probably have Baker on the bench really, but we need Turpin because the Cheese needs a break in every game.
      Not being pessimistic, I want us to win, but I have to be realistic.
      That team named is not out best 17 available.

Comment

After 8 rounds - we are ORDINARY. What did the " crisis meeting " after last year's semi final debacle really achieve. I remember what the departing Issac Liu said at the team's awards night at the end of the 2021 season: " I won't miss Robbo's mind games " giggle giggle. Plus how bad is the team's defense. Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooko View Post
          I'd go with Turpin on the bench. He at least offers spark when he comes on. If a forward goes down then Smith can jump in the back row. If a back goes down then as above Gus or Sitili can move out to the centres.
          My thinking as well Cooko.

Comment

Surely Hutchison is the third choice utility behind Sam Walker and Jake Turpin? I remember a game last year (Year before?) where we were really struggling and Walker came off the bench and practically won us the game.

Hutch doesn't have that in him...

Comment

Originally posted by MKCS View Post
              Surely Hutchison is the third choice utility behind Sam Walker and Jake Turpin? I remember a game last year (Year before?) where we were really struggling and Walker came off the bench and practically won us the game.

Hutch doesn't have that in him...
              But....he is the Hutchinator, he is a good bloke and covers more positions than the Kama Sutra.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

But....he is the Hutchinator, he is a good bloke and covers more positions than the Kama Sutra.
                That's gold

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Why the hell isn't Turpintine jersey 14?
                  I'd be happy with that too

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                    Teddy correct
                    Allen wrong..... should be Suaali
                    Suaali wrong..... should be manu
                    Momirovski... correct
                    Paulo.... correct
                    Manu wrong...... should be Keary
                    Keary wrong...... should be Walker
                    Radley correct
                    N Butch correct
                    E Butch Correct
                    JWH correct
                    Smith correct
                    Collins correct

Handbrake wrong...... should be Turpin
                    Angus correct
                    Sitili correct
                    Lodge correct
                    With Toops out, your team is probably the strongest team we could and should be fielding . Maybe if Billy Smith had a few more games under his belt i would have in instead of Momo but that's about it.
                    Surely the Suaali experiment at centre has to end now, he is leaving us after next year so why bother developing into a centre now, if it was staying long term i would be happy for him to be there longer as i remember Manu took a while to adjust from wing to centre but Suaaali isn't staying long term so back to the wing.

Comment

All this Hutch bashing gets so boring. Haven’t you lot got anything else to talk about? Obviously the coach likes him and he’s going to keep picking him so it doesn’t matter what you think.

Comment

Manu can run the ball at 6 but can’t do critical things halve need to do. Kick the ball and set up players passing the ball, he is just a talented ball runner, he can still come in from centre and do what he is doing now, it’s to much pressure on keary being the only kicker and playmaker

Billy smith only played 40 min but had 12 tackles with no missed, 105mtr and 5 tackle breaks in one half so needs more game time but won’t be far off

other then that
                        Anything on when Tupou is back?
                        sualli needs to go to wing or learn defence structure asap
                        suallj also needs to learn how to step and fend, he is so easy to tackle atm

Solid team with baker, Whyte and brown on reserves. Also Waller and Turpin
                        I see terrel May did not get names in res lists, is he injured?

hutch will play the whole season unless we have out top 17

on flip side warriors have been the best team so far - in terms of not being rated at start of year similar to dolphins
                        although they have no Harris, CNK, tevaga and now walker out to we should win on this but will be close

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                          Why on earth would Walker not be 14

He has to be a better option then Hutch.
                          Manu can go back to centre in a reshuffle and Walker can cover 9,6 and 7

All I can say is he must be really on the nose atm
                          Do senior players hate him?
                          Do senior players want him gone?
                          Valid questions.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
                            Shout out to Waylander who usually posts the line-up. Given it was released early today, may as well get in early just this once to start the debate. Teams were released earlier today at 11am.

1. Teddy (c)
                            2. Allan
                            3. Suaalii
                            4. Momorovski
                            5. Paulo
                            6. Manu
                            7. Kez
                            8. JWH
                            9. B. Smith
                            10. Collins
                            11. E. Butcher
                            12. N. Butcher
                            13. Radley

Interchange
                            14. Hutchison
                            15. Angus
                            16. Sitili
                            17. Lodge

Reserves
                            18. Baker
                            19. Sam Walker
                            20. Whyte
                            21. Turpin
                            22. N. Brown

Talking points:

- Allan brought in like for like for Toops (hammy) and no Sam Walker return

- Both Butchers retain their edge spots. They aren't overly popular here but good show of faith by Robbo, particularly with Nat. Thought he'd been solid before his suspension.

- Good to see Baker back in the squad after a few weeks out with a headknock.

- Whyte gets rewarded for his good showing on ANZAC Day with a demotion to reserves list. LOL.

- Still no room for N. Brown in the 17. Which is fair enough imo, a few ahead of him at the moment. Good depth signing I think but might not play as often as we first thought.

NZ were really good in stages against Melbourne and have been much improved this year. Will be tough to beat in NZ. A heap of injuries out for them, which helps. CNK and Tohu Harris big outs for them. C'mon Easts.
                            Cheers mate. Always a tough game over there, and they have been playing much more consistently than in previous seasons. We’ll have to improve a shit-load if we want to beat them. They have a few pigs out, but so did Cronulla, & we all know how that worked out.

If we can put together 80 min like our first half yesterday, we should be in with a decent chance.

My daughter’s wedding this weekend, so I’m rather preoccupied (hence me not even realising the team was announced this morning). I doubt I’ll see or even listen to the game live. I’ll record it and watch sometime after I get home on Sunday night.

Best of luck to the boys.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Go EASTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Teddy
                              toops
                              latrell
                              manu
                              bmoz

v

teddy
                              allen
                              momo
                              suaalii
                              paulo

all good things came to a crashing end.
                              The first lot is possibly the best 1-5 ever assembled. How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooko View Post
                                I'd go with Turpin on the bench. He at least offers spark when he comes on. If a forward goes down then Smith can jump in the back row. If a back goes down then as above Gus or Sitili can move out to the centres.
                                I also with you Cooko with Turpin on the bench in lieu of Hutchinson.

Comment

Working...
                                X