Roosters in Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

There's 100 states in Australia? We're much bigger than I thought.
    Fark moi , got that wrong…Righto, one rectangular field in VicMelbia then

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      Not this again - didn't work in the past and won't work in the future

Next door (Canada) plus South America , Europe. Africa and Asia would be better options to grow the game.

Rugby League like Cricket are very minor sports in the US if even that and will never get any decent foothold or following when competing against NFL and America's past time Baseball

Yes I know they are looking at a market of 350 mill but other areas I mentioned above have larger populations where Rugby is second to Football in a Football code popularity sense.

Interesting to choose Las Vegas but there is a reason for this I assume - New Fields and Facilities and surely not population wise in garnering interest for a one off match ? - Las Vegas population is 649k - Nevada 3.1 million - LA 3.8 Million - California 39 Million - NY 18 Million - NY State 19.84 Million

Oakland /LA Raiders NFL team moved to Nevada now called the Las Vegas Raiders and Oakland A's in MLB will also be relocating in the near future to Nevada to play at the new ball park in Las Vegas

So a lot of money spent and being spent on fields and facilities

Not so good if your a resident of Oakland to see your teams relocate - A lot of folk lost interest in Baseball in NY when their Brooklyn Dodgers relocated to California ( LA Dodgers) and New York Giants relocated to California ( San Francisco Giants)
      Ir's about the gambling dollar, nothing else. Hence Vegas as choice of venue ...

Comment

Hooker fest 2024 ..can't wait
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Dumb decision. Will attract tv rights and some sponsorship for a couple of games and that is about it. If PvL and Abdo seriously think they can honestly grow the game there than they are dumber than I normally give them credit for.
          Much better option would be to try and grow the game more in our local markets - Perth, NZ and the Pacific Islands. Take magic round to Perth or Fiji.
          If they want a larger audience why not try South Africa, Japan or Argentina where they already play union? League was born out of union and you would have much more success converting players/fans in these countries. Rather than the US.

Comment

Working...
          X