Junior Pauga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Pauga

Not sure what else Pauga has to do to get a shot in first grade having another outstanding game for the Bears today on the back of an outstanding start to the NSW Cup season.

Behind Drew Hutchinson mate. If a centre goes down he’s next man up.

Comment

His defensive efforts when I saw him a couple of weeks ago in reserves made him look like a two year old. People forget that there are two parts to playing rugby league.

Comment

He’s got to be close, he was the standout fringe player in the trials for mine and I commented on it at the time that I had concerns about Suaalii’s ability to transition to centre.

This week will mark 2 months of Suaalii at centre, his worst game to date was last week against the Dragons last week so I feel like time is running out for him to make that position his own.

Comment

Billy Smith went okay from what I seen of him - had to leave that game to watch the Tarsha Gale Cup Grand Final - Roosters back to back Premiers in Tarsha Gale Cup - The Roosters Men need to pull their fingers out as it's only the Roosters Women winning comps

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            He’s got to be close, he was the standout fringe player in the trials for mine and I commented on it at the time that I had concerns about Suaalii’s ability to transition to centre.

This week will mark 2 months of Suaalii at centre, his worst game to date was last week against the Dragons last week so I feel like time is running out for him to make that position his own.
            Surely he goes back to the wing where he excelled and offered so much to the team ?? He has had next to no positive impact playing at centre, last week defensively he was atrocious

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
              Billy Smith went okay from what I seen of him - had to leave that game to watch the Tarsha Gale Cup Grand Final - Roosters back to back Premiers in Tarsha Gale Cup - The Roosters Men need to pull their fingers out as it's only the Roosters Women winning comps
              Yeah pretty easy playing a comp for 2 months against others that only started playing the game 1 year ago. Even the womens version of NRL still cant be called legit as they dont play a full season & only have stuff all teams.Like all womens sport you have birds that can go from sitting on the lounge at home to playing at the highest level the same year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Yeah blokes on the poddies I listen to were saying he was pretty awesome pre-season (and were surprised he's a journeyman).

Comment

Seems to be doing well in reserves
                  I’d prefer him over momo in the centres atm

Comment

Originally posted by TumutChook View Post

Yeah pretty easy playing a comp for 2 months against others that only started playing the game 1 year ago. Even the womens version of NRL still cant be called legit as they dont play a full season & only have stuff all teams.Like all womens sport you have birds that can go from sitting on the lounge at home to playing at the highest level the same year.
                    Obviously you have no idea about the Junior Rep Comps /Female Comps and the backgrounds of any of the Female players

I would like to see you name any Female that has gone from sitting on the lounge at home to be playing at the highest level the same year though

Junior Rep comps are as follows

* Andrew Johns and Laurie Daley Cup - NSW Regions - 2 conferences of 5 teams - play each team in your conference once and one team in the other conference - 5 rounds and 2 weeks final series - funding only reason why they don't play more games - travel and accommodation

Central Coast Roosters won the Andrew Johns Cup comp this year.

* Harold Matthews Cup (15 teams) - 8 rounds and 1 bye and 3 week finals series

* Tarsha Gale Cup (13 teams ) - 8 rounds and 1 bye and 3 week finals series

* SG Ball (16 teams) - 9 rounds and no Bye and 3 week finals series

So winning Harold Matthews and SG Ball comps is nothing either as it's easy playing a comp for 2 months

NRLW

The comp is only funded to play a certain number of games each season depending on the number of sides ( only playing the other teams only once currently) including pre-season and 2 week finals series.

Currently 10 teams this season with 4 new sides added for 2023 and it will expand to a 17 team comp in the not too distant future.

Players are very much mostly part time professionals and need to still hold down full time jobs outside of football and juggle these inside and outside football responsibilities.

The Minimum wage is 30 k in 2023 - Players can sign multi year contracts which is a first for 2023

Prior to NRLW they play in state based Women's Premiership Comps - i.e NSW Women's premiership has 11 teams - 10 rounds and a bye and 2 week final series

If a player played all games including both finals weeks they would play 23 games - Add 2 SOO games if selected - 25

19 Regular season games

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                      Not sure what else Pauga has to do to get a shot in first grade having another outstanding game for the Bears today on the back of an outstanding start to the NSW Cup season.
                      He is not in our top 30 so would have to either get clearance or wait until after rd 11

Scores hattricks for fun atm, constantly running for 250m+

Comment

Working...
                      X