Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The big positives from our ANZAC Day Game VICTORY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big positives from our ANZAC Day Game VICTORY.

1. The Cheese showed just how dangerous he is and what a good acquisition he is. Some of those runs were immense. He was gaining an extra 15-20 meters on occasion that he had no right to make, and his second phase offloads are always a threat. His best game of the season so far, and an indicator of what he is capable of

2. Suallii we've just discovered is a sublime goalkicker, especially for someone so young. 5 from 5 I believe and barely broke a sweat doing it. One of them was an absolute ripper...a Thurston-esque banana kick.

3. Gus and Sitili are back on deck and will be better for the run. Within the next several weeks you'll see both our attack and defence in and around the second row improve.

4. Egan Butcher had a blinder. Showed just what he is capable of, and put egg on a few faces I think. The bloke will be a future star forward.

5. Keary had a great game. Set up a lot of opportunities, and nailed a tasty field goal from 30 odd meters out to snag victory for the Chooks.

6. Although i'm not yet sold on Manu as a permament 5/8, he had some brilliant runs and was always a threat. That try to barge over was a cracker and he had a lot of work to do with the defence in front of him ...showed he has a bucketload of belief and confidence in himself to get those difficult jobs done (without needing to resort to the chest beating wanker nonsense that 'Trell carries on with in the same circumstances)

7. We WON THE GAME with one hand tied behind our back again. A ridiculous sin binning leaving us short staffed at a crucial part of the game, plus a couple of very questionable 6 agains handed to the Drags.

8. Radley also had his best game to date
    the try and try assist was like old rads again

Comment

agreed with all above

Comment

Not being negative but the biggest thing i got from yesterday that I thought all year is Suaalii isnt a centre in attack or defense.

Comment

Only concern for mine are our centres defensively (Including Manu at stages this season).

I read a comment in the match day thread stating the winger should work in unison with the centre but far too often our centres come charging out of the line to attempt a lazy jersey grab, a little light footwork from the opposition and we’re shot to bits on the edges leaving our wingers in 2 on 1 situations far too often.

I also don’t understand how we’ve become so poor under the highball defensively. Watching Momirovski barreling over Manu (who was making a lazy backwards block attempt) was comical for J.Bs try.

it almost feels like we’re being trained to let it bounce and ‘hope’ to wrap up the attacker ball in hand.

I hold my breath every time a high ball goes up now on our line, and it never used to be that way. Always had faith in our outside backs not to leak try’s from bombs

Comment

Smith should be TOLD to stop holding on to the man playing the ball, and also stop then putting his hand under that player's arm and pulling it up like he did yesterday.
            That could cost us points and games.

Also should be told to stop just passing the ball anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
              Not being negative but the biggest thing i got from yesterday that I thought all year is Suaalii isnt a centre in attack or defense.
              I thought JS's attack was better yesterday. Made some good runs. Needs a heap of work on defence as did Joey early on. Unfortunately tough to let him work on that considering he is leaving. He won't be a centre if he comes back so why try to turn him into a centre in the interim. I hope he goes back to the wing as he serves us much better there in attack and defence next to Joey.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post

I thought JS's attack was better yesterday. Made some good runs. Needs a heap of work on defence as did Joey early on. Unfortunately tough to let him work on that considering he is leaving. He won't be a centre if he comes back so why try to turn him into a centre in the interim. I hope he goes back to the wing as he serves us much better there in attack and defence next to Joey.
                He no doubt runs hard but has zero thought of passing or setting up his winger when its on. He runs slight unders and comes off his left foot. Opposition defenders have handled him quite easily this year as a whole. Like you say, why persevere with him.at centre when he has glaring deficiencies in that position. On the wing though, I think he was a beast for us

Comment

I can't recall a Robbo coached Roosters team that is as fragile as what we are witnessing this year. When you look at our roster and it's potential the only 2 words that come to mind are farking bizarre.

Comment

Agree 100% Bates.

Comment

The Cheese is frigging amazing. He creates at least 2-3 opportunities (usually tries) outta absolutely nothing each game.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                        The Cheese is frigging amazing. He creates at least 2-3 opportunities (usually tries) outta absolutely nothing each game.
                        Powerful leg drive and deceptively quick off the mark.

had quiet a few very good glimpses of what we signed him for today, exciting times ahead for the club and the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                          The ARU would feel like the got in on Suaalii at the top of a bull market to only watch him plummet in value.
                          that's the only positive I can find in his current form

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                            I can't recall a Robbo coached Roosters team that is as fragile as what we are witnessing this year. When you look at our roster and it's potential the only 2 words that come to mind are farking bizarre.
                            Our backline is a shadow of what it was in 2019. All of our players were at the top of their games. We now have Teddy and Joey who are still right up there, Keary is showing signs of aging as is Toops. Then we have Wallaby Joe, Momo and Pauo. It's not quite the same as what we had back then

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post

Manu struggled to tackle period. His reads weren't the main problem.

Suaalii can tackle but couldn't read a picture book.

Not sure which of the two is easier to resolve.
                              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X